5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect Memphis may be in a bit of a pickle now. The court order didn't help them one bit with the NCAA, and probably will invite further "scrutiny" concerning the program. I am not sure they can stand an investigation into their recruiting "practices". Rick Barnes is not someone to piss off, Penny!

43 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

I suspect Memphis may be in a bit of a pickle now. The court order didn't help them one bit with the NCAA, and probably will invite further "scrutiny" concerning the program. I am not sure they can stand an investigation into their recruiting "practices". Rick Barnes is not someone to piss off, Penny!

Is there beef between Barnes and Hardaway?

34 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Happened last year over Hardaway's recruiting tactics. Exactly what, I never heard the specifics. It was talked about on sports radio and they had a confrontation at their game last year. All I know, but they ain't BFF

FWIW if we can sign Green to go with Sharife it would be up there with UK for the best backcourt class in the country.

On 11/9/2019 at 6:54 AM, AUTigersfan89 said:

Memphis and Tenn game was testy. Barnes sort of went at a player's character and hardaway said he would think Barnes would have more class than that, or something like that. 

I listened to the lawyer present the situation and you know that a damned lawyer can twist the truth into a lie in his favor...you see it every day in wash. dc....in this case, there is a huge gray area and part of the reason for that is the ncaa themselves, first by okaying the deal, then by reversing that....this will be interesting

13 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Penny has Cal in his pockets as well, as I understand. I pray he starts moving cleaner, I’d love if he ended up stomping the mob boss and Barnes out (metaphorically).

Penny has Cal in his pockets? What does this mean exactly

On 11/14/2019 at 10:09 AM, Tiger said:

Penny has Cal in his pockets? What does this mean exactly

Watching everything he's doing, following his program extensively. Same thing that Rick Barnes is doing. I wouldnt be surprised if either or both had dirt on him, and they're certainly actively looking for it

Not sure if anyone else heard this, but Justin Ferguson on the Lunch Break show today said, in passing, that he thinks Jalen Green will end up playing overseas rather than come to college. I’m not sure how connected he is to Basketball recruiting, but recently I haven’t seen anything suggesting Green will do this. Maybe him pushing his commitment date back has something to do with it, but wondering if anyone has any info that I missed.

That can be a realistic option nowadays.  If you truly believe your a one and done ... do you Go to college for essentially 1 semester of school or go ahead and start getting paid.  I’m for what is best for these young athletes.

of course I personally think 2 years in a college program is what is best for pretty much all of them.

5 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Not sure if anyone else heard this, but Justin Ferguson on the Lunch Break show today said, in passing, that he thinks Jalen Green will end up playing overseas rather than come to college. I’m not sure how connected he is to Basketball recruiting, but recently I haven’t seen anything suggesting Green will do this. Maybe him pushing his commitment date back has something to do with it, but wondering if anyone has any info that I missed.

The examples I know of, Hampton and Ball (and I think Bazley), all had pretty jarring experiences with the NCAA, I dont see why Jalen would do this based on how deep (and seemingly enjoyed) hes been with the recruiting process

17 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

@ellitor any info on Jalen Green recruitment? JLee put up a Hoops Scoop today that AU had lost some momentum.

99% of what I get comes from AU recruiting reporters so no I don't have any info besides what JLee posted. Better to ask Hooks on 247. Also edited out a good part of your post. Too much summing of a VIP article.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

99% of what I get comes from AU recruiting reporters so no I don't have any info besides what JLee posted. Better to ask Hooks on 247. Also edited out a good part of your post. Too much summing of a VIP article.

Gotcha. Thnx!

Jalen Green got a crystal ball this afternoon from a Memphis Insider to go........ PRO lol.

Going the pros over seas route is a tough one to take. Playing against grown men in an unfamiliar country. Usually kids that go that route either had experience living in another country or they have some type of issue where it makes them unlikely to qualify for college. Be it grades or the amateurism rules. Hoping Pearl is being careful with the guys he is trying to pull in and that missing on kids like Kessler and Brakenfield isn't making him take unnecessary risks with some guys. 

15 hours ago, gravejd said:

Be it grades or the amateurism rules

I dont think having a guy who has problems with those rules should make you not want to recruit him. Especially with many of the all time greats...having problems with those rules

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont think having a guy who has problems with those rules should make you not want to recruit him. Especially with many of the all time greats...having problems with those rules

Disagree here. If a kid may not qualify for whatever reason then that’s a great reason to recruit another guy. Not saying green will have qualifying issues. Just speaking generally

• 1 month later...

https://pypeline.co/5-star-cg-jalen-green-recruitment-update/

Auburn

Auburn is one of the new teams that started recruiting Jalen this year. One of Jalen’s best friends, 5-star point guard Sharife Cooper, is committed to the Tigers. Bruce Pearl has been to see Jalen multiple times during the recruiting period. I really like the Tiger’s chances here because Jalen Green will get to play alongside top point guard, Sharife Cooper. Green would also get to play against top notch talent in the SEC.

Final Prediction

As we broke down each of the schools recruiting Jalen, I have to say Memphis and Auburn are the front runners. My prediction for Jalen Green right now is Auburn. The Tigers give him the best chance at competing for a National Championship and helping him get to the NBA. Green is planning to make his college decision around March after his basketball season

Archived