Malzahn Miss. State Presser

Auburn Kev

I am going to start a GoFundMe page for the AU football to get some wireless microphones that they can have during these press conferences.  Can someone give me an idea of what the goal should be?  Say $200.  I mean I am sure it is so expensive and that is the only reason they haven't done it yet.  Maybe I should set it to $300.

This coach is on a mission man!

42 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That's the most relaxed presser I've ever seen him do.  Where has this guy been?!

hard not to feel elated based on the state of the team, the way things are going with that complex, him having (supposed) autonomy, etc. 

I think Gus is coaching with a chip on his shoulder and it is rubbing off on the team. I think all of the coordinators and position coaches share this mind set so far this season. I love Steele's aggressiveness with our defense. I do hope we will shut down MSU's QB from taking off and running.

I was just reading on AL.com how GM said they embarrased us last year. The players were saying the same things. This game is in a tugh spot between A&M and UF but there is no way there is a let down. Everyone in that locker room will have one thing on their mind Saturday night. 

45 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I am going to start a GoFundMe page for the AU football to get some wireless microphones that they can have during these press conferences.  Can someone give me an idea of what the goal should be?  Say $200.  I mean I am sure it is so expensive and that is the only reason they haven't done it yet.  Maybe I should set it to $300.

Saving it up for the football-only facility.

23 minutes ago, RHN1975 said:

I was just reading on AL.com how GM said they embarrased us last year. The players were saying the same things. This game is in a tugh spot between A&M and UF but there is no way there is a let down. Everyone in that locker room will have one thing on their mind Saturday night. 

I'm a gambling man.  Lay the points this week.  If this our attitude as a team, -10.5 is a gift.

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm a gambling man.  Lay the points this week.  If this our attitude as a team, -10.5 is a gift.

I agree. GM wants revenge and Jake Driscoll said the same thing. What I would fear as a cowbell fan is this.....

“There's nothing to speak about,” Auburn defensive tackle Derrick Brown said. “You know what happened last year. It's just time to go to work.”

Simple to the point and you know having the D play as bad as they did has them motivated for this weekend. 

I think Gus could beat anyone with the game plan and defense he had for 3 quarters. Keep in mind we probably just played the best run defense we’ll see in the SEC. The only thing I see stopping our progress is that deep passing game. We COULD nickel and dime UA/LSU, but I don’t quite think Gus has that in his play sheet (unless it’s time to save his job against 2018 A&M) 

1 hour ago, RHN1975 said:

I agree. GM wants revenge and Jake Driscoll said the same thing. What I would fear as a cowbell fan is this.....

“There's nothing to speak about,” Auburn defensive tackle Derrick Brown said. “You know what happened last year. It's just time to go to work.”

Simple to the point and you know having the D play as bad as they did has them motivated for this weekend. 

That MSU game is gonna be worse than the 2017 game is the deep ball is on. That was probably a bottom 5 loss for Gus when you consider the second chance at the playoffs he was given by others losing. And they got curb stomped by basically a 2019 version of his 2013 offense, except 20x less talented. The defense might be enough to get us 10 points

Has Gus broke out of his bad mojo shell?  He seems rejuvenated.  He may have just needed a confidence boost from a calling plays standpoint.  The game plan was perfect and executed at a high level this weekend.  We talk about coaching.  Heck, he was coaching the media just now.  I liked what I heard about Dilly. Much to like in this presser.  

Archived