Captain Bo Nix

Zeek

On 10/4/2019 at 3:20 AM, aubearcat said:

🤷🏼‍♂️ It’s a parody account meant for humor. 

I know, if I was really offended we would discuss the hard core Comanche tortures lol.

On 10/4/2019 at 3:20 AM, aubearcat said:

🤷🏼‍♂️ It’s a parody account meant for humor. 

We live in a society where everything is offensive. Most of the time the people stating it's offensive aren't even the demographic that would have a claim to the offense taken. I do not understand the world we live in. Drives me insane. Everybody needs a reason to be offended. We have forgotten how to laugh at ourselves as a society and as a people. We also think that if we don't talk about something then it goes away. We have a lot of nasty stuff throughout our Country's young history, but each of those things has made us what we are today. 

9 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

The account is funny, outrage culture is not funny. We should cut it out on both sides. Stuff like this is probably what gets what should be a good thread removed. 

^
I enjoy the account and the levity it brings to bad performances like last week. 

9 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

We live in a society where everything is offensive. Most of the time the people stating it's offensive aren't even the demographic that would have a claim to the offense taken. I do not understand the world we live in. Drives me insane. Everybody needs a reason to be offended. We have forgotten how to laugh at ourselves as a society and as a people. We also think that if we don't talk about something then it goes away. We have a lot of nasty stuff throughout our Country's young history, but each of those things has made us what we are today. 

I'm outraged by your outrage over our society's outrage over everything.    Or maybe I'm offended by your taking offense at our society's being offended by everything(?).  :D

10 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Everything has always been "offensive" technically. It's just now days people can use the almighty social media to make it a big deal and turn it to publicity. Before that, you resolved it person to person if you didn't like it or you chose to walk away because the whole "sticks and stones" mantra.

23 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

I'm outraged by your outrage over our society's outrage over everything.    Or maybe I'm offended by your taking offense at our society's being offended by everything(?).  :D

Dear triangletiger,

Speaking of outrage, do you specifically have something against square tigers, round tigers or any other shaped tigers? Do you think excluding those shapes is okay? Where is the geometrical correctness in your username? 

Signed,

Uniquely shaped tiger :big:

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Dear triangletiger,

Speaking of outrage, do you specifically have something against square tigers, round tigers or any other shaped tigers? Do you think excluding those shapes is okay? Where is the geometrical correctness in your username? 

Signed,

Uniquely shaped tiger :big:

Dear gr82be,

The username comes from the fact that when I joined this forum (or, more properly, one of its predecessors - The Auburn Eagle message board), my family and I lived in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area (aka, the Research Triangle).  Hence, triangletiger.  We have since moved to the Charlotte, NC area, so the name doesn't really make sense anymore, but I'm too lazy and/or complacent to bother with trying to change it.

As far as other polygons are concerned, I have nothing against them.  However, for my part, it is hard to beat the perfect combination of strength and simplicity that is the triangle.

Sincerely yours,

Queen City Tiger (the artist formerly known as triangletiger) 

22 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Dear gr82be,

The username comes from the fact that when I joined this forum (or, more properly, one of its predecessors - The Auburn Eagle message board), my family and I lived in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area (aka, the Research Triangle).  Hence, triangletiger.  We have since moved to the Charlotte, NC area, so the name doesn't really make sense anymore, but I'm too lazy and/or complacent to bother with trying to change it.

As far as other polygons are concerned, I have nothing against them.  However, for my part, it is hard to beat the perfect combination of strength and simplicity that is the triangle.

Sincerely yours,

Queen City Tiger (the artist formerly known as triangletiger) 

Nice story behind your username. Much better than mine which is no story at all. 

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Nice story behind your username. Much better than mine which is no story at all. 

I don't know.... Looks like a cool story to me. 

cefb34004460cc2272658904f77ff728.jpg

17 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Kinda what I think you meant. 

23 hours ago, gr82be said:

Would make for a hell of a license tag. 

Sincerely,
Fellow No Story Name Guy

May Lt. Whitlow heal fast and his unit hold steadfast in his place. War Damn.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:18 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

Wrong we live in a world where everyone has to be  the greatest. Constantly put down others in order to make theirselves look better. Lie about anything or  everything to make theirselves look better. From religion to politics . Race, nationality, gender or even ones gender orientation. All in fear that someone might not think them better than everybody else. Folks make up fake life’s on social media like Facebook to impress family, friends and heck even strangers. Anything to make ourselves more impressive. Buy a bigger house or a more expensive car. No one actually just enjoys life anymore, they are to busy creating their image. The really bad part is we are passing it on to our kids and grandkids. I wish life was like when my grandparents lived. They were who they were and never felt a need to reinvent theirselves. Heck we can’t even love God anymore because were to busy trying to prove our belief in him is better than someone else’s belief because of a need to even win at that. Guess what if I finish last and did my best, I am ok with that. I don’t have to be first, in fact I would rather hold the door and let you be first. It’s a thing called humble. Most folks today call being humble, liberal.  If it is then I’m okay with that too. Of my soapbox now 😊

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

^^^  my favorite one yet

Yes! While reading it I kept thinking to myself, "would they of had corndogs back then?"

Archived