Mississippi State Postgame Thread

ToraGirl

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said last week after the A&M game... if Bo Nix starts hitting the deep throws the ceiling for this offense is incredibly high. I Haven’t been this excited about an Auburn offense since the NM era. 

On another note, did Shedrick Jackson play? I know he was dressed out but don’t remember hearing his name. I heard he’s our best perimeter blocker

I’ve been against Gus since 2015 if not earlier. I’m not a CGM fan at all, but we looked the part of a top 5 team tonight. Hope we continue to improve. Anyone else notice we didn’t run it up the middle after big plays? 
WDE!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW THAT WAS A FREAKING W BAAAAAAAAAY BAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First time I have actually enjoyed Auburn play offense against a SEC opponent since Amen Corner in 2017!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!! Lets do that again next week. WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!! 

You back on the bus, g-willi? :D 

1 minute ago, triangletiger said:

You back on the bus, g-willi? :D 

lol I addressed this last week. I DO NOT trust Gus. And I will not trust Gus until at least 3 straight 10 win seasons. I GOT BURNED SO BADLY from 2017 when he pump faked me in to the stands and I crashed in to a family of 6 eating their popcorn and spilled it everywhere!!! haha. He made me look like boo boo the fool!!!!!! I still have scars from that!!! hahahaha.

4 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

College Game Day going to be in Gainesville next weekend

I'll tell you what I really liked about tonight's game plan. Those throws over the middle. Did we even try a screen pass? This was a statement game and wow did we ever make it loud and clear! All we needed was another TD and my score prediction would have been spot on! War Eagle and IGTBAAT!

Gotta admit, what I'm seeing on offense is very, very encouraging.  Proud of the whole team , including Gus. This is the Gus alot of us have been waiting to see come out of his shell. The atmosphere in Jordan Hare was electric tonight so I have to give the whole Auburn Family props for this win. Just keep building a week at a time. Starting to get a good feeling about this bunch. Wde

I hope Coe gets to full speed soon.

Can anyone tell me what the right wing (think it's Nigh) is doing on extra points?

Nice home SEC win to keep the improvement going.

Ok...what a game. I don't remember us scoring 21 points as quickly or easily as that ( maybe the Music City bowl?) First...my worries:

1 .Fumbles-We have to hold the ball. Seth's was not a fumble. The rest were awful. I knew Bo was about to be stripped. I think every RB put it on the turf but DJ.

2.- lack of interceptions. We can't drop interceptions that hit our DBs in the numbers or hands. We will need those. I am hoping they get all the drops out of their system  

3.- Our edge rush- BK Bryant is not able to bog down and make the play. It is inspiring to see him getting back there some, but man make the play!!! I have seen improvement as a whole from our Pass Rush from the entire unit though. 

4.-Depth. I think we have depth in some places, but we can't afford injuries. 

5.-Busted coverage. There are a couple times each game the WR get behind us, but the QB misses. I guess as long as they continue to miss it won't hurt us but Mr Tua and Mr. Burrow may make us pay. We need to tighten that up. 

These are really my only major concerns. There aren't many, but they are major. Now...here are the reasons why I think this season could be special. 

1. - Offensive line improving. I was really concerned but they are looking much better. Still some issues, but they have already shown more than I expected. I also think Gus has learned how to play-call to this OL's strengths by pulling and exposing the perimeter. 

2.- Gus play-calling. I know everybody says that really isn't anything new, but what I am seeing this year is different. So if he was really calling plays the past 3 years, I like the changes he has made. He is playing to our strengths. He is being aggressive. I have spotted guys going across the middle multiple times on passing routes past 2 games!!!!!

3.- Bo knows - Bo has finally hit that elusive bomb and WATCH OUT  WORLD because He is coming. Bo looked out of this world tonight. He made some DIME throws. I mean Dimes. I think he had 7 incomplete passes, and I know one was a free play shot, 2 were throw aways, 2 were drops that could've been caught. Bo also looks great with the ZR and also just elusiveness in the pocket. He reminds me of Chris Leak. Chris leak was a Pocket passer by nature, but he had an ability to just miss that rush, duck out but always eyes down field. Bo is special. I don't know that he will ever let up now. He will still make mistakes of course, but just watch out. 

