2021 4* WR Julian Nixon (Vols)

ellitor

Been to AU numerous times
Thought to be a major AU target for the 2021 class
Keith picked him to choose AU
14 offers including AU, Gators, UGA, FSU Ohio St, & Oklahoma
AU believed to be the clear favorite

Now that we are starting to receivers putting up some big numbers Seth Williams in Miss. State game and the Flash with his running and catching it should help in receiver recruiting.  We now have some highlight film to show interested receivers. I just hope we continue to increase the Utilization of our WR's and TE's as this will both help the Auburn O and help us on the recruiting trail.  It might even help with O-Line recruiting as these kids know the Pro's are looking for O-line that can both pass block and run block.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Now that we are starting to receivers putting up some big numbers Seth Williams in Miss. State game and the Flash with his running and catching it should help in receiver recruiting.  We now have some highlight film to show interested receivers. I just hope we continue to increase the Utilization of our WR's and TE's as this will both help the Auburn O and help us on the recruiting trail.  It might even help with O-Line recruiting as these kids know the Pro's are looking for O-line that can both pass block and run block.

Deal getting back should help too

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Deal getting back should help too

Didn’t realize Deal was back as quick as he was. That’s a pretty quick turnaround no? 

24 minutes ago, fredst said:

I like the way this dude snatches the ball with his hands, not body catching

Definitely solid. Doesn’t seem to have burner speed but a big possession guy is just as useful. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Definitely solid. Doesn’t seem to have burner speed but a big possession guy is just as useful. 

Seth Williams anyone...?

11 hours ago, fredst said:

Seth Williams anyone...?

Duke Williams, too. Dude was slow by NFL standards but knew how to use his body and his hands. 

6'4 and an actual pass catcher? Yes, please. 

If you can catch, you can almost guarantee a 6'4" guy that has any background in basketball will know how to make sure he get the ball

On 10/3/2019 at 9:26 AM, McLoofus said:

Duke Williams, too. Dude was slow by NFL standards but knew how to use his body and his hands. 

6'4 and an actual pass catcher? Yes, please. 

Still think Sal Cannella could be similar to CJ Uzomah in the sense that some NFL team might give him a shot based off measurables.

28 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Still think Sal Cannella could be similar to CJ Uzomah in the sense that some NFL team might give him a shot based off measurables.

I'm not sure what Sal's metrics are other than him being tall. Is he fast? Long arms? Big hands? I honestly have no idea. But he's definitely tall, he can elevate, and he can use his body to fight for a football. I'm pulling for him big time.

I think CJ was more of a polished player- and playmaker- out of high school. He was a big time recruit and likely would've been a star in the right offense. And that's not a shot at Gus or how he used him. Those Nick Marshall offenses were fire. (I know I found things to complain about at the time. I take it all back.)

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not sure what Sal's metrics are other than him being tall. Is he fast? Long arms? Big hands? I honestly have no idea. But he's definitely tall, he can elevate, and he can use his body to fight for a football. I'm pulling for him big time.

I think CJ was more of a polished player- and playmaker- out of high school. He was a big time recruit and likely would've been a star in the right offense. And that's not a shot at Gus or how he used him. Those Nick Marshall offenses were fire. (I know I found things to complain about at the time. I take it all back.)

I'll still cry about red zone play calling since Cam left (and I wonder how the play calling was when Cam was here considering he was such a red zone threat regardless of play call).

Allow me to clarify that I believe this has looked much improved this season as we're settling for field goals much less than we have in the past. War Eagle!

If we get Nixon can we nickname him "Crook"? 

Just now, Zeek said:

I'll still cry about red zone play calling since Cam left (and I wonder how the play calling was when Cam was here considering he was such a red zone threat regardless of play call).

Allow me to clarify that I believe this has looked much improved this season as we're settling for field goals much less than we have in the past. War Eagle!

If we get Nixon can we nickname him "Crook"? 

WHO'S DEEPTHROAT wait no let's not do that

The RZ play calling this season has been light years beyond anything we've seen in a long time. Maybe even better than the play calling in 2010 because in 2010 we had a cheat code. Now we're- gasp- throwing the ball? Throwing- shudder- slants, even? And- perish the thought- letting QB2 do these things??? ZEEK I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THESE EMOTIONS

Image result for what do i do with my hands gif

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

WHO'S DEEPTHROAT wait no let's not do that

The RZ play calling this season has been light years beyond anything we've seen in a long time. Maybe even better than the play calling in 2010 because in 2010 we had a cheat code. Now we're- gasp- throwing the ball? Throwing- shudder- slants, even? And- perish the thought- letting QB2 do these things??? ZEEK I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THESE EMOTIONS

Image result for what do i do with my hands gif

emotion.gif

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

emotion.gif

Seriously tho. The last couple years, I have literally felt sorry for blue chip WRs that committed to us. Then Seth Williams happened the other night and now nothing is impossible and this Nixon fella should come here and catch the balls and score the touchdowns. 

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Seriously tho. The last couple years, I have literally felt sorry for blue chip WRs that committed to us. Then Seth Williams happened the other night and now nothing is impossible and this Nixon fella should come here and catch the balls and score the touchdowns. 

Agreed, Seth should average 100 yards a game. The next step for Bo is to distribute the ball a little bit more. It's nice to have a plethora of weapons to choose from.

After Seth’s coming out party last week the defense will have to double him more, and I think that will open others up more. Hope Bo has time to find the other receivers this week.

3 hours ago, toddc said:

After Seth’s coming out party last week the defense will have to double him more, and I think that will open others up more. Hope Bo has time to find the other receivers this week.

Granthan is aggressive. He will focus on & attack the run. Just hope Bo has a similar game.

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Granthan is aggressive. He will focus on & attack the run. Just hope Bo has a similar game.

I would like to see us use Hastings and stove in the short game to exploit their pass rush.

57 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I would like to see us use Hastings and stove in the short game to exploit their pass rush.

We better have a counter for their pass rush for sure

• 2 months later...

Rival school to Capers and McLaughlin here in Alpharetta.  We are doing a good job of locking down this territory where I am and need to.  A lot of former NFL guys retire here and their kids go to school here.  Former OL Andrews (Patriots) went to Wesleyan here as well

Archived