Joiner?

doverstutts

13 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Not listed in the participation report, which makes me a little concerned given the transfer rules and the fact that this was game #5...

https://auburntigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=11301&path=football

Hopefully nothing to it though. 

As said already, there are only so many snaps available and you’re not going to give considerable opportunities to back number 5 or 6. Can’t worry about whether our 5 or 6 man wants to transfer. He’ll make that decision and so be it, one way or the other. Wish him the best with us or somewhere else. Hopefully, we are recruiting replacements every year that are better than the number 5 or 6 guy. 

11 hours ago, waaegl said:

As said already, there are only so many snaps available and you’re not going to give considerable opportunities to back number 5 or 6. Can’t worry about whether our 5 or 6 man wants to transfer. He’ll make that decision and so be it, one way or the other. Wish him the best with us or somewhere else. Hopefully, we are recruiting replacements every year that are better than the number 5 or 6 guy. 

He was never going to be primarily a RB at 6'4, 215, so he's not really the 5 or 6 guy. More like the #1 or 2 hybrid HB/TE. So far Jay Jay has gotten the snaps and shown he can catch so we should be ok. But I'd still like to see Joiner be used in the Clay Charles role we have been hearing about. Hopefully all is well like I said, but it's always interesting when a guy doesn't play in week 5. 

12 hours ago, alexava said:

I didn’t want to start another thread but not hearing much from Nick Coe either 

Coe has started every game and is playing extensively. He wears #91, watch a replay and you'll see him out there as much as anybody else.

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Coe has started every game and is playing extensively. He wears #91, watch a replay and you'll see him out there as much as anybody else.

He might have  played but didn’t start moo state truesdale was listed as starter. I’m just not hearing his name much if at all.

he has 8 total tackles in 5 games. Didn’t record a stat against Miss St. 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

He might have  played but didn’t start moo state truesdale was listed as starter. I’m just not hearing his name much if at all.

Yea he has been out there a lot. I don't know if he is always "1st" on the field starter but if not he is 1B. He has had a slow start. He just hasn't looked as explosive to me this season. I don't know if he beefed up to try to move inside and it slowed him down or what. I was really expecting him to be an impact guy. Truesdale has actually been the surprise along with Davidson having a breakout beast season. It could be good that Coe isn't just dominating though. Might mean he could come back next year! Isn;t he just a RS JR?

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yea he has been out there a lot. I don't know if he is always "1st" on the field starter but if not he is 1B. He has had a slow start. He just hasn't looked as explosive to me this season. I don't know if he beefed up to try to move inside and it slowed him down or what. I was really expecting him to be an impact guy. Truesdale has actually been the surprise along with Davidson having a breakout beast season. It could be good that Coe isn't just dominating though. Might mean he could come back next year! Isn;t he just a RS JR?

Maybe he's dinged up a little? Also, he was listed as starting "OLB" for the opener and is listed 2nd at like 3 other positions. @cole256 expressed concern about that, that he might be spread too thin and not able to focus on any one spot enough to be dominant. No clue. But I agree, if one of the big three is going to have a quiet start to the season, he's the one and we theoretically could get him back. 

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

8 hours ago, alexava said:

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Coe has been injured all season.  It is an injury to his arm and may require surgery after the season.  He is trying to suck it up and play through it at the moment.  Wearing a hard brace on his arm in the meantime and every time he comes off of the field he is fidgeting with it to help alleviate the discomfort.  

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Coe has been injured all season.  It is an injury to his arm and may require surgery after the season.  He is trying to suck it up and play through it at the moment.  Wearing a hard brace on his arm in the meantime and every time he comes off of the field he is fidgeting with it to help alleviate the discomfort.  

Not doubting your info at all as I suspected as much. Could you post a link to that info or let us know where you obtained it if you can?

Is Joiner the next Pettway? We will never know how good he is unless all the other RB's get suspended or hurt?

From everything we have seen so far, the kid runs hard and always falls forward.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This may shock you abw0004, but Gus has definitely improved in the area of talking about injuries.  He used to give too much information and guesstimations as to when a player will return.  He now may mention that a player is hurt, ie Swartz, Williams, but not elaborate too much.  A better way of handling injuries IMO.

49 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Not doubting your info at all as I suspected as much. Could you post a link to that info or let us know where you obtained it if you can?

No worries my friend.  Sending you a PM to answer.

Archived