Gus, Bus, Magic Bus... Gus Bus

toddc

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Also, I want to point something out. If you take away the 4 TD drives. Auburn had a measly 71 yards the other 9 drives of the game. While the 4 TD's are nice, there needs to be CONSISTENCY in our offensive game. Our defense can only keep us in games for so long and averaging 7.88 yards/yards on 9/13 drives will wear them out eventually.

That's the true tale of the day. The anemic offensive effort and through the air no doubt.

Far too many 3 and outs that led to putting a tired defense on the field against a TAMU team with middling OL that could nary hold a block yet still allowed Mond to move the ball. This conciliatory talk isn't good for a program lead by a coach that aims to be mentioned in the same breath as Dabo, Smart, and Saban.

There are things that need to be fixed and I know that the coaching staff knows that, but for the fans to put blinders on about it shows why we end up in situations where subpar coaching becomes the norm.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Also, I want to point something out. If you take away the 4 TD drives. Auburn had a measly 71 yards the other 9 drives of the game. While the 4 TD's are nice, there needs to be CONSISTENCY in our offensive game. Our defense can only keep us in games for so long and averaging 7.88 yards/yards on 9/13 drives will wear them out eventually.

Also, I want to point out that if the defense didn’t allow A&M to flip the field so much, constantly putting our true freshman in poor field position, more of the playbook would’ve been open.

Good Lord people, it’s an SEC win, on the road, against a ranked team, with a true freshman quarterback. We’re a good football team, get over it!

Meanwhile the great Jimbo Fisher is 2-2 and the great Kirby Smart is trailing Notre Dame at home at half time.

War Eagle!

2 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

That's the true tale of the day. The anemic offensive effort and through the air no doubt.

Far too many 3 and outs that led to putting a tired defense on the field against a TAMU team with middling OL that could nary hold a block yet still allowed Mond to move the ball. This conciliatory talk isn't good for a program lead by a coach that aims to be mentioned in the same breath as Dabo, Smart, and Saban.

There are things that need to be fixed and I know that the coaching staff knows that, but for the fans to put blinders on about it shows why we end up in situations where subpar coaching becomes the norm.

How dare you!

Be quiet and eat your crow!

8 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Also, I want to point out that if the defense didn’t allow A&M to flip the field so much, constantly putting our true freshman in poor field position, more of the playbook would’ve been open.

Good Lord people, it’s an SEC win, on the road, against a ranked team, with a true freshman quarterback. We’re good football team, get over it!

Meanwhile the great Jimbo Fisher is 2-2 and the great Kirby Smart is trailing Notre Dame at home at half time.

War Eagle!

I don't give a crap about what Jimbo Fisher or Kirby Smart are doing. I DO care about Auburn, though, and I just want consistency. That's it. You're acting like I'm going out there saying, "I hate Auburn and I'm mad that we won." Nothing could be further from the truth. However, I'm not going to get on here and say, "Well, we had a game where we won when we should have, everything is perfect and Gus Malzhan should get a lifetime contract." 

That excuse that we were on our own end of the field so we couldn't open up the playbook is one of the dumbest excuses I've heard. If you look at our starting field position only 2 of them were inside the 10. Every other drive started out just like it was a touch back (or better). Here was our starting field position for each drive, in case you don't want to look it up yourself: 25, 31, A&M 46, 25, 20, 8, 6, A&M 38, 20, 26, 31, 25, 50

For those "experts" who constantly run-down Gus and/or his offense as well as those who picked Auburn to lose for various reasons, please kindly begin your future posts with an * so the rest of us will be alerted not to give any shred of credence to any of your future "expert" opinions on any subject.  Thank you.

JWShewmake 

41 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Not me. I’ll take the underdog role. 

We often do better. Don't mind faking off the press and the opponents pre-game week by playing with swag that starts only when they come running out of the tunnel!!

15 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Lol, I think I've become slightly crankier in my ripe old age of 26, so I'm not as accepting of the crow.

