Mississippi State Postgame Thread

ToraGirl

59 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

My biggest complaint...

Another dang work week between me and watching this team play again!  

Man its gonna be a long one!

I've been working 12 hour shifts for the last 6/7 years.....I really don't care about the weekends, the 14 out 16 day rotation sucked though

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I hate poor officiating ("hate" is probably not a strong enough word TBH).  However, I believe the Tigers benefitted from 1 officiating miss.  Later in the game, there was a play that ended in offsetting penalties. The Tiger penalty was on one of the DB's (can't remember the player) was called as personal foul/late hit but replay showed it was dangerously close to targeting.  Luckily it wasn't reviewed (again, poor officiating *this time from the replay booth*).

Auburn needs all hands on deck for all 4 qtrs this week!

i got gas money and some hoobie. come pick me up and we WIll straighten this mess up or get high and throw cheeto's and laugh at 'em............yes i am the doode your parents warned ya about.......lol

54 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I've been working 12 hour shifts for the last 6/7 years.....I really don't care about the weekends, the 14 out 16 day rotation sucked though

Are you in the healthcare industry?  For some reason I thought you were in something else when we talked about your studies in PM’s last year.  

This team played an awesome game. Yes, we fumbled far too many times and could have scored on some of those drives. Overall, a great game for this team and I hope it carries over to Florida & LSU. We win both of those games, and we will be in business big time.

Where are Matt Hill and Shadrick Jackson? I think Jackson maybe injured, but if Hill is playing much, I must have missed him.

27 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Are you in the healthcare industry?  For some reason I thought you were in something else when we talked about your studies in PM’s last year.  

Nah I'm in the nuclear industry

We’ve got to get Derick Hall healthy. We are really missing someone with some serious twitch coming off the edge to get to the QB. Big Kat is solid against the run but can’t get home on the pass, same for Moultry. We’ve got to develop someone that can come off the edge and go sack the QB. That’s all we are missing on Defense. 

1 minute ago, AUinGA44 said:

We’ve got to get Derick Hall healthy. We are really missing someone with some serious twitch coming off the edge to get to the QB. Big Kat is solid against the run but can’t get home on the pass, same for Moultry. We’ve got to develop someone that can come off the edge and go sack the QB. That’s all we are missing on Defense. 

They also need to be more discipline on the line. Can have all the talent in the world but the continuous off sides is a killer. Just basic football moments. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

The best part was the announcers and the ref in a booth talking about how the video clearly showed him down and that it will be overturned.

And what will the SEC do about it? Absolutely nothing!

15 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Wonder if it was the same crappy crew that gave MS a TD last year when the review shows the Qb was short?

I imagine we will get the crew from last year's LSU game who were extremely trigger happy with calling PI's. They seem to do the game of the week in the sec now. Sad that they are the number 1 crew in the conference.

2 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Where are Matt Hill and Shadrick Jackson? I think Jackson maybe injured, but if Hill is playing much, I must have missed him.

Hill got burn when Seth couldn’t run. Shedrick got a few plays from what I remember during the two game home stretch 

The one player I didn't see was Harold Joiner. That surprised me as he had been starting to get more touches and looked good when he got them. He has the size and speed to be real matchup issue coming out of the backfield. The way Boobie is improving and with DJ getting healthy it will be harder for other RB's to get touches.

8 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

He has the size and speed to be real matchup issue coming out of the backfield.

Not sure what Gus has in mind for his role, but I noticed it seems like J. Jay is playing more each game also.

14 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Not sure what Gus has in mind for his role, but I noticed it seems like J. Jay is playing more each game also.

You could be right as both fit that role. If that is the case with Jay gone next year then Joiner might get more touches.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:
4 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Hill got burn when Seth couldn’t run. Shedrick got a few plays from what I remember during the two game home stretch 

I believe Hill was a KO Returner.

Also, unless I heard Andy & Stan wrong, even though Gus famously chewed the crap out of him last week he was given a "helmet sticker" for his ST work.

War Damn Eagle!

Wooooooooooooooo Booooooooooo!!!

@Dual-Threat Rigby watch out we’re connecting on some deep balls!!!

Only got to watch the first half on the boat but man I thank the team for putting my mind at rest by then!

Boobee should really benefit from the lessened load. His second effort at times where it’s needed the most is awesome; not a breakout runner but like Ben Tate he gets the job done and he a has a nose for the end zone once we’re within the 10. He does something right in the wildcat for sure!

