2021 Softball Recruiting Thread

On 5/2/2021 at 7:21 PM, steeleagle said:

Who knows if Lenti’s hitting approach fit against  these top SEC pitchers. 
Age had nothing to do with it.  

If he is retained after this year I will be surprised. Our hitters even the vets that were counted on have regressed. Very very little power. 

We need to fire the hole Coaching Staff clean house I want that Florida State head coach or Oklahoma State head coach!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blakem said:

Some of the freshman are already on campus I believe unless they are just working the softball camp.

That is great to hear. They may be doing both, working the camp and enrolling.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 5:21 PM, wmsau said:

That is great to hear. They may be doing both, working the camp and enrolling.

After this year I don’t see much improvement except on the pitching side of things it’s time to get rid of Coach Mickey Dean.

• 1 month later...

Incoming freshman Bri Ellis received Alliance All-Star game MVP for her performance. A double and a home run with 5 RBI.

Edited by blakem
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Yeah, I think this class is going to save CMD job. I would say 5 of the 9 recruits are great hitters. They will see the field a lot.

1 hour ago, LetsGo said:

Yeah, I think this class is going to save CMD job. I would say 5 of the 9 recruits are great hitters. They will see the field a lot.

MAybe. They have credentials for sure, but playing in the SEC is tough against some of the best pitchers. And asking true Freshman ladies to perform at a consistent high level is going to be tough.

I'm surprised that Lenti wasn't replaced. 

Ellis and Blaine both played in the game last night for the National team. Ellis started at first, and Blaine was the second catcher in the game. 

Ellis was 2 for 3 in 4 ABs with 5 RBIs. She started the game with a double, driving in a run. Her second at bat was a 3 run HR. She was hit by a pitcher in her third at bad, and she was about 5 feet shy of a grand slam in her fourth AB. She was named the Offensive Player of the Game. 

Blaine looked good behind the plate, and she showed a lot of hustle on foul balls. She was hit by a pitch in her one at bat, but she did hit a very hard foul ball down the third baseline.

Both players showed how strong they are at the plate. They could be huge hitters in the future for Auburn if developed. 

Peralta plays in the PGF All Star game on the 31st. 

Edit: Originally had her first hit as a single but was actually a double. 

Edited by Jad0003
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It looks like Ellis, Peralta, Lisenby, Blaine and Roach will be immediate impact players if their hitting continues as it has this summer. As steeleagle stated, SEC pitching will expose the ones that have solid swings and those that can hit subpar pitching.

19 hours ago, blakem said:

Incoming freshman Bri Ellis received Alliance All-Star game MVP for her performance. A double and a home run with 3 rbi.

Bri actually had 5 RBI's. An RBI Double, then a 3-run HR, then a deep sac fly for an RBI and then got hit by a pitch in last at bat. Stud!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

Ellis and Blaine both played in the game last night for the National team. Ellis started at first, and Blaine was the second catcher in the game. 

Ellis was 2 for 3 in 4 ABs with 5 RBIs. She started the game with a single, driving in a run. Her second at bat was a 3 run HR. She was hit by a pitcher in her third at bad, and she was about 5 feet shy of a grand slam in her fourth AB. She was named the Offensive Player of the Game. 

Blaine looked good behind the plate, and she showed a lot of hustle on foul balls. She was hit by a pitch in her one at bat, but she did hit a very hard foul ball down the third baseline.

Both players showed how strong they are at the plate. They could be huge hitters in the future for Auburn if developed. 

Peralta plays in the PGF All Star game on the 31st. 

Good update, however, Ellis first at bat was an rbi double. Over the outfielders head, one bounce to the fence. 

33 minutes ago, wmsau said:

Good update, however, Ellis first at bat was an rbi double. Over the outfielders head, one bounce to the fence. 

Ah thank you for the correction. I’ll update in my original post. 

2 hours ago, wmsau said:

Bri actually had 5 RBI's. An RBI Double, then a 3-run HR, then a deep sac fly for an RBI and then got hit by a pitch in last at bat. Stud!

My bad I had misread another post and typed that.

Another softball All American game, another Auburn signed named MVP. Nelia Peralta was named MVP driving in 2 runs while scoring a third as the East defeated the West 3-1. Can someone fact check and see if this is the first time the East has won that game?

• Like 4

Just saw Auburn Softball has signed a transfer, KK McCary. She was at Tennessee and played third base. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LetsGo said:

Just saw Auburn Softball has signed a transfer, KK McCary. She was at Tennessee and played third base. 

Looks like she wasn't going to get playing time. In the little she has played she seems to have some power, but a great avg. She was used I think some as DH, but I think she is a good defensive 3rd base. 

Will she have to sit out a year? within the SEC? Or is the transfer still allowing immediate playing time?

7 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Looks like she wasn't going to get playing time. In the little she has played she seems to have some power, but a great avg. She was used I think some as DH, but I think she is a good defensive 3rd base. 

Will she have to sit out a year? within the SEC? Or is the transfer still allowing immediate playing time?

immediate I'm pretty sure

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LetsGo said:

I didn’t realize we had any spots left on the roster. Maybe she can help with SEC experience but she is only a career .211 hitter so not too thrilled about it.

1 minute ago, blakem said:

I didn’t realize we had any spots left on the roster. Maybe she can help with SEC experience but she is only a career .211 hitter so not too thrilled about it.

Also want to add that in her post it says join in the fall of 2022 so I assume that means she is sitting out this season.

On 8/2/2021 at 12:22 AM, OlderWhiskey said:

We did just lose our starting 3d baseman.  Maybe looking for a fielder.

She definitely is a 3rd baseman( Or what are we suppose to call now women at third :)).

It would seem odd we need someone at 3rd but we have to wait a whole year to have her play the position....

On 8/2/2021 at 12:22 AM, OlderWhiskey said:

We did just lose our starting 3d baseman.  Maybe looking for a fielder.

Three or four of our incoming class are listed as infielders.  Denver Bryant played the position some last year but appeared to be inconsistent fielding and making the throws to first base (my opinion).