5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

1 hour ago, CAS15 said:

https://pypeline.co/5-star-cg-jalen-green-recruitment-update/

Auburn

Auburn is one of the new teams that started recruiting Jalen this year. One of Jalen’s best friends, 5-star point guard Sharife Cooper, is committed to the Tigers. Bruce Pearl has been to see Jalen multiple times during the recruiting period. I really like the Tiger’s chances here because Jalen Green will get to play alongside top point guard, Sharife Cooper. Green would also get to play against top notch talent in the SEC.

Final Prediction

As we broke down each of the schools recruiting Jalen, I have to say Memphis and Auburn are the front runners. My prediction for Jalen Green right now is Auburn. The Tigers give him the best chance at competing for a National Championship and helping him get to the NBA. Green is planning to make his college decision around March after his basketball season

Been a long time since i've seen, read, or heard Auburn is the better chance to compete for a championship or send a player to the NBA. Oh how Bruce has changed our outlook and perception.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Been a long time since i've seen, read, or heard Auburn is the better chance to compete for a championship or send a player to the NBA. Oh how Bruce has changed our outlook and perception.

I started reading to see who the other team was that we gave a better chance of that than, and then I realized- to your point- who cares, they're talking about us giving a kid a decent chance at all at those things. WDB

1 hour ago, auburntiger1987 said:

I found that statement weird, not because of the fact it usually doesn’t get attached to AU but because Memphis has started amassing some very good talent as well and would have just as much of a shot as AU to win a national championship.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:28 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont think having a guy who has problems with those rules should make you not want to recruit him. Especially with many of the all time greats...having problems with those rules

Point one: Why waste time on someone who obviously doesn't have the grades to gain entry to Auburn? Our compliance department is strict.

Point two: If he has problems with "amateurism" then he needs to be avoided like the plague. AU has enough scrapes with the NCAA without going out and seeking trouble.

34 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I found that statement weird, not because of the fact it usually doesn’t get attached to AU but because Memphis has started amassing some very good talent as well and would have just as much of a shot as AU to win a national championship.

Is Penny a good enough coach? Bruce excels in postseason.

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Is Penny a good enough coach? Bruce excels in postseason.

We will see. I agree in that I’d rather go into the postseason with Bruce over Penny. 

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Point one: Why waste time on someone who obviously doesn't have the grades to gain entry to Auburn? Our compliance department is strict.

Point two: If he has problems with "amateurism" then he needs to be avoided like the plague. AU has enough scrapes with the NCAA without going out and seeking trouble.

Point one: I didnt mention or reference the grades. But plenty of programs have made grades work with players before

Point two: Ok

14 hours ago, CAS15 said:

Auburn

Auburn is one of the new teams that started recruiting Jalen this year. One of Jalen’s best friends, 5-star point guard Sharife Cooper, is committed to the Tigers. Bruce Pearl has been to see Jalen multiple times during the recruiting period. I really like the Tiger’s chances here because Jalen Green will get to play alongside top point guard, Sharife Cooper. Green would also get to play against top notch talent in the SEC.

Final Prediction

As we broke down each of the schools recruiting Jalen, I have to say Memphis and Auburn are the front runners. My prediction for Jalen Green right now is Auburn. The Tigers give him the best chance at competing for a National Championship and helping him get to the NBA. Green is planning to make his college decision around March after his basketball season

I really pray no one references their gripes about amateurism or how athletes should be when we sign a top 5 ranked player in basketball. I just want to have our two top 15 one and done talents and enjoy this potential ring

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I really pray no one references their gripes about amateurism or how athletes should be when we sign a top 5 ranked player in basketball. I just want to have our two top 15 one and done talents and enjoy this potential ring

If there ever was a fanbase put on earth to whine about one and dones and sure fire NBA first round picks it's a certain segment of our fanbase! Lol.

I think Bruce does it perfectly. He has the perfect mix of signing 3-4 year players while also trying to sign the elite talent's as well.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think Bruce does it perfectly. He has the perfect mix of signing 3-4 year players while also trying to sign the elite talent's as well.

Look at the last class other than Okoro. At least 3 of those guys are some of our best players and none of them (no offense to them) are going anywhere any time soon. With how much youth we have, we can afford to chalk off two guys next season, just need to make sure we're proactive in 2021. THIS is the problem you want to have as an elite program, bc that means you made it 

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Point one: I didnt mention or reference the grades. But plenty of programs have made grades work with players before

Point two: Ok

Here is the statement you were responding to: "...be it grades or amateurism. " If that ain't referencing grades I don't know what is.

Those programs that made grades work didn't have the Auburn compliance department to deal with. We've lost good players in several sports because of them. However, when the NCAA tried to crucify us over the Cam Newton farce, our compliance department had us covered. I'll take the bitter with the sweet on them.

22 hours ago, Mikey said:

Here is the statement you were responding to: "...be it grades or amateurism. " If that ain't referencing grades I don't know what is.

Those programs that made grades work didn't have the Auburn compliance department to deal with. We've lost good players in several sports because of them. However, when the NCAA tried to crucify us over the Cam Newton farce, our compliance department had us covered. I'll take the bitter with the sweet on them.

You didn't mention the "rules" part of that quote after amateurism, because you went back and read my post and saw I said the word "rules" twice. I might've been referring to the "rules" of amateurism.

If you wanted to make the point about grades, why didn't you just make it separately from my post? lol

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

you wanted to make the point about grades, why didn't you just make it separately from my post? lol

The rules (plural) that you were referring to were rules concerning grades and rules concerning amateurism. Maybe go back and read your own posts?

On 12/27/2019 at 5:49 AM, CAS15 said:

Auburn

Final Prediction

Hate to piss on this article but most people close to AU think are a longshot now to land Green. They are likely more reliable than whoever this guy is.

• 3 weeks later...

👀

Screenshot_20200119-202120.png

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I read back over the thread and didn't see an announcement date othee than when the season is over. Have you seen anything certain?

In my humble opinion, I know BP did things differently at different destinations, but I think here, everything starts with the guards and goes from there. Kuminga is a better player but Green is more needed when you look at the roster and at what's lacking. BP can live with underskilled, role players at the forward spots. We're not living long with the 2 guards we currently have 

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I read back over the thread and didn't see an announcement date othee than when the season is over. Have you seen anything certain?

No. But I think he said he wanted to wait after his season back when he first cancelled his original commitment date. So probably march or April. Around there.

Archived