Check the reps in the rushing stats. Talk about distribution of carries. 7 for Bo, 10 for Boobee, 7 for DJ, 8 for Kam, 3 for Schwartz, 4 for Shiv, 1 for Stove, 1 for Malik, and 2 for Gate. 45 total carries and 200 yards. There were times where we’d have that same number of carries and yards but only have one back roaring it. Who would have thought “not a running threat at this level” Bo would out gain Boobee lol.

WE PASSED FOR 360 FREAKING YARDS. I’ve wanted this so much. Everything is easier for Gus when two things are true. One, the quarterback makes the read option viable. Two, the deep threat is present and prevents a loaded box.

People are going to notice Bo’s favorite target is Seth. But how can you not pay attention to the FASTEST KID IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL. Seeing him actually get a pass was rejuvenating; I didn’t want him to just be a speed sweep guy. How the heck did he not stay in bounds though? C’mon man!

SETH HAD 160 FREAKING YARDS. When is the last time an Auburn receiver did that!?!? On only 8 catches no less! Some of y’all would die if you had to jog 160 yards lol. Multiple touchdowns too!

The Shiv fumble was bad. Didn’t see Malik’s fumble. Seth’s “fumble” should be chocked up as a pity call for the mutts.

Sad I missed my dude DJ running the ball. Glad JG got to throw the ball 3 times. I was actually surprised Bo was still in a few drives after it was 49 to 9.

Bra-freaking-vo to Gus for standing on the gas like it owed him money. The mutts can kick rocks and I’m telling y’all the verdict is still out on Moorehead. People are going to realize just how much Dan Mullen did to make that loser-vile town even slightly relevant. Their freshman backup is better than the starter and I don’t think it’s close. Example of a coach starting the senior because of experience/seniority. Also, what a crap teammate the senior appeared to be on the sideline. He looked whiney and self-pittying. He didn’t really seem to be cheering his backup on and talking with him in between drives.

It’s interesting our sacks came from Britt and Dinson. Though, their qb was illusive and our DL’s collars got stretched out more than Stretch Armstrong.

What a secondary! McCreary has come out of nowhere to be a solid corner for us! IGGY DIDN’T RECORD ANY STATS and that’s not because he didn’t play well. They weren’t even throwing his way. Dinson has been lights out and so has Thomas. Marlon Davidson has a high motor my guys! Reminds me of a younger Jared Allen as far as effort.

Not sure how Tutt is in coverage but man he brings the heat when he hits and when he returns. IMAGINE IF HE EVER GETS AN INTERCEPTION! Opponents better be ready for one hell of a time tackling him if he gets that pick!

I would always like our leading rusher to have 100 yards but I’ll accept 3 touchdowns from Boobee as collateral.

Farrar caught a pass? Dope.

Can’t tell you how happy I was to see multiple slants. Slants lend themselves to RAC especially with our speed.

Also, I pretty much exclusively watch football at home. Not really a sports bar kind of guy. Didn’t realize most people don’t know Boobee and it’s a little weird when you keep screaming “THAT’S IT! GO BOOBEE GO!” Still didn’t realize it until an embarrassed wife finally whispered in my ear. Ain’t calling him Ja’Tarvious every time he busts a good run lol.

Sorry for the long post but I missed the fun on here. Very proud of this team. My wife, a Florida fan, is now feeling less pleased about going to the game next week (she may have talked a lot of smack during the preseason and after weeks 1-2).

War Damn Eagle. Damn good play calling Gus. Bo Nix, I’m praying for your good health so we can watch your star grow to it’s full potential. Next year’s OL still scares me but right now I’m a believer! We shall see.

11 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

Wonder if it was the same crappy crew that gave MS a TD last year when the review shows the Qb was short?

The very same crew.....either they are inept or hold bias....like most officials, most likely both, not to mention corrupt

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

War Damn Eagle!

Wooooooooooooooo Booooooooooo!!!

@Dual-Threat Rigby watch out we’re connecting on some deep balls!!!

Only got to watch the first half on the boat but man I thank the team for putting my mind at rest by then!

Boobee should really benefit from the lessened load. His second effort at times where it’s needed the most is awesome; not a breakout runner but like Ben Tate he gets the job done and he a has a nose for the end zone once we’re within the 10. He does something right in the wildcat for sure!

Check the reps in the rushing stats. Talk about distribution of carries. 7 for Bo, 10 for Boobee, 7 for DJ, 8 for Kam, 3 for Schwartz, 4 for Shiv, 1 for Stove, 1 for Malik, and 2 for Gate. 45 total carries and 200 yards. There were times where we’d have that same number of carries and yards but only have one back roaring it. Who would have thought “not a running threat at this level” Bo would out gain Boobee lol.

