5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

9 minutes ago, Kaiiu said:

Definitely annoying. Isaiah Todd (the kid who was committed to Michigan) just decommitted and is going overseas though.

Who is he? Legit never heard of him. Was he a 5 star?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhhh shoot. Just saw the guy who you are talking about was a top 15 recruit.

30 minutes ago, Kaiiu said:

I honestly don't think JG will play college basketball regardless of who he commits to.

Frustrating to think about. What do you do? You don't pass on a player like that but then you think about the fact that someone else could have that scholarship that would play for a couple of three years. Basketball recruiting is not for the faint of heart. I couldn't be a coach. 

1 minute ago, fredst said:

I don’t think Jalen knows how badly I want him to come to AU. If he did he would be an AU lock.

How do we get that word to him? Blimp, skywriting, ????

Whatever it takes I'll pitch in. 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ohhhh shoot. Just the guy who you are talking about was a top 15 recruit.

Yep, but on the bright side for us, we just moved up a spot in the team rankings after he de-committed. I suppose that’s a silver lining of sorts..

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

I don’t think Jalen knows how badly I want him to come to AU. If he did he would be an AU lock.

I think @tigerbrotha12 has you beat Mr Fred! He wants him to play at AU even more then you do!!! Lol

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Frustrating to think about. What do you do? You don't pass on a player like that but then you think about the fact that someone else could have that scholarship that would play for a couple of three years. Basketball recruiting is not for the faint of heart. I couldn't be a coach. 

I just hate it for Bruce. He's a elite recruiter but because how college bball is set up it makes it hard for him to get top 5 classes which he absolutely would if bball crutin were more like fball. 

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Who is he? Legit never heard of him. Was he a 5 star?

Yep. Regardless of who JG picks on Friday they'll be fighting the pro option with him for months. It seems like a headache and at the same time will be taking up a scholarship spot that can go to someone else. We might be better off missing and having our pick of a good transfer guard.

11 minutes ago, Kaiiu said:

Yep. Regardless of who JG picks on Friday they'll be fighting the pro option with him for months. It seems like a headache and at the same time will be taking up a scholarship spot that can go to someone else. We might be better off missing and having our pick of a good transfer guard.

I disagree. I'll take my chances any day if he actually commits to us and Bruce And Coop fighting off the pro option. He's that damn good. It's worth it. Plus if it's just a regular transfer and not a grad transfer they still have to sit out a year.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I disagree. I'll take my chances any day if he actually commits to us and Bruce And AU fighting off the pro option. He's that damn good. It's worth it. Plus if it's just a regular transfer and not a grad transfer they still have to sit out a year.

Fair enough. It's a balance I'm sure Bruce and his staff are considering at this point.

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

if it's just a regular transfer and not a grad transfer they still have to sit out a year.

Actually there is a vote on the table for the summer that is expected to pass to allow transfers to play immediately.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Actually there is a vote on the table for the summer that is expected to pass to allow transfers to play immediately.

And it would not go in to effect until the 21-22 season though.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Oh nice to know if we get him is because Cal backed off. Got it. 

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And it would not go in to effect until the 21-22 season though.

The tweet I saw  said it would go into effect immediately. I remember because I was kind of surprised.

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

I don't care how we get him as long as we do!!! And he actually plays all of next season for AU!!!

Yella feller better pay up here..... Lol

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Not sure that was what was implied in the tweet.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I don't care how we get him as long as we do!!! And he actually plays all of next season for AU!!!

Yella feller better pay up here..... Lol

Same here! 

Just now, ellitor said:

Not sure that was what was implied in the tweet.

It wasn’t. Just remembering our place in the college basketball world. 

1 hour ago, Kaiiu said:

Definitely annoying. Isaiah Todd (the kid who was committed to Michigan) just decommitted and is going overseas though.

It's thought that Todd did it when Christopher committed to ASU. Had he gone to Michigan, I think Todd stays committed.

On 3/30/2020 at 10:01 AM, boomstick said:

I’m officially predicting he goes pro. In January, he said he was definitely going to college. Then, in February, several crystal balls changed to Auburn but the caveat was that the pro angle was a possibility. Recently, an interview was done with Jalen where he said every option was on the table. In Corey’s interview, he said 50/50 between pro and college. The pro option has steadily become more and more of a possibility, and I think it ultimately is where he ends up going. I’ll be happy to be wrong and him end up at Auburn, but it feels like getting paid right now is where he’s headed. 

Still feel this way. 

43 minutes ago, boomstick said:

It's thought that Todd did it when Christopher committed to ASU. Had he gone to Michigan, I think Todd stays committed.

My name is Todd Christopher and for a second I was like “why is this guy naming me “!! 😝 

Archived