I'm not either at 40

7 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

We often do better. Don't mind faking off the press and the opponents pre-game week by playing with swag that starts only when they come running out of the tunnel!!

Right?! 

8 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

For those "experts" who constantly run-down Gus and/or his offense as well as those who picked Auburn to lose for various reasons, please kindly begin your future posts with an * so the rest of us will be alerted not to give any shred of credence to any of your future "expert" opinions on any subject.  Thank you.

JWShewmake 

Can the objective middle mark this for a future loss?

Insufferable is insufferable no matter if one is pro or anti Gus... especially if you're in the middle.

58 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

There are people on here that would explain why the titanic didn’t really sink, why we didn’t really win WW II, and try to explain why we didn’t really land on the moon. I guess there’s just nothing we can do about these types of people.

Meanwhile, the real heavy Gus haters, are nowhere to be found on the board. If Auburn would’ve lost tonight, they would each have about 30 to 40 posts a piece.

I mean, I don’t  know what you consider a heavy Gus hater but I’m here. I’m giving Gus his props and Im as happy as I can be. Im still skeptical overall but I’m enjoying this and have hope. I’ll be here regardless because I love Auburn.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

How many times has a #8 team gone against the #16/17 team and is the overwhelming underdog?

Don't know, but pundits said A&M by 4. Not unreasonable with a 110,000-seat stadium and the 12th Man vibe. Road-untested freshman QB, hit-and-miss O and D up until now. I get it! Yet Bo rose, the team rose, the playcalling, tempo, and game planning all rose to the occasion. Slow down Big Cat's dancing shoes,  Bo's overthrows, and a few things the more skillsd observers among us noted (yes, they're true AU fans, too)...and the sky really is the limit. I pray they travel and rest well tonight. And may Waffle House be spot-on!!

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I’m concerned, at this rate, he might be a transfer portal candidate. Especially with how young our main targets are and the guys we have coming in next year. 

He’s a tremendous talent though 

Boy he caught CGM ire on the goal line when we had to call timeout!

I think Gus called a fantastic game for the majority. We should've had around 14-21 more points, and this is a team that, for the most part, clamped up an offense led by the transcendent golden boy. I think he was trying to force the sweep a lil bit too much and I dont agree with going away from Joey when he was your best offensive threat at the QB position. im not saying take Bo all the way out (I might be), but if he was the main thing keeping your running game alive early...why take him out?

Id give it like a 8/10 seeing as how A&M's strengths was against Auburn's strengths, and how he still found a way to win without his QB doing much passing

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

A lot of times, fans are only able to take a superficial view of a game. We both know that there are many implications and deeper dynamics involved that can be taken from games.

So just y’all two? A&M did come in with a plan to try and win the game. Auburn stood tall in there house and won. What you and Flex are saying can essentially be applied to any team that wins a game. There are always areas that need to be improved on. But considering so many predicted AU to lose, it does make this imperfect victory a reason for many to be optimistic about the future. 

28 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Lol, I think I've become slightly crankier in my ripe old age of 26, so I'm not as accepting of the crow.

See Spot run.

41 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

I think he shouldve did a better job of using TEs/HBs, seems to be the comfort zone for Bo throwing.

5 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

So just y’all two? A&M did come in with a plan to try and win the game. Auburn stood tall in there house and won. What you and Flex are saying can essentially be applied to any team that wins a game. There are always areas that need to be improved on. But considering so many predicted AU to lose, it does make this imperfect victory a reason for many to be optimistic about the future. 

Did I say just the two of us?

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I am very pleased too. I think we played really well during stretches but could fix some things that would eliminate some of the lulls our offense seems to get into.

Well dull

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well dull

LOL. Me thinks you supplied Bird a case of PBR. 

30 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

JWShewmake 

Still signing  these sons of bitches huh? Ok then.

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Why can’t someone be happy about winning but also concerned with things that may hurt us down the road if not corrected?

Isn't that like 100% of the forum? Who said otherwise? Name them.

Archived