WE PASSED FOR 360 FREAKING YARDS. I’ve wanted this so much. Everything is easier for Gus when two things are true. One, the quarterback makes the read option viable. Two, the deep threat is present and prevents a loaded box.

People are going to notice Bo’s favorite target is Seth. But how can you not pay attention to the FASTEST KID IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL. Seeing him actually get a pass was rejuvenating; I didn’t want him to just be a speed sweep guy. How the heck did he not stay in bounds though? C’mon man!

SETH HAD 160 FREAKING YARDS. When is the last time an Auburn receiver did that!?!? On only 8 catches no less! Some of y’all would die if you had to jog 160 yards lol. Multiple touchdowns too!

The Shiv fumble was bad. Didn’t see Malik’s fumble. Seth’s “fumble” should be chocked up as a pity call for the mutts.

Sad I missed my dude DJ running the ball. Glad JG got to throw the ball 3 times. I was actually surprised Bo was still in a few drives after it was 49 to 9.

Bra-freaking-vo to Gus for standing on the gas like it owed him money. The mutts can kick rocks and I’m telling y’all the verdict is still out on Moorehead. People are going to realize just how much Dan Mullen did to make that loser-vile town even slightly relevant. Their freshman backup is better than the starter and I don’t think it’s close. Example of a coach starting the senior because of experience/seniority. Also, what a crap teammate the senior appeared to be on the sideline. He looked whiney and self-pittying. He didn’t really seem to be cheering his backup on and talking with him in between drives.

It’s interesting our sacks came from Britt and Dinson. Though, their qb was illusive and our DL’s collars got stretched out more than Stretch Armstrong.

What a secondary! McCreary has come out of nowhere to be a solid corner for us! IGGY DIDN’T RECORD ANY STATS and that’s not because he didn’t play well. They weren’t even throwing his way. Dinson has been lights out and so has Thomas. Marlon Davidson has a high motor my guys! Reminds me of a younger Jared Allen as far as effort.

Not sure how Tutt is in coverage but man he brings the heat when he hits and when he returns. IMAGINE IF HE EVER GETS AN INTERCEPTION! Opponents better be ready for one hell of a time tackling him if he gets that pick!

I would always like our leading rusher to have 100 yards but I’ll accept 3 touchdowns from Boobee as collateral.

Farrar caught a pass? Dope.

Can’t tell you how happy I was to see multiple slants. Slants lend themselves to RAC especially with our speed.

Also, I pretty much exclusively watch football at home. Not really a sports bar kind of guy. Didn’t realize most people don’t know Boobee and it’s a little weird when you keep screaming “THAT’S IT! GO BOOBEE GO!” Still didn’t realize it until an embarrassed wife finally whispered in my ear. Ain’t calling him Ja’Tarvious every time he busts a good run lol.

Sorry for the long post but I missed the fun on here. Very proud of this team. My wife, a Florida fan, is now feeling less pleased about going to the game next week (she may have talked a lot of smack during the preseason and after weeks 1-2).

War Damn Eagle. Damn good play calling Gus. Bo Nix, I’m praying for your good health so we can watch your star grow to it’s full potential. Next year’s OL still scares me but right now I’m a believer! We shall see.

Gus is having his best year playcalling, all things considered

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Gus is having his best year playcalling, all things considered

Thought of you each time Bo connected on a deep ball lol. Needs to get it out in front of the receivers a little more but he’s progressing. 

So, my husband heard from a bulldog fan that 4 of MSU's "best" defensive players were not playing for our game. The story is that they were all 4 caught cheating on their exams and MSU decided on their own to suspend them from half the games. They chose their cupcake games and the games that they didn't think they could win. Evidently, they held them out for the Auburn game, because they didn't think they would win it. Has anyone else heard this story? I hope it really wasn't their best players.  I still think we would have put a lickin' on them, but wonder if those players would have given us any trouble.

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

So, my husband heard from a bulldog fan that 4 of MSU's "best" defensive players were not playing for our game. The story is that they were all 4 caught cheating on their exams and MSU decided on their own to suspend them from half the games. They chose their cupcake games and the games that they didn't think they could win. Evidently, they held them out for the Auburn game, because they didn't think they would win it. Has anyone else heard this story? I hope it really wasn't their best players.  I still think we would have put a lickin' on them, but wonder if those players would have given us any trouble.

This was posted in the game thread. 

8B834F20-2194-4339-9E0C-64E5C0E4D1E1.png

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

This was posted in the game thread. 

8B834F20-2194-4339-9E0C-64E5C0E4D1E1.png

Sure, let’s say they save them from giving up two touchdowns. Still an *** whooping lol.

Archived