5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Got dang!!! Im getting so freaking sick of this Corey Evans dude 😡!!!!

Screenshot_20200324-161811.png

The good news is that he admits to being in the minority with that opinion, and I suspect it has everything to do with thinking Green looks like a young Penny, not based on any information regarding Green's leanings.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s an awful big step out by Evans though.  He doesn’t see JG going anywhere but Memphis???  So he doesn’t even think it’s in realm of possibility that he goes to AU?? Come on man, give me a frickin break. He may indeed go there but unless this dude has some really inside knowledge here, he should not make such a blanket statement. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Got dang!!! Im getting so freaking sick of this Corey Evans dude 😡!!!!

Screenshot_20200324-161811.png

He says “everything I’m seeing.” He won’t give ANY reasons as to why, other than he thinks Penny will get him to come. I’m not sure what his deal is.

4 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

He says “everything I’m seeing.” He won’t give ANY reasons as to why, other than he thinks Penny will get him to come. I’m not sure what his deal is.

I think he has a source on the Memphis staff, which has him only seeing the Memphis perspective. And he’s completely writing off the pro aspect, which most pro-Auburn people see as a legit threat. It’s an odd stance by Evans to never have wavered while giving essentially no reasoning behind his decision, especially in the light of all the steam behind Auburn. 

4 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

TBH he seems a little on Memphis’ you know what. The fact the he also mentions GB as Texas lean (but don’t count Memphis out just yet), with no mention of AU. Could end up being true but the two biggest recruits of the article he seems very pro Memphis, with both takes being the minority take.

7 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

A Rivals analyst, Zach Berry switched his pick from Auburn to Memphis. Likely due to that article, but I don't like that

And this comes from switching his pic from Memphis to Auburn not that long ago.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

And this comes from switching his pic from Memphis to Auburn not that long ago.

Berry should just play it safe and pick the Tigers and not elaborate. 

23 hours ago, boomstick said:

I think he has a source on the Memphis staff, which has him only seeing the Memphis perspective. And he’s completely writing off the pro aspect, which most pro-Auburn people see as a legit threat. It’s an odd stance by Evans to never have wavered while giving essentially no reasoning behind his decision, especially in the light of all the steam behind Auburn. 

I think some of these guys like to try to be the only one right at times and just go against the grain so they can say told you so.

I’m officially predicting he goes pro. In January, he said he was definitely going to college. Then, in February, several crystal balls changed to Auburn but the caveat was that the pro angle was a possibility. Recently, an interview was done with Jalen where he said every option was on the table. In Corey’s interview, he said 50/50 between pro and college. The pro option has steadily become more and more of a possibility, and I think it ultimately is where he ends up going. I’ll be happy to be wrong and him end up at Auburn, but it feels like getting paid right now is where he’s headed. 

23 minutes ago, mempitt18 said:

I'll be just fine if he ends up at Memphis. It'll just be one of those where "well crap they beat us out." If we lose him to pro ball though, I'll be incredibly disappointing. Do everything right, have him most interested in Auburn out of any other school, and then we lose him to something that's not even college. 

Part of me says he's just saying "50/50" to drum up some drama. Hope I'm right. 

8 minutes ago, boomstick said:

I’m officially predicting he goes pro. In January, he said he was definitely going to college. Then, in February, several crystal balls changed to Auburn but the caveat was that the pro angle was a possibility. Recently, an interview was done with Jalen where he said every option was on the table. In Corey’s interview, he said 50/50 between pro and college. The pro option has steadily become more and more of a possibility, and I think it ultimately is where he ends up going. I’ll be happy to be wrong and him end up at Auburn, but it feels like getting paid right now is where he’s headed. 

I hope you're wrong too.

3 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

If he were to go pro, where would he go?  China?  Italy?  Australia?  Aren’t those countries on lockdown?

Some sources have said the G-League

54 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

If he were to go pro, where would he go?  China?  Italy?  Australia?  Aren’t those countries on lockdown?

G League. They started the Select Contract a year or two ago, and he could go to a G League team close to his home and make some money. There are a couple within a couple hours of his house. It's not a lucrative contract and he probably won't get the exposure as he would in college, but with the uncertain times, staying close to home while making some money playing ball might be an ever-increasing, enticing option.

2 hours ago, boomstick said:

Someone made a good point. The pro talk could just be involved because his 2 finalists are AU and Memphis!!! Lol. I could see him picking a college next month and then bailing for the pros if the school gets hit hard between now and the season.

Hooks said today he can't see the overseas option happening for obvious reasons. Cliff to Rutgers was all due to the pandemic. We are sitting in a good place still with Jalen but fingers crossed. He's just worried about a local option opening up.

Our "dear" friend Corey Evans 🙄🤬 said he would be very suprised and downright shocked if he went pro.

A couple weeks old but one of the more reliable insiders autigers07 said we looked damn good for Green & as of then our staff didn't think he was leaning going pro.

Obviously Covid-19 may have changed that but wanted to share FWIW.

So I just read the last 3 weeks of Hook's posts. Damn does he have to turn every recruiting thread into a massive Covid-19 debate not even related to the recruit? I get the seriousness of the situation but I wish somebody would tell him to keep his deep Covid-19 posts to Covid-19 threads.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

So I just read the last 3 weeks of Hook's posts. Damn does he have to turn every recruiting thread into a massive Covid-19 debate not even related to the recruit? I get the seriousness of the situation but I wish somebody would tell him to keep his deep Covid-19 posts to Covid-19 threads.

Yep. He's treating just about everything like "you shouldn't care about this because you should only be caring about Covid-19."

Archived