Null

2021 Softball Recruiting Thread

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Auburn has the top rated recruiting class in the 2021 class according to ExtraInnings Softball. This ranking is mainly due to the number of recruits (9 or 10). Oklahoma has the number 2 class but only

Normally, I’d say yes, but I don’t think it’ll be a huge problem skipping one class under current circumstances. Yarbrough now has 3 more years of eligibility, and Dismukes, Penta, and Lowe have 4 yea

Another article about Jessie Blaine : https://extrainningsoftball.com/extra-star-power-sec-bound-catcher-jessie-blaine-11-military-moves-later-shes-made-an-impression-coast-to0coast/

Blaine and Ellis  were the final two to sign so that completes the class.  Couple of high ranked catchers in this class.  Congratulations to the athletes and to the staff.  I had seen a recent article saying that Blaine had moved to Missouri last month.  I know she had taken a recruiting trip there a couple of years ago prior to committing to AU and I believe her Mom is from Missouri so I was keeping my fingers crossed that there would not be a late "defection".  I believe part of the reason for the move relates to the strict shut down restrictions in California as it relates to high school athletics.  I believe her sister is a volleyball player while Jessie Blaine plays both softball and basketball.

On 11/9/2020 at 11:12 AM, steeleagle said:

Louisiana-Lafayette? Are they a softball powerhouse? 

Great to see us 2nd. Now the 2021 class is not signed yet, right? These are just rankings of commits...?

Absolutely they are a powerhouse. Top notch facility looks like a professional stadium. Pretty impressive that Glasco was able to elevate the program that was already a tough out for anyone.  Fans are more rabid about their softball than any other sport. 

On 11/9/2020 at 10:12 AM, steeleagle said:

Louisiana-Lafayette? Are they a softball powerhouse? 

Great to see us 2nd. Now the 2021 class is not signed yet, right? These are just rankings of commits...?

This link should give you an idea.  https://ragincajuns.com/news/2020/9/17/louisiana-softball-ranked-no-16-on-d1softball-list-of-top-college-programs.aspx

In addition to the #1 recruiting class, Glasco just got transfers Justice Milz and Ciara Bryan from Georgia.  They were both starters there, I think.  I have not, however, found mention of the pitcher from Oregon that I mentioned earlier.  The middle infielders are transfers from Oklahoma (Alyssa Dalton) and aTm (Caitlyn Alderink).  They have 6-8 D1 transfers.  Don't know how he's doing it, but Glasco isn't kidding around.

• Like 2

Megan Kleist is the pitcher from Oregon that I had reference to earlier.  Checking the records, she did pitch for the Cajuns during the 2020 season, compiling a 7-5 record with a 2.31 ERA.  When she transferred, she talked about losing some of her love for the game during the player exodus from Oregon in 2019.  So I'm guessing she played out her eligibility in 2020 and chose not to return for the extra year.  ULL still has an All-American pitcher in Summer Ellyson.

https://justinsworldsb.com/2020/11/13/a-candid-sitdown-with-gerry-glasco/

This is some additional stuff about Glasco and the Ragin' Cajuns program.  Mentions how they are able to "supplement" some of the out of state players if they maintain certain academic standards.  Notice he also mentions the rabid fan base.

Maybe we need another thread titled "Other Softball Programs".  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, slot canyon said:

https://justinsworldsb.com/2020/11/13/a-candid-sitdown-with-gerry-glasco/

This is some additional stuff about Glasco and the Ragin' Cajuns program.  Mentions how they are able to "supplement" some of the out of state players if they maintain certain academic standards.  Notice he also mentions the rabid fan base.

Maybe we need another thread titled "Other Softball Programs".  

Others are doing this, and AU could too in baseball and softball. The catch is (1) the player has to qualify for academic scholarship assistance with out regard to playing a sport. (2) the school administration has to be on board. As I understand it, we do have some baseball/softball players with grades good enough for academic assistance but so far the administration isn't going along with it. Why not, I can't imagine.

• Thanks 2