Gus sends note to AU Students

abw0004

I dont think theres any doubt Gus is trying to be more accessible to fans, reporters and boosters of the program. I wish he had done so earlier but its still nice to see him make the effort.

Just now, 3rdgeneration said:

That's my man, right there! I love that he appreciates the fans. Someone is working on Gus's PR plan. Might be Kristi. haha

And Bruce. 

15 minutes ago, gr82be said:

And Bruce. 

One rises high...the others rise.  And you often don't have to say a word.  (But when you do, DO!!)

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Really cool to see:

He is learning from Bruce how valuable the students can be not just in game attendance but pep rallies and in school with the players letting them know they are supported. This is the way college athletics is supposed to work. For the students. Us old geezers are just along for the ride. WDE

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

One rises high...the others rise.  And you often don't have to say a word.  (But when you do, DO!!)

Butch Thompson isn't nearly as animated.  But he "DOES".....

Wow.  ...for some reason it never occurred to me that Auburn doesn't have a single home game in October.  Weird...

At first I thought he was going to berate the students for bailing in the 2nd half last Sat but, oh yeah, that’s actually what the little tyrant does. 

10 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

He is learning from Bruce how valuable the students can be not just in game attendance but pep rallies and in school with the players letting them know they are supported. This is the way college athletics is supposed to work. For the students. Us old geezers are just along for the ride. WDE

8 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I’m sure Gus was doing something like this before Bruce even arrived but still pretty cool nonetheless

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

As of Fall 2016, he was not. 

Gus was actually doing prep rallies before Bruce.  Technically Gene Chizik was the first and Gus learned from him.  They are held at The Village common area.  When Bruce first arrived Gus was the one who threw a prep rally for him and helped spell out Auburn with signs with his players.  Both coaches are very close which is really nice to see.

if gus goes down he is gonna go down swinging and i love it. i believe he is having fun again on the sidelines again. it would appear he is getting his mojo back. also i just read this morning where a tennessee player arrested told the cops "we shoot the police where i come from". that would probably never happen under gus but if it did i bet it would never happen again. you know we pray for 72 and other folks on this board. and they deserve it. 72 is one rockin cat for sure as are the others. but why do we not ever pray for gus or the team on here? he is a good man and i believe he is teaching our kids the right way to do things and he has their back. look at coach burns. everyone thought he would be a stud and be the next millionaire. well sadly it did not work out but gus has stood by the young man and shown him hard work pays off. there are so many intangibles. i will support gus as long as he is here. i believe we can all pray for gus even if we are not totally happy with some of his struggles. one thing that sticks in my mind is the meme where bo runs to gus and gives him a boom and gus gives it back. that tells me a lot.

10 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Wow.  ...for some reason it never occurred to me that Auburn doesn't have a single home game in October.  Weird...

There will be plenty of discussion about it later, but next year's schedule is SO much friendlier. Looking ahead never serves us well but it's encouraging. Just wish all our OLs and DLs were juniors.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Gus was actually doing prep rallies before Bruce.  Technically Gene Chizik was the first and Gus learned from him.  They are held at The Village common area.  When Bruce first arrived Gus was the one who threw a prep rally for him and helped spell out Auburn with signs with his players.  Both coaches are very close which is really nice to see.

I was referencing the email. I do recall Gus coming to the Library during finals.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

if gus goes down he is gonna go down swinging and i love it. i believe he is having fun again on the sidelines again. it would appear he is getting his mojo back. also i just read this morning where a tennessee player arrested told the cops "we shoot the police where i come from". that would probably never happen under gus but if it did i bet it would never happen again. you know we pray for 72 and other folks on this board. and they deserve it. 72 is one rockin cat for sure as are the others. but why do we not ever pray for gus or the team on here? he is a good man and i believe he is teaching our kids the right way to do things and he has their back. look at coach burns. everyone thought he would be a stud and be the next millionaire. well sadly it did not work out but gus has stood by the young man and shown him hard work pays off. there are so many intangibles. i will support gus as long as he is here. i believe we can all pray for gus even if we are not totally happy with some of his struggles. one thing that sticks in my mind is the meme where bo runs to gus and gives him a boom and gus gives it back. that tells me a lot.

Praying 🙏 for CGM all the time but don’t post it.

10 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Everybody has rallies. I’m talking about going to form at midnight and taking pizza for those studying. Coaxing the kids into showing up at the games and getting them involved . Bruce brought the student connection to a new level also I see the coaches attending more and more games from other than their sport. Bruce has always done that everywhere he was . I can guarantee if you asked Gus he would tell you this. Not knocking anyone just saying Bruce gets non player students involved as well as anyone I’ve seen. 

Archived