5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

On 3/13/2020 at 6:21 PM, Jaxr29 said:

Sooo I was on twitter and came across momma greens page and her likes are filled with auburn posts.....I can’t believe Ive gone this low Lmao 

If y’all laughing at this, don’t be. That’s actually big news. I took a gander and she’s liking all sorts of Auburn stuff. Haven’t seen any Memphis/Oregon stuff . 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 247, Hooks says he thinks it will be hard to convince Jalen's family to let him go far away from home amid all the uproar right now, but says that is just his opinion.

I really respect Hooks and his info and sources, but he tends to be a little dramatic sometimes. Hopefully he's over reacting a tad, and Jalen's family is comfortable with him heading to AU. It seems like he has turned into ours to lose, and not having him would be a disappointment.

37 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

On 247, Hooks says he thinks it will be hard to convince Jalen's family to let him go far away from home amid all the uproar right now, but says that is just his opinion.

I really respect Hooks and his info and sources, but he tends to be a little dramatic sometimes. Hopefully he's over reacting a tad, and Jalen's family is comfortable with him heading to AU. It seems like he has turned into ours to lose, and not having him would be a disappointment.

He says it is his opinion and not based on actually any new information. I guess he is just freaking out because he thinks this will make JG pick a west coast school just for the sheer fact to stay close to home.  His whole recruitment would have to dramatically change. This whole time it has been about leaving the West Coast. IDK why he cannot just keep these OPINIONS to himself since he said it is just that and not any actual new intel. Because he knows there is some people who hang on to his every word. 

13 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

If y’all laughing at this, don’t be. That’s actually big news. I took a gander and she’s liking all sorts of Auburn stuff. Haven’t seen any Memphis/Oregon stuff . 

Oregon's not a factor.

What about overseas? lol

53 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

@tigerbrotha12 you can paste his free posts.

Also Hooks can be dramatic but when it comes to recruiting news it's usually on the sunshine side. Therefore Hooks is likely understating the Green family concerns. Here is Hooks' posts FWIW...

This is my worry now about Jalen. Going to be very hard to convince his family to allow him to go across the nation with total unknowns regarding travel etc.

Terrible terrible timing.

This is my current opinion based on several things. Folks things are moving so quickly that one must realize the ground beneath all of our feet has moved.

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

not based on actually any new information.

He didn't clarify on if it was anything new or not. Just said the opinion was based on several things.

Anyway. I'm sure Jalen Green and his family know that he'll need to wash his hands and stay away from large groups for awhile no matter where he goes. 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@tigerbrotha12 you can paste his free posts.

Also Hooks can be dramatic but when it comes to recruiting news it's usually on the sunshine side. Therefore Hooks is likely understating the Green family concerns. Here is Hooks' posts FWIW...

Lol come on E. If there was any REAL new info it would of been out by now. If there is a shift by reporters and recruiting insiders from sites then we can actually give Credence that what he said was layered in facts.  Hooks has been getting very political in his musings on the basketball board since this virus got serious so it's coming from a place birthed out of that. Like people have said he is either really positive or really negative. He was freaking out like some rivals members were thinking this could cost us our blue Chip guys down the stretch.

If anything this just takes overseas off the table completely and makes Memphis go 1 on 1 vs the great one in AU. 

In the end the closest relationships are going to win out here. It's either going to be Bruuuuuuce and Coooooop getting the W or penny and Mike Miller will continue to be a thorn in our side in crutin. His family trusts those 2 different camps.

Fingers crossed and knock on wood that War Damn eagle pulls through!!!! LFG!!!! Wooooooo!!!!!

SO yah he went full blown political on a basketball post!!! lol. He was just having a good ol fashioned Hooks melt down. He is due for at least 1 or 2 a year. Remember in 17-18 when Jared and Bryce tested the professional waters and went through the draft process??? He said something along the lines of KIDS DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD THEY GOT IT!!! WHAT ABOUT LOYALTY?!?!? hhahaha. Like come on man. And of course both of them came back anyways!!!

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

If there was any REAL new info it would of been out by now.

Not necessarily. Being as close to the program as he is Hooks is privy to info that isn't public knowledge a good bit.

If there is a shift by reporters and recruiting insiders from sites then we can actually give Credence that what he said was layered in facts. 

Fair but since there hasn't been yet it doesn't mean his opinion isn't based on some facts that may have been transpired. There have been a number of times Hooks knew things before reporters did.

Hooks has been getting very political in his musings on the basketball board since this virus got serious so it's coming from a place birthed out of that.

May be but it's not a definite.

