Gus, Bus, Magic Bus... Gus Bus

toddc

Selling tickets! Get em while they’re hot!EC876647-0D9F-4B5B-BE47-23C5FD390F66.jpeg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t want to hear anything else about how grand Jimbo Fisher is. 

Someone begs to differ. 

3c0a009f95785f7c9cc28b350f61ddce_xl.jpg

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

But AMEN. 

CUccOIJUkAAxqP3.jpg

To each their own, but I'm not close to buying. Great win but a lot of the same issues made this a much closer than was needed. JMO.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To each their own, but I'm not close to buying. Great win but a lot of the same issues made this a much closer than was needed. JMO.

A quality SEC win on the road, with a true freshman quarterback, how close was it not supposed to be?

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm cautiously optimistic......and sitting in the front in case I need to get out at a stop later in the season. 😜

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

A quality SEC win on the road, with a true freshman quarterback, how close was it not supposed to be?

I would've preferred not to have the multiple stalls we had in the first half after the 2nd score or the conservative approach during the 3rd quarter.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I would've preferred not to have the multiple stalls we had in the first half after the 2nd score or the conservative approach during the 3rd quarter.

Same...

Wasn't supposed to be this close with the run game clicking as early as it was. To be fair, we've got to acknowledge that there were several times we didn't have to go 3 and out and put our defense in compromising positions. If TAMU had a competent offensive line (And I know I've said this multiple times) they'd have ran us. 

Mond couldn't get set to save his life, but close games with lackluster offenses won't do us any favors down the line. There are teams with good OLs and powerful offenses on the horizon. 

3 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Same...

Wasn't supposed to be this close with the run game clicking as early as it was. To be fair, we've got to acknowledge that there were several times we didn't have to go 3 and out and put our defense in compromising positions. If TAMU had a competent offensive line (And I know I've said this multiple times) they'd have ran us. 

Mond couldn't get set to save his life, but close games with lackluster offenses won't do us any favors down the line. There are teams with good OLs and powerful offenses on the horizon. 

4-0. Enjoy it. One game at a time. 

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Same...

Wasn't supposed to be this close with the run game clicking as early as it was. 

Exactly. If we continue attacking with the type of plays and personnel used during the first drive, then they quit by half and don't reach double digits. We continually gave them life by going 3 and out. Keep giving someone hope and they'll keep fighting. We had multiple opportunities to stomp on their throats. We should've and if you ask Gus he would agree.

Just now, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

I get that, but you still need games that are blowouts to build depth. We haven't had that enough in times where we should have.

A lot of times, fans are only able to take a superficial view of a game. We both know that there are many implications and deeper dynamics involved that can be taken from games.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

They are an SEC team playing at home. They were ranked number 16 in the country. I’m very pleased, I think we played very well!

I am very pleased too. I think we played really well during stretches but could fix some things that would eliminate some of the lulls our offense seems to get into.

5 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

I get that, but you still need games that are blowouts to build depth. We haven't had that enough in times where we should have.

Ehh I just want to win. I don’t care if it’s by 1 or 100

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

A lot of times, fans are only able to take a superficial view of a game. We both know that there are many implications and deeper dynamics involved that can be taken from games.

Right. Building a successful team takes a lot and given how much Gus is being paid, I think its very realistic to expect consistent domination and longer-term strategy. 

The mid-late game personnel decisions and calling left a lot to be desired at times.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ehh I just want to win. I don’t care if it’s by 1 or 100

This is true. This is why I'm withholding a lot of judgement because its no fun to be the guy frowning at the party while everyone is laughing and cheering.

Perspective . Many of us was predicting a 1 point victory . Maybe a FG victory. Granted we left points on the field but honestly just give props. 

The team showed definite improvement. The O line played much better, special teams improved on punt return coverage, and Gus called some different plays against his normal SOP. Our defense was very effective at creating pressure on the QB and keeping him off balance for three and a half quarters. 

Part of our success was tied up in Jimbo's insistance that Mond not run the ball. He finally started running more in the fourth quarter and they started having more success. Let that be a lesson to keep our offense on the attack and our defense to keep pressure on the QB. We gave up some pressure at the end. 

It's a darn good thing we got that 1st down when we did at the end.

50 minutes ago, DAG said:

It would be nice if their wheels could keep falling off. They’ve been getting great recruiting classes for a while now. 

6 minutes ago, TigerEyez13 said:

The team showed definite improvement. The O line played much better, special teams improved on punt return coverage, and Gus called some different plays against his normal SOP. Our defense was very effective at creating pressure on the QB and keeping him off balance for three and a half quarters. 

Part of our success was tied up in Jimbo's insistance that Mond not run the ball. He finally started running more in the fourth quarter and they started having more success. Let that be a lesson to keep our offense on the attack and our defense to keep pressure on the QB. We gave up some pressure at the end. 

It's a darn good thing we got that 1st down when we did at the end.

I can’t remember who said it in the Bo Nix accuracy thread but it seems to ring true. What he was most known for in high school was getting that play “you have to have” at the end.

That has rung true for both the Oregon and TAMU game.

Archived