5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

I agree to an extent, but the only other 2020 recruit he's put in a CB for is Chris Moore, and he was actually the first one to pick AU with him. 

In fact, Marcello hasn't missed on a guy he's CB'd to Auburn Basketball in his career yet...

Well by GOLLY that statistic better not change now!!! hahaha. OK OK touche BM on Chris Moore. He is well sourced in Arkansas with him being from there so I will give him the credit on that one. 

I think Neihbur is starting to figure out rather quickly he would endear himself a lot more to AU fans if he would get more contacts in AU BBALL crutin!!! That is the sport we are most craving and want the crutin scoop most on these days!!!! It is more exciting and has more upside for AU than fball crutin.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what JG said to a 247 reporter back in Jan 

Jalen Green, a 5-star combo guard for Prolific Prep in Napa, California, denied the rumors that he was considering skipping school and going pro.

"I've been seeing that, and I want to let everyone know that, that is not an option," 

But we all know how that can change in an instant with young guys

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

This is what JG said to a 247 reporter back in Jan 

Jalen Green, a 5-star combo guard for Prolific Prep in Napa, California, denied the rumors that he was considering skipping school and going pro.

"I've been seeing that, and I want to let everyone know that, that is not an option," 

But we all know how that can change in an instant with young guys

I would hope after RJ Hampton got hurt. Was coming off the bench anyways before he got hurt and slid down the draft board THAT THE OVERSEAS OPTION WOULD TOTALLY BE OFF THE TABLE!!!!!!! After Zion these kids should know playing in college 1 year and keeping your names on the tip of everyones tongue is the way to go. You are able to grow your own personal brand. Cannot do that in Australia or wherever.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I would hope after RJ Hampton got hurt. Was coming off the bench anyways before he got hurt and slid down the draft board THAT THE OVERSEAS OPTION WOULD TOTALLY BE OFF THE TABLE!!!!!!! After Zion these kids should know playing in college 1 year and keeping your names on the tip of everyones tongue is the way to go. You are able to grow your own personal brand. Cannot do that in Australia or wherever.

Well I will say that I’m glad to see some non AU guys say auburn or overseas. I’m growing tired of Memphis lol

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Well I will say that I’m glad to see some non AU guys say auburn or overseas. I’m growing tired of Memphis lol

Well Greg Brown got a crystal ball to Memphis last night. SO KEEP THAT FIRE BURNING FOR THEM!!!! lol. But I would actually be a lot more upset and just gutted and distraught if we were his top college choice and he bounces overseas. That would hurt like helllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Well Greg Brown got a crystal ball to Memphis last night. SO KEEP THAT FIRE BURNING FOR THEM!!!! lol. But I would actually be a lot more upset and just gutted and distraught if we were his top college choice and he bounces overseas. That would hurt like helllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be our luck, and we know it lol. Here’s to hoping things are in our favor on this one fam!

That would be our luck, and we know it lol. Here’s to hoping things are in our favor on this one fam!

LIKE COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED SOMETHING TO GO OUR WAY!!! PLEAAAAAAAASEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! hahahahaa.

And every one not AU is saying “college is a waste of time for him, go overseas”. Let us have this one damnit! Lol

WAS IT A WASTE A TIME FOR ZION?!?! NOOOOOO!!!! IT HELPED HIS BRAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LIKE BY A LOT!!! Everyone forgets by now and acts like O Zion was this slam dunk always going to be number 1 draft choice. NO. NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! That was his teammate RJ Barrett. Zion was known just as that dunker guy. Until he got to Duke and everyone saw he was way more than just that! lol. THAT is when people finally started to say he was going to be the number 1 draft pick. His 2 teammates were ranked HIGHER than him in the crutin rankings!!! lmao

https://247sports.com/Player/Zion-Williamson-85997/high-school-151221/

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings/

14 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

And every one not AU is saying “college is a waste of time for him, go overseas”. Let us have this one damnit! Lol

Which I don't get because college is the perfect opportunity to grow your brand. Look at Zion, Ja Morant, Lonzo, RJ Barrett, Trae Young, Karl Anthony Towns, Collin Sexton, Cam Reddish, Naz Reid, Tyler Herro.... Name me the players that went the overseas route and are playing big minutes in the NBA right now.

I can give you Terrance Ferguson and Brandon Jennings, and I guaratnee you that you haven't heard nearly as much about those guys as you have the guys I listed above them.

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

that's my guy! yoda is rarely wrong and hes a ATL guy

I see from his twitter He is close with RJ Hampton........ I hope he hated his experience in Australia and is relaying that message to other kids!!! lol.

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

bahahaha good to see Gene is still alive and well. 

23 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think for 99% of guys the college route is preferable, but for guys like RJ Hampton, Darius Bazley and Lamelo Ball, I think those are 3 NBA guys that were made better through the development overseas ball gives you. That might mean more to them than expanding their brand 

None of those guys are in the league yet, though, and we don't know how they'll do.

