Gus, Bus, Magic Bus... Gus Bus

toddc

52 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

This conciliatory talk isn't good for a program lead by a coach that aims to be mentioned in the same breath as Dabo, Smart, and Saban.

There are things that need to be fixed and I know that the coaching staff knows that, but for the fans to put blinders on about it shows why we end up in situations where subpar coaching becomes the norm.

First, is fans putting on blinders a problem for this team meaning they won’t focus on the issues and get better? Who cares if the fans are celebrating a hard fought win on the road? The fans don’t play and don’t coach - they just show up to the games and cheer which is exactly what you want and need for your team. Idk why it’s a problem if the fans are happy.

Second, I look at it as the team finding a way to win. No, the other drives didn’t do much in the way of yardage but those TD drives did indeed score and those TDs count. I mean, would you rather we be 3-1 right now with a loss to prove a point or 4-0? We all know there are significant issues still to be resolved, not the least of which is Nix’s consistency in accuracy and continued growth on the O-line, but to steal a line from Gus, “find a way to win!” Auburn won by dictating the tempo and pace of the game from the start and did it on the road. We’ll be moving up a spot in the rankings come tomorrow and no one has more “proven” wins than we do through 4 weeks. I’ll enjoy it because I have no control over any of it. War Damn Eagle! Fun win!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Bird and Flex seem to be taking flak for pointing put problems after a big win.

Arguing with air. No one I've seen stated there weren't problems to be addressed. I'll ask you again, who did that? Name them. Better yet, quote them.

49 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I don't give a crap about what Jimbo Fisher or Kirby Smart are doing. I DO care about Auburn, though, and I just want consistency. That's it. You're acting like I'm going out there saying, "I hate Auburn and I'm mad that we won." Nothing could be further from the truth. However, I'm not going to get on here and say, "Well, we had a game where we won when we should have, everything is perfect and Gus Malzhan should get a lifetime contract." 

That excuse that we were on our own end of the field so we couldn't open up the playbook is one of the dumbest excuses I've heard. If you look at our starting field position only 2 of them were inside the 10. Every other drive started out just like it was a touch back (or better). Here was our starting field position for each drive, in case you don't want to look it up yourself: 25, 31, A&M 46, 25, 20, 8, 6, A&M 38, 20, 26, 31, 25, 50

Yes.... 25, 20, 8, 6, 20, 26, 25,  With a freshman, that has a lead, on the road in the SEC. So very wisely, the playbook shrank, as it should have.

Auburn didn’t take any chances, and won the game by eight points despite being four point underdogs. 

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Golf would never give anyone his beer, ever 

LOL. Love Bird. He's a legend regardless of what Golf says, but something's in the air tonight. 

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Arguing with air. No one I've seen stated there weren't problems to be addressed. I'll ask you again, who did that? Name them. Better yet, quote them.

Dude why you being a dick? Read the damn thread. I’m not trying to start anything but clearly Mr. JD Shwemaker or whatever and AU-24 have said some things that would imply its wrong to be critical after this win. Good god man why you trying to start stuff? I’ve been positive and agreeable and eating my crow and you’re out here trying to be an ass?? Go on about your bidness man. Im half lit and trying to enjoy my night.

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Dude why you being a dick? Read the damn thread. I’m not trying to start anything but clearly Mr. JD Shwemaker or whatever and AU-24 have said some things that would imply its wrong to be critical after this win. Good god man why you trying to start stuff? I’ve been positive and agreeable and eating my crow and you’re out here trying to be an ass?? Go on about your bidness man. Im half lit and trying to enjoy my night.

WTH are you smoking? I'm simply stating fact. We won and there is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying it. No one has said we don't need improvement. I gave you the opportunity to quote whoever you thought did and you can't. That has been my point. Prove me wrong. I can take it. Stay lit.

26 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

For those "experts" who constantly run-down Gus and/or his offense as well as those who picked Auburn to lose for various reasons, please kindly begin your future posts with an * so the rest of us will be alerted not to give any shred of credence to any of your future "expert" opinions on any subject.  Thank you.

JWShewmake 

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Good Lord people, it’s an SEC win, on the road, against a ranked team, with a true freshman quarterback. We’re a good football team, get over it!

@AUFAN78 here jackass...now shut up. 

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

@AUFAN78 here jackass...now shut up. 

Fail dumbass. Show me where they said we don't need improvement. Stay lit.

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

Also, I want to point something out. If you take away the 4 TD drives. Auburn had a measly 71 yards the other 9 drives of the game. While the 4 TD's are nice, there needs to be CONSISTENCY in our offensive game. Our defense can only keep us in games for so long and averaging 7.88 yards/yards on 9/13 drives will wear them out eventually.

Hey if you take away Bo’s rushing yards and td’s he wouldn’t have won the Heisman. Interesting logic. 

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Dick

Go to bed and quit embarrassing yourself. WDE!!!

3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Im not surprised you can’t comprehend the implication in the posts. Im surpriepsed you can read at all honestly 

Better yet pass the bottle. Must be good stuff.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

I would've preferred not to have the multiple stalls we had in the first half after the 2nd score or the conservative approach during the 3rd quarter.

Same here but a huge stat was 0 turnovers. Gus never put Bo in a position to make a big mistake. We should have scored at least one more touchdown. That coming from the overthrow on deep passes alone. Probably could have put up another if needed.

Still a "two ice-cream sandwich" post game celebration for me.  

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

He's great at destroying programs. He wrecked FSU then stepped out for a box of smokes.

Mr. 10 million dollar man. 

6 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Some of you left off that if the two catches on their scoring drives were reviewed, they would have never scored as it would 4th down. 

The few I remember were pretty clear catches after replay, just great effort & focus from what I saw. 

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

Game would have been a blowout if Nix could be more accurate with his deep balls.

Totally agree.I have noticed this in all our games this season  that Bo overthrows the receiver on deep routes almost every time.If he can correct this flaw in his game he will be unstoppable..  JMO

WDE!!! 

14 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Same here but a huge stat was 0 turnovers. Gus never put Bo in a position to make a big mistake. We should have scored at least one more touchdown. That coming from the overthrow on deep passes alone. Probably could have put up another if needed.

Still a "two ice-cream sandwich" post game celebration for me.  

Salty...I love your style! I can't resist ice cream at all!

I just don’t feel like our offensive strategy is sustainable. We can’t  trick play our way to victory all season. I mean look at the stat line, for crying out loud. It’s pathetic. There has got to be some kind of more in depth game plan. We have to get Bo more involved with a passing game and he has to hit his targets. 

With all that being said, I’m glad we won and I’m proud of the effort the team put forth. The front 7 is championship level dominant. The secondary tackles well, but they give up a lot of passes. War Eagle!

I do have to point out two points that are concerning going forward, less than 300 yds of total o, and out scored 17-7 in the 4th. Either way, we found a way to win but we still have a lot to work on

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

There are people on here that would explain why the titanic didn’t really sink, why we didn’t really win WW II, and try to explain why we didn’t really land on the moon. I guess there’s just nothing we can do about these types of people.

Meanwhile, the real heavy Gus haters, are nowhere to be found on the board. If Auburn would’ve lost tonight, they would each have about 30 to 40 posts a piece.

Well Hitler did decide to call his own plays and attempted to fight on two fronts during the Russian winter and continuously underestimated the Spitfire. While also making it personal. His own team also tried to kill him.

For those that have a voodoo Gus doll...

Do any Auburn people watch any games outside of our own?  The last two National Champions had to go into College Station early in the year. 

A big win in a big environment against a better team than the previous two years.

Love it or leave it

Archived