5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

16 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Isn't the McDonald's game sometime around the first of April?  You don't think he will wait until after or during that game do you? 

The McDAAG is April 1st. He might wait until then. He’s just said in some recent (within the last month or so) interviews that he’d announce soon after his HS season ends. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It probably won't get marketed right or the story may get spun but melo showed how the super talented players don't need college one bit, colleges get all the benefits of the system that's in place now. I've been saying this for a while. Hell I've even been telling @Tiger about Ball a LONG time ago. And if he could've played here and had made a decision to do that he would've influenced so many other players to want to come here and also we would be must see TV when he plays.

My point is it's only a small amount of players that can do so but if you are that type of player you generate so much money it's only common sense that those type of guys think outside of the box. I don't think jalen green is that type of player though

39 minutes ago, cole256 said:

My point is it's only a small amount of players that can do so but if you are that type of player you generate so much money it's only common sense that those type of guys think outside of the box. I don't think jalen green is that type of player though

I agree with what you say but my concern is where is the cutoff?  I would be concerned about the guys who get bad advice or make a bet on themselves and are not ready for even the G-League.  I would be worried with those kids.  Maybe the draft grades could be very specific for high school kids saying whether to enter or not, or even making it a competition saying only the top 5 high school players are eligible to declare directly into the draft.  The rest of the high school kids must go through college.

7 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

More CBs to Auburn for Jalen Green. 

Auburn now has 60% of the crystal balls for Green. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Green-46036198/

Most of the ones that are not Auburn are old and don't mean much now.

On 2/19/2020 at 11:51 AM, cole256 said:

It probably won't get marketed right or the story may get spun but melo showed how the super talented players don't need college one bit, colleges get all the benefits of the system that's in place now. I've been saying this for a while. Hell I've even been telling @Tiger about Ball a LONG time ago. And if he could've played here and had made a decision to do that he would've influenced so many other players to want to come here and also we would be must see TV when he plays.

Playing devil’s advocate here: if Melo had played in college, would he benefit more in exposure and endorsements than playing overseas? Does Zion get the same hype and exposure if he goes overseas instead of playing at Duke for a year? I don’t know the answer to that. Just curious on your thoughts. I do see the value in playing overseas, but I also think there’s value in playing in college in the US for a year too. 

2 hours ago, boomstick said:

Playing devil’s advocate here: if Melo had played in college, would he benefit more in exposure and endorsements than playing overseas? Does Zion get the same hype and exposure if he goes overseas instead of playing at Duke for a year? I don’t know the answer to that. Just curious on your thoughts. I do see the value in playing overseas, but I also think there’s value in playing in college in the US for a year too. 

Zion was a household name while he was in high school, and mello is one of the most watched athletes ever. People literally watched him grow up. No I don't think there will be ANY difference as far as marketing him. In fact he has already made more money than some guys who's been in the league for 3 years. Not playing college didn't hurt KG, LeBron or Kobe either as far as marketing. Melo was leading a generation of youth while he was still in middle school, he made that Mohawk and stuff come back. He will be able to influence fashion and all of that. 

These guys were stars long before college fans heard about them

Behind the Crystal Ball: 5-star guard Jalen Green

VIP  ByKEITH NIEBUHR 43 minutes ago 

Share5 Comments

Friday morning, I logged a Crystal Ball pick to Auburn for 5-star combo guard Jalen Green of Napa (Calif.) Prolific Prep. At this...

I wish the NCAA would send the NOA already. Keith says what Jalen thinks will be AU's future next year with the NCAA will impact his decision.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I wish the NCAA would send the NOA already. Keith says what Jalen thinks will be AU's future next year with the NCAA will impact his decision.

Well Memphis is his other finalist lol. Sooooo........

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

...but so is overseas, right?

Supposedly it's just down to which college but that was supposedly the case with another prospect that decided to go pro over college in the past year or 2.

8 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

...but so is overseas, right?

Per an article in mid-January....

“I’ve been seeing that, and I want to let everyone know that, that is not an option,” Green said about going pro. “I’m considering college only. I’ve been looking at things saying I’m going pro, but that’s not the case, I am going to college.”

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

Per an article in mid-January....

“I’ve been seeing that, and I want to let everyone know that, that is not an option,” Green said about going pro. “I’m considering college only. I’ve been looking at things saying I’m going pro, but that’s not the case, I am going to college.”

I can't remember the name but another recruit said the same exact thing a year or 2 ago but ended up going pro anyway instead of college. We can't rule out the pro option til Green commits to AU or recruiting reporters get info from sources close to the sitch saying pro is indeed off the table.

ETA: The recruit was Thon Maker.

On 2/22/2020 at 7:40 PM, ellitor said:

I saw your comment on the rant. I just want to say I did not take what KN said as Jalen thinks or has gotten any indication that we will get hit with sanctions that will bar us from post season play next season. I took it as It was just a general concern with what penalties we will get hit with and just to make sure we will make the Big Dance next season. No school when the FBI ish hit the fan went to greater lengths to comply with the NCAA than we did. That is where having Rich Mcglynn helped us. If we get hit with anything other than a slap on the wrist after we sat out not 1 but TWO GUYS a whole season and to boot 1 of those players had to miss a additional 9 games the following year it would be a absolute slap in the face and one of the most egregious decisions the NCAA has ever made. BUT I mean the NCAA has never been fair..... but after seeing South Carolina's penalties I am cautiously optimistic it will not be too bad. *KNOCK ON WOOD FEROCIOUSLY* of course though!!! lol.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I saw your comment on the rant. I just want to say I did not take what KN said as Jalen thinks or has gotten any indication that we will get hit with sanctions that will bar us from post season play next season. I took it as It was just a general concern with what penalties we will get hit with and just to make sure we will make the Big Dance next season. No school when the FBI ish hit the fan went to greater lengths to comply with the NCAA than we did. That is where having Rich Mcglynn helped us. If we get hit with anything other than a slap on the wrist after we sat out not 1 but TWO GUYS a whole season and to boot 1 of those players had to miss a additional 9 games the following year it would be a absolute slap in the face and one of the most egregious decisions the NCAA has ever made. BUT I mean the NCAA has never been fair..... but after seeing South Carolina's penalties I am cautiously optimistic it will not be too bad. *KNOCK ON WOOD FEROCIOUSLY* of course though!!! lol.

Well if Jalen is not concerned about sanctions getting that severe then what’s the point of even Keith addressing concerns Jalen has at all?

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well if Jalen is not concerned about sanctions getting that severe then what’s the point of even Keith addressing concerns Jalen has at all?

Probably because it's a question that's being asked with increased frequency as AU becomes a serious contender.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I could see it being a big factor.  Green has made a point he really wants the college experience for a year.  So much he is willing to give up an overseas professional contract.  He may not want that once in a lifetime experience of being in college to be tarnished or negatively impacted if sanctions will hit while here.  He most likely wants the experience of what Zion had and we can absolutely provide that if the sanctions are behind us.

Archived