If anything this just takes overseas off the table completely.

Thought that was a given already.

In the end the closest relationships are going to win out here. It's either going to be Bruuuuuuce and Coooooop getting the W or penny and Mike Miller will continue to be a thorn in our side in crutin. His family trusts those 2 different camps.

Not sure about that although could be true. If distance has really become a factor for his parents due to CV 19 I could even see teams close to Napa getting heavy in the mix like Stanford or Cal. Especially since JG is going to shine wherever he goes.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not necessarily. Being as close to the program as he is Hooks is privy to info that isn't public knowledge a good bit.

Fair but since there hasn't been yet it doesn't mean his opinion isn't based on some facts that may have been transpired. There have been a number of times Hooks knew things before reporters did.

May be but it's not a definite.

Thought that was a given already.

Not sure about that although could be true. If distance has really become a factor for his parents due to CV 19 I could even see teams close to Napa getting heavy in the mix like Stanford or Cal. Especially since JG is going to shine wherever he goes.

I view Hooks like an off duty PR guy. He knows A LOT. But he’s only going to share what he knows he’s allowed to. That stuff usually has to do with getting the fan base excited.

Hooks usually has great insight about who Auburn is prioritizing way before it happens. He also usually knows who Auburn will have a chance with before anyone else.

But his personal opinions can seem very opinionated and emotion-driven especially compared to how in-depth some of his other posts are.

Please keep political posts in the Politics forum even if just passing on what someone else said.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Cambridge’s IG

If Cam can get way better (WAY) at his consistency from the 3 point line, and if Jaylin could pose a threat at all, the spacing would be the best Auburn has ever had, and possibly the best spacing in basketball. Jalen is a 2 through and through but there's certain matchups that would allow them to slide him to the 3 and run Powell and the shooting THERE, would be wild

16 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If Cam can get way better (WAY) at his consistency from the 3 point line, and if Jaylin could pose a threat at all, the spacing would be the best Auburn has ever had, and possibly the best spacing in basketball. Jalen is a 2 through and through but there's certain matchups that would allow them to slide him to the 3 and run Powell and the shooting THERE, would be wild

You see Powell contributing next season? I just can't see it. He's missed so much ball the past 2 years. 

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You see Powell contributing next season? I just can't see it. He's missed so much ball the past 2 years. 

Part of the reason he missed so much time is they never let him heal. His injury requires rest and time. If he really shutdown this time and has quit pushing the envelope he should be healthy but rusty. He has a very pretty stroke so I would not expect his shot to take to long to come back. Now his conditioning is a different thing he would have to be put in on a short lease with limited minutes as he worked back into shape.  Now if he tries to come back to soon he will not be completely healed and all bets are off.

I think we should hope he is healed by middle of summer and can give us a few minutes per game in November and December working up to 10-15 minutes a game by middle of season. If we get Jalen and  if Cambridge and Flanagan become more consistent we will have a lesser need for Mr. Powell and he might even Redshirt to be healthy and in shape the following year when I am assuming Jalen will be gone and Powell will be needed.

17 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I see him being like a Jaylin. Probably getting spot minutes initially, ideally a contributor by late February. One of the posts in his thread on here described him as an "improved playmaker" and as of right now, the only one of those we'll have is Sharife (unless Jvon and Samir can come back???). 

It did not like everything is on the table when asked about the Pro route. Earlier that was off the table.

13 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It did not like everything is on the table when asked about the Pro route. Earlier that was off the table.

Yeah, according to some, it sounds like going the G League route is a possibility but that Auburn is a more likely option.

57 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

He also said college is coming up in a direct quote! 

Screenshot_20200319-115700.png

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The only thing I didn't like is that he did the interview with Marc Spears who is a NBA reporter. But isn't April 15th when the late signing period starts? That may be a good indication of him going the college route.

When rj Hampton went to Australia last year he drug this out to may.

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

Sounds like Green has an announcement date in mind. Around April 15th. 

https://theundefeated.com/features/top-hoops-prospect-jalen-green-has-all-star-dreams-crushed-by-coronavirus/

Had to change my last post:

It looks like RJ Hampton actually had an announcement date and people thought he was going to announce his college choice, but he stated that he would go pro at this announcement on ESPN's "Get Up."

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hard to read anything in his quotes in that article. 

He says he's looking still at the overseas route. 

And when he says "...College is coming up". That could mean he plans to pick a college to play basketball, or it could mean he has to make a decision IF he is going to college because the college deadline is coming up.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Is that a new statement or the same one that’s been regurgitated since January?

Archived