Gus, Bus, Magic Bus... Gus Bus

toddc

I don’t think Gus did anything wrong with Hill. He didn’t grab his face mask or get super close to his face. He gave him an ass chewing for not executing or maybe pussyfooting around. I know one thing. I bet Hill doesn’t do what he did again, when he goes in next time. I was in the military, so I may have a completely different view of what an ass chewing should look like, but what Gus did didn’t even tip the needle of what inappropriate looked like, IMO.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Coach was neither.

I personally liked it but he lost it for a sec.  when he kept telling modi to get Hill off the field it was hilarious 

12 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I know, it just seems to be getting worse than my days in the 80’s-90’s and we had a football coach that would be a facemask grabber in the early years before he had to stop that(just during games by the way).   

My HS coach was a facemask grabber and I never took it personal..........I respect your opinion👍............ever notice tv camera avoids showing shoving matches between players yet they wont look away when a HC is giving a good arse chewing.

I can’t speak for the so-called nit pickers but I have been nothing but positive about this win. Now, that being said, I don’t see nit picking. I’ve seen two respected posters, who have extensive football knowledge, share concerns about things that COULD cause issues down the road. Isn’t that what message boards are for? To discuss? They haven’t been hostile or mean and they have legitimate X’s and O’s concerns.

Sorry but Gus hasn’t put himself in a position to earn the benefit of the doubt. Fact is he has lost 4 or more games every single year since his first. Thats not being negative, or mean or hostile...thems the facts folks. From reading through this board and other social media and talking to peers, there were a lot of us Gus doubters who thought we would win this game...including me. So we’re not terribly surprised we won.  We also know the schedule doesn’t let up and the potential for another 4 loss season is definitely still there. 

I’m an armchair QB. I have no coaching experience and never played football. So to me that game really looked fantastic outside of a few frustrating drives. But I rely on posters like @Malcolm_FleX48 and @bigbird to break things down for me. I feel like they did so in a way that didn’t convey negativity or panic but just football stuff. The Gus doubters tend to receive criticism for being negative and surely we can be guilty of that...but its the Gus lovers who consistently attack any negative feedback with more negativity and act as if this message board is supposed to be one giant pep rally every week. I was attacked by someone last night for simply pointing out that there were some who were taking flak for being critical of some things in the game. I wasn’t trying to provoke anything and have done all I can do this week to promote positivity about Gus and get along with folks. I can see both sides of this Gus thing. I do understand why so many want to support him. I think bird does too, and flex and others. It seems its the other side who can only myopically see their side of things and shoot down immediately any negative talk. 

It is a HUGE win, an incredible road win. I’m proud and happy of our team and staff. We’re 4-0, ranked 8th and control our destiny in the SEC. Can’t ask for more, But again, given Gus’s track record, we know there could be issues coming. And pointing that out on a football board should be a normal thing. Instead of attacking those folks as nit pickers, why not have a discussion about the concerns.they bring up? If you see those concerns differently then address them instead of just attacking the messenger. 

I apologize for any of my bad behavior including the use of poor language towards another poster last night. I just don’t understand why someone would try to pick a fight? I’m now hopeful, excited and fired up to see how the rest of this season plays out and I believe even the worst Gus doubters would agree. 

War Eagle friends

4 games into this season isn't enough to get me back on the bus. This is year 7 and we're still seeing the same problems creep up. Enjoy the win but don't get your hopes up for the season.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t think Gus did anything wrong with Hill. He didn’t grab his face mask or get super close to his face. He gave him an ass chewing for not executing or maybe pussyfooting around. I know one thing. I bet Hill doesn’t do what he did again, when he goes in next time. I was in the military, so I may have a completely different view of what an ass chewing should look like, but what Gus did didn’t even tip the needle of what inappropriate looked like, IMO.

Agreed brother. My military days shaped a big part of my life and the expectations I put on myself. It was designed to break you down then build you back up by creating a mentality of personal accountability. Ass chewings are good for the soul. I personally like to see Gus get pissed and demand accountability on the spot by whatever means necessary to get the point across. 

1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I can’t speak for the so-called nit pickers but I have been nothing but positive about this win. Now, that being said, I don’t see nit picking. I’ve seen two respected posters, who have extensive football knowledge, share concerns about things that COULD cause issues down the road. Isn’t that what message boards are for? To discuss? They haven’t been hostile or mean and they have legitimate X’s and O’s concerns.

Sorry but Gus hasn’t put himself in a position to earn the benefit of the doubt. Fact is he has lost 4 or more games every single year since his first. Thats not being negative, or mean or hostile...thems the facts folks. From reading through this board and other social media and talking to peers, there were a lot of us Gus doubters who thought we would win this game...including me. So we’re not terribly surprised we won.  We also know the schedule doesn’t let up and the potential for another 4 loss season is definitely still there. 

I’m an armchair QB. I have no coaching experience and never played football. So to me that game really looked fantastic outside of a few frustrating drives. But I rely on posters like @Malcolm_FleX48 and @bigbird to break things down for me. I feel like they did so in a way that didn’t convey negativity or panic but just football stuff. The Gus doubters tend to receive criticism for being negative and surely we can be guilty of that...but its the Gus lovers who consistently attack any negative feedback with more negativity and act as if this message board is supposed to be one giant pep rally every week. I was attacked by someone last night for simply pointing out that there were some who were taking flak for being critical of some things in the game. I wasn’t trying to provoke anything and have done all I can do this week to promote positivity about Gus and get along with folks. I can see both sides of this Gus thing. I do understand why so many want to support him. I think bird does too, and flex and others. It seems its the other side who can only myopically see their side of things and shoot down immediately any negative talk. 

It is a HUGE win, an incredible road win. I’m proud and happy of our team and staff. We’re 4-0, ranked 8th and control our destiny in the SEC. Can’t ask for more, But again, given Gus’s track record, we know there could be issues coming. And pointing that out on a football board should be a normal thing. Instead of attacking those folks as nit pickers, why not have a discussion about the concerns.they bring up? If you see those concerns differently then address them instead of just attacking the messenger. 

I apologize for any of my bad behavior including the use of poor language towards another poster last night. I just don’t understand why someone would try to pick a fight? I’m now hopeful, excited and fired up to see how the rest of this season plays out and I believe even the worst Gus doubters would agree. 

War Eagle friends

I played football never coached and huge fan......I don't agree with everything BB or Malcolm say. However, I respect them as I happen to agree with much more than I disagree.........With that being said I can admit I hate change and that's never a good thing because it allows you to over look things or make excuses to avoid change.....so their input I very much value..........neither have ever been cross and have been interacting with BB since the AUEagle days........In the end we all want what's best for Auburn University.

Y’all know I’m a huge CGM fan and I let it be known (this thread) but if I’m being honest I didn’t expect a win before this game was done. I also see the deficiencies of the team and don’t get bothered when it’s pointed out by others. I’m hoping and praying we can continue to get wins while we sort them out, and I trust CGM and CKS to do just that.

Waaaaaaaaar Eagle 🦅 

26 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

So did Auburn beat a good team Saturday? 

Yes.........TAMU's defense was ranked pretty high nationally...........they had a size advantage at the WR positon and Auburn had a defense that give the Aggie's QB fits........CGM had his team ready to play...........in my opinion.

Also if I am guessing it appears to me CJF has some personal issues....non football related that has him side tracked.......he seems stressed even in interviews win or loose in my opinion.

Archived