Current superstars of the league (Not in order):

Kawhi Leonard - College

Lebron James

Anthony Davis - College

Damien Lillard - College

Russell Westbrook - College

Nikola Jokic 

Chris Paul - College

James Harden

Blake Griffin - College

Paul George - College

Luka Doncic

Karl Anthony Towns - College

Ben Simmons - College

Steph Curry - College

Klay Thompson - College

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Kyrie Irving - College

Kevin Durant - College

Jason Tatum - College

Andre Drummond - College

Draymond Green - College

Kemba Walker - College

Devin Booker - College

Jimmy Butler - College

Donovan Mitchell - College

Pascal Siakim - College

Brandon Ingram - College

Rudy Gobert - College

Khris Middleton - College

Bam Adebayo - College

Kyle Lowery - College

Domantis Sabonis - College

See a theme? Almost every single all star from 2020 or generally agreed upon NBA superstar went to college, not overseas and not directly to the NBA. The ones who didn't are either old enough to have been through the draft when you could go straight from high school at 18, or were from another country. Everyone else went to college. 

Wanna be an NBA All Star? Go to college.

8 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

None of those guys are in the league yet, though, and we don't know how they'll do.

Kawhi Leonard - College

Lebron James

Anthony Davis - College

Damien Lillard - College

Nikola Jokic 

Chris Paul - College

James Harden

Blake Griffin - College

Paul George - College

Luka Doncic

Ben Simmons - College

Steph Curry - College

Klay Thompson - College

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Kyrie Irving - College

Kevin Durant - College

Jason Tatum - College

Andre Drummond - College

Draymond Green - College

Kemba Walker - College

Devin Booker - College

Jimmy Butler - College

Pascal Siakim - College

Brandon Ingram - College

Rudy Gobert - College

Bam Adebayo - College

Kyle Lowery - College

See a theme? Almost every single all star from 2020 or generally agreed upon NBA superstar went to college, not overseas and not directly to the NBA. The ones who didn't are either old enough to have been through the draft when you could go straight from high school at 18, or were from another country. Everyone else went to college. 

This is more so because college has been the status quo I think it will continue to be but you can’t look at this list and come to the conclusion college has been a major impact on these players becoming stars. There stars because there elite they would’ve most likely ended up there regardless of if they went to college or the pro route. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol that is NOT what he said when he posted on the AU board. I don't like that even after Jalen came out a few weeks ago and said he was going to college that basically people who do this for a living and in the business are saying we do not believe you.

so meyers said "there is likely a chance he still goes pro" which is getting conflated to "he is likely going pro" across message boards. meyers is still saying auburn is where he thinks he ends up but going pro isnt ruled out. (says jalen green situation might be like thon maker tifwiw)

Of course all the Memphis people: “it’s only one guy” (talking about JG and AU) actually it’s not lol, and 
“ I heard this morning that he was coming to Memphis” lol recruiting 

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Kawhi Leonard - College

Lebron James

Anthony Davis - College

Damien Lillard - College

Nikola Jokic 

Chris Paul - College

James Harden

Blake Griffin - College

Paul George - College

Luka Doncic

Ben Simmons - College

Steph Curry - College

Klay Thompson - College

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Kyrie Irving - College

Kevin Durant - College

Jason Tatum - College

Andre Drummond - College

Draymond Green - College

Kemba Walker - College

Devin Booker - College

Jimmy Butler - College

Pascal Siakim - College

Brandon Ingram - College

Rudy Gobert - College

Bam Adebayo - College

Kyle Lowery - College

I don't understand the point really....Yes we're in a spot in the timeline where players are forced to go to college so if you run ANY demographic you can say they went to college....If you said who all suck? Go to college. Who is all average go to college. Who drinks Gatorade? Go to college. 

Harden went to college to btw. What it really seems like is if you want to be a generational talent don't go to college

The 2 most recent cases are 2 fold. Lamelo Ball killed it in his 12 games overseas before he got hurt averaging 17,7 and 7. He's going to be a top 3 pick. He tremendously improved his stock. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/international/players/lamelo-ball-1.html

RJ Hampton on the other hand in his 15 games before he got hurt overseas was coming off the bench. Only playing 20 minutes per game and averaging 8,4 and 2. His stock has fallen and he has slid down draft boards. There's always risks. If you go to college I don't see any case where he would ever come off the bench like if you go overseas to play professionally.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/international/players/rj-hampton-1.html

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't understand the point really....Yes we're in a spot in the timeline where players are forced to go to college so if you run ANY demographic you can say they went to college....If you said who all suck? Go to college. Who is all average go to college. Who drinks Gatorade? Go to college. 

Harden went to college to btw. What it really seems like is if you want to be a generational talent don't go to college

The point is, the American players who HAVE gone the route of playing overseas have not had much success in the NBA thus far. All the rookies that are from the states that are having success in the NBA are guys who went to college. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The 2 most recent cases are 2 fold. Lamelo Ball killed it in his 12 games overseas before he got hurt averaging 17,7 and 7. He's going to be a top 3 pick. He tremendously improved his stock. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/international/players/lamelo-ball-1.html

RJ Hampton on the other hand in his 15 games before he got hurt overseas was coming off the bench. Only playing 20 minutes per game and averaging 8,4 and 2. His stock has fallen and he has slid down draft boards. There's always risks. If you go to college I don't see any case where he would ever come off the bench like if you go overseas to play professionally.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/international/players/rj-hampton-1.html

I was looking at some euro league averages, old posts and at the start of the decade (2010) teams had average ages ranging from 24-30+. So a lot more basketball experience under these guys belts than college (some of the time). Not only can you grow your brand, but you’re also not out of your comfort zone (out of the the country) and you also get experience against solid competition without being overwhelmed. You get used to the limelight, and handling pressure and that helps when going to the next level. Some will ball out wherever they go, they’re just that talented and JG is probably one of those guys. However, given the current format I think college is the best bet for a lot of these players

Archived