Did the Oline have a strong day today?

shabby

33 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Harrel did really well it was Horton that had some issues at times. He also did well at times.

Part of the three and outs is when Gus caught A&M and had open deep balls that were overthrown. When you miss on a deep ball you put the O behind the proverbial 8 ball. Hit one of them and you add 60 yards to your O and open up more running lanes hit two and you have had a pretty good offensive day..

Remember A&M held Clemson to 24 points and that is a darn good offensive team. We scored 28 .  Also when A&M played Clemson Mond was off some was the A&m D but a lot was just on Mond. If A&M hits a few passes Clemson gets the ball fewer times and may not even score 24. We also got a lot of yards from our wide receivers that does count as runs. 

I think there is to much Monday morning quarterbacking going on. You are assuming if he had busted the play back inside it would be a big gain when you bust back inside you have to deal with D-line in addition to Linebackers.

Your first arguement is weak because everyone makes mistakes and good football teams overcome those mistakes and continue making first downs not excuses.  In the 2016 Championship game Watson overthrew three long passes for touchdowns but they continued moving the football for first downs and finished with over 500 yards of total offense we made pretty much the same mistakes and ended with 306 yard total offense

No I am not assuming anything.  Running plays to set up other plays is smart football, smart football, smart football.  Does not mean it will always work.  If it does not work then you could add misdirection or go back to quick pitch but again it is smart football.

There will be a replay of the TAMU game at noon 9/24/19 (tomorrow 😉) on the SEC Channel. I will be looking hard at the O line play and have a good feeling I am really going to like what I see. I love to watch replays of our games except when we lose!

I think our O line proved themselves worthy with how well they did against a talented and tough defensive line that TAMU has. MSU does not have the overall D line talent that TAMU has. I think the O line has a chip on its shoulder and this will be apparent Saturday. I think MSU has less overall team speed than either MSU or Oregon has. I would love nothing more than for us to take MSU to the woodshed early and often Saturday.

I read the other day that Brodarious Hamm is probably the meanest and nastiest O line player we have that enjoys plowing down defenders. He is going to be a really good one.

2 hours ago, Carnell said:

However as soon as gus go the linebackers thinking about the quick pitch he should have busted the running back back inside the tackle box trying to catch the linebackers playing the outside pitch.  But that continues to be gus's problem he runs plays adhoc instead of using plays to set up other plays. 

Why do you think the fake RB handoff, fake QB run, Joey TD pass worked so well ? Gus set up the tendencies on previous plays and they bit.

7 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Why do you think the fake RB handoff, fake QB run, Joey TD pass worked so well ? Gus set up the tendencies on previous plays and they bit.

On the gatewood pass nothing was set up.  We were inside the 5 A&M in goal line situation and stacked the inside.  Anybody could see that the outside was open and made the pass.  That is elementary there was no setup there.  

3 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Heard a lot of griping about the OL coaching.

Who’s ready to give Coach Grimes some credit?!?

For the slightly better play against aTm than we’ve gotten from a senior line that should have absolutely dominated at least 2 of our 4 opponents thus far?  👏 

Not a smarta$$ shot at you by the way, just a little soon to be giving any of them credit imo when it’s been an underachieving group so far. In my view of course. 

13 hours ago, Carnell said:

On the gatewood pass nothing was set up.  We were inside the 5 A&M in goal line situation and stacked the inside.  Anybody could see that the outside was open and made the pass.  That is elementary there was no setup there.  

To be fair IMO that was set up by the fact that Joey had thrown 2 career passes up to that point in 4 games of action

18 hours ago, Carnell said:

So you don't think those prior QB and RB runs had anything to do with the reaction of the TAMU DEs and LBs when Gus sends in the 'running' QB, who fakes a RB run, then fakes a QB run and that 'running' QB passes the ball instead ?  I do and think it was well set up play. We'll just have to disagree on that point.

5 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

So you don't think those prior QB and RB runs had anything to do with the reaction of the TAMU DEs and LBs when Gus sends in the 'running' QB, who fakes a RB run, then fakes a QB run and that 'running' QB passes the ball instead ?  I do and think it was well set up play. We'll just have to disagree on that point.

Not saying it wasnt a good play but that play was an RPO off of the zone read where gatewood attacked the linebacker the linebacker had to decide to cover the zone or attack the quarterback.  That was part of the offense nothing set that up however that play can be used set up other plays.

Archived