5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

What Mr Fred meant is that set class (it was actually the 82 class not 81) set the wheels in motion and jump started this whole run K and Duke have been on ever since. 

Yah for sure Duke was a good program before K but they were still very much in the shadow of North Carolina and def not close to being a blue blood. But slowly Duke has flipped the script on the state school and now they are the premiere program present day in college basketball and have turned themselves in to a blue blood, national and even global brand.

Correct, '82, not '81. MUH BBAADD!! Yes, Duke was a good program but at best second-tier ACC until that '82 class. Coach K was close to getting run off until the right collection of guys sent them on a path to being THE program for the next 30 years. They had more historical success than AU but were not UNC/Kentucky/Kansas level at that point.

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Correct, '82, not '81. MUH BBAADD!! Yes, Duke was a good program but at best second-tier ACC until that '82 class. Coach K was close to getting run off until the right collection of guys sent them on a path to being THE program for the next 30 years. They had more historical success than AU but were not UNC/Kentucky/Kansas level at that point.

Thanks for the education @fredst & @GwillMac6. I looked back at Coach K's work. He really wasn't impressive at Army before Duke hired him. His 1st 3 years at Duke were also unimpressive & they hired him after going to the championship game just 2 years earlier.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Thanks for the education @fredst & @GwillMac6. I looked back at Coach K's work. He really wasn't impressive at Army before Duke hired him. His 1st 3 years at Duke were also unimpressive & they hired him after going to the championship game just 2 years earlier.

Fun to look back and see that some of the best hires weren’t the “home run hire”, but the “right guy at the right time” hires. With the dollars involved these days it takes a really confident, surefooted administration to pull it off. And, actually Gene Banks the player may have been the one that changed the trajectory of that program somewhat before Coach K even got there (remember watching him play in the final against U.K. with Goose Givens when I was a kid, to date myself lol) 

And, none of this has anything to do with that super stud player Jaylen Green😛!

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

My reaction to this ...

DIcFEFn.gif

I was thinking this one but not sure if too much for a family site. It's from the classic college movie Revenge of the Nerds...

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I was thinking this one but not sure if too much for a family site. It's from the classic college movie Revenge of the Nerds...

giphy.gif

Haha yea there were several that I could have chosen that were a bit more blunt lol

One of the Rivals national guys says Memphis is the team to beat for Jalen Green. Granted, he's been picking Memphis for quite some time now and admits that it's a slight lead, but he's still picking Memphis in spite of the late steam Auburn has shown in his recruitment. It's on Auburn Rival's front page.

22 minutes ago, boomstick said:

One of the Rivals national guys says Memphis is the team to beat for Jalen Green. Granted, he's been picking Memphis for quite some time now and admits that it's a slight lead, but he's still picking Memphis in spite of the late steam Auburn has shown in his recruitment. It's on Auburn Rival's front page.

Lol late steam? He acts like we were behind 21-0 or sonething in this recruitment to Memphis. You mean like prominent 247 guys picking AU? 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Lol late steam? He acts like we were behind 21-0 or sonething in this recruitment to Memphis. You mean like prominent 247 guys picking AU? 

The late steam was my added comment, in reference to the number of CBs that have recently rolled in favoring Auburn. 

On 2/24/2020 at 4:12 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That double team split, FFS

I hope the kid wears 24 or 8 for jersey buying purposes. Id love to have an Auburn ATG wearing one of those two numbers

Yeah, that (escaping the press around 2:00) was sick!

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Dunk game needs work. Its a bit weak

Idk, he must be a Braves fan because he sure knows how to Tomahawk!

On 2/24/2020 at 2:32 PM, steeleagle said:

I'm just beside myself that we have a great chance with a 5* from California, of all places...:bow:

Yep!   Very impressive!

Now you know that every time Bruce fires up his grill, there will be spies from the NCAA and our rivals watching in the bushes!

FWIW JLee says anyone who says they know where Green is going is only guessing. That goes for Green-to-Auburn folks as well.

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:
FWIW JLee says anyone who says they know where Green is going is only guessing. That goes for Green-to-Auburn folks as well.

Well crap

giphy (5).gif

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

My tire just went flat.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

What qualifies him to know this over other beat writers who have CB'd him to AU?

I don't wanna trash him, but I am curious as to why he's the end-all-be-all voice to Green's recruitment status... 

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

J Lee is just guessing that the others are guessing.

Is that your guess that J Lee is just guessing that the other are guessing?  That is my guess.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Is that your guess that J Lee is just guessing that the other are guessing?  That is my guess.

giphy.gif

Archived