4.- Seth WIlliams, Flash and Co.....S. Williams...need I say more. May be the best overall WR we have had in a decade. Just a freak. Flash...feed him...throw to him...6-10 touches and he will score every game I have no doubt. I am also ready to give most improved player to Sal Canella, Sal's blocking ability on the outside is good, and he is making some plays. I do not believe he has dropped a ball this season. He will make a game changing play in a big game. 

5.- Defensive front- we all know about the D-line...but man...I love our LBS....all 4 guys we use....Britt gives me nightmares...Owen will be a FAA, or at least FASEC. Wooten and McClain are playing good. 

6.- Secondary...I know I mention in my concerns about dropping interceptions and getting beat deep, but I am also impressed with the way they are playing and tackling in space. I like the way CKS is calling the DEF and I think they are good enough to keep us in any game. 

7.- DJ WIlliams...I know he isn't even in the 1st 4 guys coming out, but we got a glimpse tonight. I was impressed. This kid's touches will increase, and he will be a key component down the stretch. He is a bigger Dyer, and maybe faster. I like him alot. 

There are many more that I have not mention...but So far my MVP of the season thus far goes to Coach Malzahn. I am inspired with how this team is playing and they love him. I was skeptical of "his play-calling" even the first couple of games, but I think Gus is doing fabulous. I think he is regaining confidence. I like what I am seeing

I am not saying we win a natty, the SEC, or the West for that matter. Don't twist my words...but I believe we have a special team and I believe with everything that by season's end the majority of us will have seen a product on the field that has made us proud. IGTBAAT...War DAMN Eagle. 

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

1 .Fumbles-We have to hold the ball. Seth's was not a fumble. The rest were awful. I knew Bo was about to be stripped. I think every RB put it on the turf but DJ.

2.- lack of interceptions. We can't drop interceptions that hit our DBs in the numbers or hands. We will need those. I am hoping they get all the drops out of their system  

3.- Our edge rush- BK Bryant is not able to bog down and make the play. It is inspiring to see him getting back there some, but man make the play!!! I have seen improvement as a whole from our Pass Rush from the entire unit though. 

4.-Depth. I think we have depth in some places, but we can't afford injuries. 

5.-Busted coverage. There are a couple times each game the WR get behind us, but the QB misses. I guess as long as they continue to miss it won't hurt us but Mr Tua and Mr. Burrow may make us pay. We need to tighten that up. 

Nail Meet Hammer Pictures, Images & Photos | Photobucket

2 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Oh, they’ll be the “fumbles”crowd and the “Joey didn’t get to play enough” crowd. Some of our AU brethren will manage a way to not enjoy this somehow. :) 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Or people who want their favorite players to get more PT, touches , blah, blah. You can’t make everyone happy. I am just enjoying this damn game.

I have to imagine the players are too. 

Nope, so far you two are the only ones bringing negativity to the thread....

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I said last week after the A&M game... if Bo Nix starts hitting the deep throws the ceiling for this offense is incredibly high. I Haven’t been this excited about an Auburn offense since the NM era. 

On another note, did Shedrick Jackson play? I know he was dressed out but don’t remember hearing his name. I heard he’s our best perimeter blocker

I agree. I ceiling is high. I don't recall ever seeing him. I pay pretty close attention to who is on the field on OFF and DEF, not too much on special teams. 

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

I'll tell you what I really liked about tonight's game plan. Those throws over the middle. Did we even try a screen pass? This was a statement game and wow did we ever make it loud and clear! All we needed was another TD and my score prediction would have been spot on! War Eagle and IGTBAAT!

YEs. I have been noticing routes across the middle the past few weeks. We haven't always targeted them, but they are there and they are proof CGM is trying to evolve and IMO is succeeding in doing so. 

That throw to S. Williams early in the game where he hit him on a about 20-25 yard crossing route.....that was a dime throw. He sun that sucker. I could hear it whistling!

Archived