Just a Monday thought

Eagle Eye 7

I sit here thinking about the past few years versus this year. Over the past few years we began with some enthusiasm but each year it ended quickly. Seemed like Gus took the first four games to know what he had. This year has been pleasantly  different. We started with probably the hardest front five games I can remember. Top ten Oregon, away against a decent TAM team, home against a 3-1 MSU . Sandwich in a decent Tulane team and a not really bad Kent St. Top that off that with a true freshman QB, complete new LB starters. This could have gone terrible . But instead these guys have been resilient and tough. They play as a team, and they have each other back. They are not cocky but they have faith in the process.   Gus is like a new man. He is having fun. He is enjoying football again. The coaches feel it to. They don’t mind getting on the player when their wrong and the players don’t mind being coached up. I’ve said all along we have had the talent equal to anybody we just needed the attitude. Well folks this team now has an attitude and I like it. I think we have a winner here. I have faith in them Because they have faith in theirselves. I think they will play for a championship this year. JMHO

I don't want to bring up the hate Gus crap again but it does make you wonder if Gus was really pulling strings these past years with the offense or was it really the OC's with Gus' input. But now we know Gus is running things and man does it feel GOOD. Energy levels are high! The defense came in to the season with a mission to be the best and they're still going strong and that physicality is bleeding into the offense behind the crazy good leadership Bo Nix has displayed. Everything feels like it's falling into place at the right time and could end up being one of those special seasons again.

Ride for the Brand!

8 hours ago, Linayus said:

I don't want to bring up the hate Gus crap again but it does make you wonder if Gus was really pulling strings these past years with the offense or was it really the OC's with Gus' input. But now we know Gus is running things and man does it feel GOOD. Energy levels are high! The defense came in to the season with a mission to be the best and they're still going strong and that physicality is bleeding into the offense behind the crazy good leadership Bo Nix has displayed. Everything feels like it's falling into place at the right time and could end up being one of those special seasons again.

Ride for the Brand!

I do think Gus was in fact pulling strings the last few years. I think we fail to understand the mere size of the monster the SEC West has become. Coaches at uat LSU uga tam and Auburn are as about as close as you can get to being in the NFL. Just since 2008 college football has grown into a giant business. Remember we have gone from a million dollar coach to ten million dollar coaches in just 10 years. Now  with the likes of Sec network, espn and others it big business. So Gus comes in not long removed from high school and he is up to semi nfl in 6 years . To put it politely the moment got to big for Gus. He got away from what he knew and tried to impress on a new stage. I didn’t think he could make the change back but I think he has proved me wrong. Now he is back where he is more sure of his decisions because it’s what he is. He no longer trying to be an imposter of a different person. He is having fun and enjoying and in the process making much better decisions. I don’t think he will revert back. I think he has figured this out. It took Gus a little while to grow into things but I think he is there now. Let’s enjoy it. WDE 

5 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I do think Gus was in fact pulling strings the last few years. I think we fail to understand the mere size of the monster the SEC West has become. Coaches at uat LSU uga tam and Auburn are as about as close as you can get to being in the NFL. Just since 2008 college football has grown into a giant business. Remember we have gone from a million dollar coach to ten million dollar coaches in just 10 years. Now  with the likes of Sec network, espn and others it big business. So Gus comes in not long removed from high school and he is up to semi nfl in 6 years . To put it politely the moment got to big for Gus. He got away from what he knew and tried to impress on a new stage. I didn’t think he could make the change back but I think he has proved me wrong. Now he is back where he is more sure of his decisions because it’s what he is. He no longer trying to be an imposter of a different person. He is having fun and enjoying and in the process making much better decisions. I don’t think he will revert back. I think he has figured this out. It took Gus a little while to grow into things but I think he is there now. Let’s enjoy it. WDE 

I agree. I have worked in sales for a big part of my life. There are many many sales methods. All can be effective if used properly and if the timing is right. I think Gus came to Auburn with his own sales pitch. Then he had a couple letdowns and started listening. "Gus needs to be a CEO coach" "Gus needs to give up playcalling" "Gus needs to hire an OC" "Gus needs to fire an OC" you get the point. These are all equivalent to the aforementioned sales pitch. He tried to change his whole approach and he wasn't successful with the new approach. In sales, coaching, or anything you do it is always good to learn new tips and tricks, but you don't give up on the horse that got you there. You adapt that horse with the times, but you stay on it's back. I think Gus has reverted back to his old self this year as far as play-calling, but also adapted to not be so introverted towards players and other coaches. I think we can all see the efforts he has put forth and I think it is paying dividends. Here's my 2 cents worth. We may not win a title this year. We may lose a couple games. I do not know. What I know is I am proud of the product on the field thus far. I would also bet dollars to a doughnut that there isn't another team in the country whose players believe in there coach as much as what we have here at Auburn right now. They are all riding for the Brand. War Damn Eagle!

Sorry if this was a ramble it is 2:30am and I need sleep lol.

Archived