ESPN's FPI predicts Auburn's remaining games

RunInRed

How will Auburn finish out the season? ESPN’s Football Power Index updated its projections following week five. Here’s a week-by-week look for the Tigers:

• October 5 at Florida (53.2 percent win probability)
  • October 19 at Arkansas (95.2 percent)
  • October 26 at LSU (37.9 percent)
  • November 2 vs. Ole Miss (93.9 percent)
  • November 16 vs. Georgia (53.6 percent)
  • November 23 vs. Samford (99.3 percent)
  • November 30 vs. Alabama (34.5 percent)

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi/_/id/2

If we win at FL, we could win out. 

I forget, but there was a stat at one time about us beating Florida and winning out. 

I do like the pacing for everything but the SEC Championship Game...if we got that far.

It would be 2017 all over again...

Only underdog to LSU and uat? That has changed a lot. I can see it but first we must be ready for florida. I think we win but let's not get over confident please! 

7 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Only underdog to LSU and uat? That has changed a lot. I can see it but first we must be ready for florida. I think we win but let's not get over confident please! 

Surprised they have us over 50% vs uga.  

As difficult as the schedule is, it really does progressively get harder as we should progressively get better. And with a highly winnable game in between those hard games.  Could not have asked for better placement with the schedule we have. 

22 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

We opened as. 6.5 point dog at Florida. 

Where did you see this? From what I read, the game opened as pick'em and now Auburn is a 2.5 point road favorite.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-Florida-odds-open-with-a-tight-line-136295535/

3 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Where did you see this? From what I read, the game opened as pick'em and now Auburn is a 2.5 point road favorite.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-Florida-odds-open-with-a-tight-line-136295535/

I did see that we were a 6 point dog as well, that was on Sunday monring I believe.  It appears those have been finally updated and they have us a 3 point favorite now...

That ESPN FPI has certainly changed. A few weeks ago, the estimate had Auburn with less than 50% chance against both Florida and UGA.

11 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I forget, but there was a stat at one time about us beating Florida and winning out. 

I do like the pacing for everything but the SEC Championship Game...if we got that far.

If we won out, we’d be ranked number 1 going into Atlanta. I’d almost bet we’d still get in the playoff if we lost the SECCG.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

We opened as. 6.5 point dog at Florida. 

That was the pre-season futures line.  Opened as a pick yesterday and quickly went to AU -2 to -3 depending on where you are getting the action.

12 hours ago, RunInRed said:

How will Auburn finish out the season? ESPN’s Football Power Index updated its projections following week five. Here’s a week-by-week look for the Tigers:

• October 5 at Florida (53.2 percent win probability)
  • October 19 at Arkansas (95.2 percent)
  • October 26 at LSU (37.9 percent)
  • November 2 vs. Ole Miss (93.9 percent)
  • November 16 vs. Georgia (53.6 percent)
  • November 23 vs. Samford (99.3 percent)
  • November 30 vs. Alabama (34.5 percent)

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi/_/id/2

Wow. We are now predicted to beat UGA by the FPI. That's pretty neat

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

That was the pre-season futures line.  Opened as a pick yesterday and quickly went to AU -2 to -3 depending on where you are getting the action.

I saw it on ESPN 0630-0700 CDT Sunday morning. :big:

So it was actually there...wow. I am such a puss on betting tho...

That Georgia percentage is surprising. Though their offense didn’t look good against a Notre Dame defense that I think we are better than.

Still thinking 9-3. 

4 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

To me we’ve got a better chance of beating Bama at home than we do beating LSU in Death Valley. 

Completely agree. I will continue singing the corn dog's praises until proven otherwise this year. I think they are scary good. 

I think Bama is a better team, but until we win in Baton Rouge, I won't expect a win. I've been kicked in the nards too many times in that stadium. I'll have to see zeros on the scoreboard before I believe we're winning.

If there is one game I'm more worried about as a huge favorite than any other it's Arkansas. They did very well against A&M this weekend and they've bitten us in the a$$ more than once. And us coming off a top 10 match up against Florida and a BYE week... ooooh boy. If we're not focused that game could be way tighter than it should be.

17 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Not if we win out what cost us in 2017 was two loses before uat and uga wins . If we run this schedule and lose in the SEC we would still go to the CFP

It will be interesting to see how we play vs UF. They may have the best defense on our entire schedule, better than LSU or Bama. IF we can win in Gainesville, I just don't think Death Valley will shake this team. Not that we will be LSU, but this team so far has been up to the challenge of being away from JHS. 

Archived