5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

The waters are muddying. I think he's trying to cause as much chaos before his announcement so no one will know where he's going. It's def working. No one has a clue. 

It’s still intriguing though that most of the Memphis side and most of the Auburn side are still confident their schools to win.

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Greg should’ve moved his date up or back a few weeks, I don’t think either fanbase will be mentally recovered enough to give him the attn he deserves

Nope. If Auburn has taken the lead I don’t want to give Texas any more time than they already have to try to get back ahead.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

It’s still intriguing though that most of the Memphis side and most of the Auburn side are still confident their schools to win.

It is UGLY watching people scrap it out between Memphis and Auburn right now. 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It is UGLY watching people scrap it out between Memphis and Auburn right now. 

Memphis fans def started it. They came over to the AU 247 bball board and started talking a lot of ish.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Nope. If Auburn has taken the lead I don’t want to give Texas any more time than they already have to try to get back ahead.

Who knows if they have or haven't. I certainly don't know what to believe these days

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Memphis fans def started it. They came over to the AU 247 bball board and started talking a lot of ish.

I’ve never interacted with the Memphis fanbase much before but not a fan. They’re pretty arrogant about the whole thing; it’s made me want Green that much more. 

Strange thing: I saw on IG where JG asked Cooper to join him on IG Live during announcement.   If that was legit, seems unlikely he would do such and not choose "The Fightin' Pearls".  

I keep seeing "the kid doesn't know what he is going to do."   That is comical.  This young man is playing everybody and he knows exactly what he is going to do.   He is enjoying his time in the limelight with no school, knowing everyone is watching.  It's cool, it's all good, unless he picks a program that is literally a crapshoot to make the tourney like Memphis. That would be just dumb. 

10 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Strange thing: I saw on IG where JG asked Cooper to join him on IG Live during announcement.   If that was legit, seems unlikely he would do such and not choose "The Fightin' Pearls".  

I keep seeing "the kid doesn't know what he is going to do."   That is comical.  This young man is playing everybody and he knows exactly what he is going to do.   He is enjoying his time in the limelight with no school, knowing everyone is watching.  It's cool, it's all good, unless he picks a program that is literally a crapshoot to make the tourney like Memphis. That would be just dumb. 

When he asked if he would be on his IG live for his announcement he meant would he be watching. Memphis people are confident. Auburn people are confident. Someone is getting played. Hope it's not us. In football crutin these things usually don't work out for us.

Hell just tonight josh Christopher trolled TF out of Michigan. Nooooo one thought he was going to Arizona State but he just committed there. A lot of "shock the world" kind of commitments happen more often in bball recruiting than fball.

At this rate he could be trolling both fanbases and may go pro Friday. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hell just tonight josh Christopher trolled TF out of Michigan. Nooooo one thought he was going to Arizona State but he just committed there. A lot of "shock the world" kind of commitments happen more often in bball recruiting than fball.

At this rate he could be trolling both fanbases and may go pro Friday. 

Basketball is a different culture. Big personalities aren’t punished, dinged, or penalized like they are in football now.

Shoot man football got to the point you couldn’t pray as a celebration. They’ve all but killed personalities in the NFL.

Regardless, I was always pretty straight forward with my college recruiting process with coaches (for wrestling). Friends and locals I was much more coy with but the coaches always knew exactly where I stood. It would surprise me if coaches didn’t already have a feel or know the answer.

Something about the idea of the foreign pro route seems like a skeezy workaround to me; not dinging it, just doesn’t feel right to me for some reason.

Hope he comes to Auburn. Replacing all the seniors is no small task but man he’d be a big piece to the puzzle. 

I would guess, the covid thing and the potential we don't have college might've allowed pro back on the table when it otherwise wouldn't (prob bc he'd be getting wooed in person). 

I could play Devil's Advocate on this point but I dont feel like it right now lol 

He could pick a college and then still go overseas pro ... I doubt overseas pros care if he signs a scholly paper.

as a parent, I don’t want my kid going overseas this year ... no way his are ok with it ...

8 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

He could pick a college and then still go overseas pro ... I doubt overseas pros care if he signs a scholly paper.

as a parent, I don’t want my kid going overseas this year ... no way his are ok with it ...

I genuinely think because of who his 2 finalists are that pro is still on the table just in case us or Memphis are hit with a post season ban between now and the start of next season. THEN he would jump to go play professionally somewhere.

ALSO QUESTION to anyone who would know. Is 30 pages the longest thread EVER for 1 Basketball recruit?!

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

ALSO QUESTION to anyone who would know. Is 30 pages the longest thread EVER for 1 Basketball recruit?!

No, but 31 might be.😁

8 hours ago, Zeek said:

Big personalities aren’t punished, dinged, or penalized like they are in football now.

Can you give an example? As best I can tell they aren’t punished in football either  unless it’s accompanied by a behavioral issues.

8 hours ago, Zeek said:

Something about the idea of the foreign pro route seems like a skeezy workaround to me; not dinging it, just doesn’t feel right to me for some reason.

If he goes pro it’s not going to be foreign. It would be the G league domestically.

Bird, sorry for the side bar here but with all this health stuff going on I was wondering how your son is doing. We all hope he is terrific.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just check the Wiley or Heron threads. If it’s longer then yes

• ellitor changed the title to ***2020 5* SG Jalen Green (Commit Watch: 4/17, 3 PM CT)***

Corey Evans is still picking Green to Memphis but says his confidence is waning. Also said going pro is becoming a stronger option as each day passes.

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Corey Evans is still picking Green to Memphis but says his confidence is waning. Also said going pro is becoming a stronger option as each day passes.

Good thing there aren't many more days to pass.

9 minutes ago, Kaiiu said:

I honestly don't think JG will play college basketball regardless of who he commits to.

IDK why Jalen is destined as the recruit from this cycle to heavily consider the overseas or G league route. No other top prospect ever seriously considered those options. It just adds yet another layer to this recruitment and another obstacle. It's so frustrating.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IDK why Jalen is destined as the recruit from this cycle to heavily consider the overseas or G league route. No other top prospect ever seriously considered those options. It just adds yet another layer to this recruitment and another obstacle. It's so frustrating.

Definitely annoying. Isaiah Todd (the kid who was committed to Michigan) just decommitted and is going overseas though.

Archived