Honorable Mentions - Mississippi State

AUght2win

Honorable Mentions - Hunchback State edition! Bo and Seth had enormous games. But they've gotten enough praise. This thread is to highlight the excellent individual performances and plays that mostly went unnoticed on Saturday. 

1. Prince Tega Wa-no-no. Just like another African-born star athlete, Tega was all about rebuking his competition Saturday. This mention could have gone to Mike Horton, who made SEC Lineman of the week, but it was Tega who caught my eye. I will be honest. I had never bought into Tega's hype. We all could see the potential is there, but until recently, all I have known him for is false starts and mediocre play. This game changed my mind (content below). 

tenor (2).gif

Gonna be a lot of highlights for Prince. But I think he deserves it. Linemen deserve as much spotlight as they can get. 

On Auburn's first play from scrimmage, Tega pulled and opened a huge lane for Boobie. Tega is big and athletic he was able to stonewall two bulldogs. TWO! The guy is like a snowplow. 

Screenshot_20190930-125340_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190930-125326_Gallery.jpg

20190930_125405.jpg

On the sweep to Schwartz (which was beautifully blocked all around, props to Malik Miller, Seth, and Nigh) Tega had to reach a linebacker in the open field. Think about the difficulty of this play. Sweep to the short side. Unless everyone aces their blocks, Schwartz will run out of room or be hemmed in. 

Screenshot_20190930-125435_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190930-125447_Gallery.jpg

You really need to watch the film of this to appreciate it. The "POP" heard when Tega hits the corner (top of the screen) is fun. Tega pancaked the guy, so hard, that he actually fell backward and was able to grab Seth by the ankles. 

20190930_124304.gif

2. Jeremiah wasn't a Bulldog - Dinson continues to be a rock for us. Great tackler in the secondary, much in the form of Rudy Ford, but Dinson is more of a pure football player if you ask me. He opened the game with a sack, and recovered the huge redzone fumble.

5d905187e6cb2.image.jpg

3. Britt-Stick - Right after I questioned the linebacker play of this team, the promptly forced crow down my throat. KJ is beginning to really, REALLY remind me of his position coach. The thing about T-Will was, when he got to you, you weren't going anywhere. He clamped down and rarely ever missed a tackle. Combine that with good ball instincts and you have a stud linebacker. T-Will was one, KJ is turning into one too. He had a sack, a couple of TFLs, and just flew to the ball all night. 

Screenshot_20190930-132403_Chrome.jpg

36 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

#99 - again he made some incredible blocks. Dude is a baller. 

Agreed. The kid is silently becoming the unsung hero of the O.

6 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

#99 - again he made some incredible blocks. Dude is a baller. 

5 hours ago, leglessdan said:

Agreed. The kid is silently becoming the unsung hero of the O.

He's also very comfy....(click the pic)

Tega was my pick for a helmet sticker, and he’s playing hurt and that makes it even more impressive.

I'll keep saying it every week because it's true: Tutt is one of the most fearless punt returners we've had at Auburn in a long time. He will take one to the house before this season is over.

Also, Carlson just because if I heard correctly we're getting really close to breaking the record for most consecutive PATs without a miss. :D

Edit: To anyone who wants to know, The NCAA record for most consecutive XP's made is 302 by FSU, Auburn currently has 299 in a row. 

16 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Edit: To anyone who wants to know, The NCAA record for most consecutive XP's made is 302 by FSU, Auburn currently has 299 in a row. 

I had remembered last year they mentioned this in a game and I kept thinking we are getting close but I didn't know the exact numbers.

Here is hoping that Momma & Poppa legatron got another kid graduating soon.

22 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'll keep saying it every week because it's true: Tutt is one of the most fearless punt returners we've had at Auburn in a long time. He will take one to the house before this season is over.

Also, Carlson just because if I heard correctly we're getting really close to breaking the record for most consecutive PATs without a miss. :D

Tutt reminds me of some of Tuberville's guys. He is a beast and a joy to watch. 

Archived