5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Don’t get the appeal of going to make $30k for a year overseas with no one you know and less amount of resources at your disposal when you could go to a college, be on ESPN every night, play in the NCAA tourney, then go to the same place you would be in a year. Just don’t get the appeal. Hope Jalen sees the appeal of Auburn in the end.

Unless you just don’t wanna go to class. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

imagine spending 20+ years of your life developing sources, kissing geriatric Auburn ass to be an insider and a 24 year old kid is more revered on forums you provide info on. Every Auburn beat reporter might as well step off the basketball territory 

All I’ll say, if it isn’t Auburn, I sure hope it’s overseas. Memphis doesn’t deserve jack squat for the rest of their university’s  existence.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don't get it, as usual with these things.

I was just messing around. Memphis fans were all up in arms that the snap was directed at Sharife. None could be convinced that it could’ve been directed at Boogie Ellis, who he is also close with. 

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

imagine spending 20+ years of your life developing sources, kissing geriatric Auburn ass to be an insider and a 24 year old kid is more revered on forums you provide info on. Every Auburn beat reporter might as well step off the basketball territory 

I think he knows some of our current players and recruits. Pretty sure he talks to Sharife. 

7 minutes ago, boomstick said:

I think he knows some of our current players and recruits. Pretty sure he talks to Sharife. 

He certainly could. It’s just always strange when someone like that pops up. Hopefully he continues recruiting for Auburn 

I have no clue where Jalen ends up but I will say after everything I have read I think he has silently committed to both AU & Memphis at some point. Definitely a circus.

15 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Hard to turn down (was going to say at that age but I’d drop my job right now to go shoot hoops in a minor league for 6 figures).

https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1970178

It appears Jalen Green won't be playing college basketball next season.

The No. 1 recruit on the ESPN 100 for 2020 is expected to spend the 2020-21 campaign in the NBA G League, sources told Forbes' Adam Zagoria.

The NBA G League introduced a "select contract" for elite high school prospects in October 2018. The deal pays players $125,000 for the league's five-month season before they're eligible to enter the NBA draft.

As for Green's collegiate options, Auburn and Memphis are the reported front-runners for his services.

The 6-foot-5 guard will announce his official decision Thursday on Instagram.

Green averaged 31.5 points, 7.5 rebounds, and five assists per game during his senior year at Prolific Prep. He was selected for the McDonald's All-American Game and Jordan Brand Classic rosters earlier this season and was also named to Team USA fo the Nike Hoop Summit.

Green is a projected top-three pick in the 2021 NBA Draft, according to ESPN's Jonathan Givony.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I have no clue where Jalen ends up but I will say after everything I have read I think he has silently committed to both AU & Memphis at some point. Definitely a circus.

How close of a circus is this to Grandpa's birthday level of craziness?! lol

4 minutes ago, AuburnMike86 said:

https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1970178

It appears Jalen Green won't be playing college basketball next season.

The No. 1 recruit on the ESPN 100 for 2020 is expected to spend the 2020-21 campaign in the NBA G League, sources told Forbes' Adam Zagoria.

The NBA G League introduced a "select contract" for elite high school prospects in October 2018. The deal pays players $125,000 for the league's five-month season before they're eligible to enter the NBA draft.

As for Green's collegiate options, Auburn and Memphis are the reported front-runners for his services.

The 6-foot-5 guard will announce his official decision Thursday on Instagram.

Green averaged 31.5 points, 7.5 rebounds, and five assists per game during his senior year at Prolific Prep. He was selected for the McDonald's All-American Game and Jordan Brand Classic rosters earlier this season and was also named to Team USA fo the Nike Hoop Summit.

Green is a projected top-three pick in the 2021 NBA Draft, according to ESPN's Jonathan Givony.

Awww THNAP.

15 minutes ago, AuburnMike86 said:

The deal pays players $125,000

There's another article out saying with Green's situation he can get $250k

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

How close of a circus is this to Grandpa's birthday level of craziness?! lol

Don't know yet. Hasn't finished playing out but definitely has potential.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Maybe we can get Cecil Newton to throw us a bone here! I mean he does owe us 180k to 200k............ ALLEGEDLY!!!! lol.

Just now, ellitor said:

Don't know yet. Hasn't finished playing out but definitely has potential.

I am just glad the human football coach derp Kirby is not involved in this one or I may of never recovered! hahaha

@Dual-Threat Rigby ya boy is doubling down!!! lol. IDK who is enjoying the attention more. This dude from twitter or JG and his family........

I absolutely hate this G league route for the future of NCAA basketball. Get it from the kids perspective but would prefer kids get degrees before going pro. If they had the same rules as college football NCAA basketball would be so much more entertaining; plus it would likely help with the NBA’s bankruptcy rate. Imagine having Okoro for two more years with the guys we got coming in now.

Unfortunately, you can never put the genie back in the bottle.

53 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah I was reading something like that. I think it was referring to the NBL option. I don't think the G-League itself can pay more than $125,000 to "elite high school players". That is a direct quote from the article though and not mine. I just did a google search and found it.

Archived