2020 4* SDE Jay Hardy Signs With AU! (Update 1/18/20)

ellitor

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I like that his player comparison on 247 is the N. Fairley!!!!

That's Barton Simmons' comparison foe him. Hardy sees himself as a potential Marlon Davidson.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I like that his player comparison on 247 is the N. Fairley!!!!

Looks more like Marlon Davidson than Fairley imo

Boom! 4-star DE commits to Auburn over Vols

By Keith Niebuhr
9498788.jpeg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,off
Jay Hardy will be a Tiger. (Photo: Ryan Callahan, 247Sports)

Auburn's defensive line recruiting got a big boost Wednesday morning when 4-star end Jay Hardy of Chattanooga (Tenn.) McCallie School committed to the Tigers over in-state Tennessee.

The 6-feet-4, 290-pound Hardy is the No. 97 recruit in the country for 247Sports and checks in at No. 113 overall in the industry generated 247Sports Composite.

Hardy officially visited Tennessee two weekends ago, then took an official to Auburn last weekend. That was Hardy's third overall visit with the Tigers.

“It went great,” Hardy said. “I liked the atmosphere (at the game). I had a good experience with (Auburn buck) Derick Hall after the game, too. He was my player-host and got his first start. He told me (defensive line coach Rodney Garner) is going to push you until your breaking point. I had a lot of time with Coach (Gus) Malzahn and Coach G.,” Hardy said. “I talked to Coach Malzahn before the game and had breakfast with him Sunday morning. He said they can’t find any big guys like Marlon Davidson and how I could be just like him when he leaves. I think I could fit in tremendously, definitely be able to be a big bulk on the defensive line inside and out.”

Hardy is commitment No. 19 for Auburn, which jumped from No. 13 to No. 8 in the 247Sports recruiting team rankings with his verbal. His choice of Auburn came as a surprise to many. In the 247Sports Crystal Ball, all seven recorded predictions gave Tennessee the edge.

The Tigers now have two defensive linemen on the 2020 commitment list as Hardy joins Daniel Foster-Allen of Mobile (Ala.) St. Paul's Episcopal. The Tigers hope to add at least two more linemen to the class, with one being an edge rusher or buck linebacker type and another being a tackle.

To Hardy, Auburn defensive line coach Rodney Garner was a big key to this commitment.

“I feel like he tells me the truth about everything,” Hardy said. “I’ve talked to some of the players and they say he is straight-on, doesn’t lie about anything. He lets you know the truth. What he had at Georgia was crazy, Geno Atkins. And what he has now at Auburn. The whole D-line could go first round.”

According to Hardy, he plans to attend Auburn's upcoming home games against Georgia and Alabama.

A couple more notes here per Keith. We just flipped a Vols silent commit & as of 2 months ago Hardy wouldn't even take calls from AU. Great work all around by Coach G, Steele, Gus, & Levorn "Chop" Harbin (Director of Recruiting for AU).

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Gonna be really awesome having another big DE who can play any of at least 3 of the 4 positions along the DL.

FIFY

Did anyone watch the video? Kinda had that George Pickens feeling to it for UT guys I would imagine. The guy that spoke first reminded everyone Jay is a human being and to remember that after his choice....like he knew folks were going to be upset! I like it! WAR DAMN EAGLE!

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@abw0004 I don't think his post was directed to you or anyone in particular FWIW.

It was his facepalm on my post where I was being sarcastic.  I just wanted to make sure he knew I was actually praising CRG.

On 10/2/2019 at 10:28 AM, Zeek said:

YES PLEASE

Boom! Past version of me rejoice! This kid is a stud.

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

This guy is Marlon Davidson Jr. Really similar in size too (a little bigger). Gonna be really awesome having another big DE 

I was going to say the same . Great size . Huge pickup 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

A couple more notes here per Keith. We just flipped a Vols silent commit & as of 2 months ago Hardy wouldn't even take calls from AU. Great work all around by Coach G, Steele, Gus, & Levorn "Chop" Harbin (Director of Recruiting for AU).

So we flipped a silent commit and we got Hardy, or was he the silent vols  commit we flipped? I think it’s the latter but...

18 minutes ago, toddc said:

So we flipped a silent commit and we got Hardy, or was he the silent vols  commit we flipped? I think it’s the latter but...

The latter.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Beat me to it.

Great minds think alike anyway.  But Rodney has been in his prime for a while & I see no stop in him.  He can still relate to the players (unlike some older coaches).

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Time to show off the dance moves @Tiger taught me!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!! THIS WAS A BIIIIIG ONE!!!! WAR DAMN!!! LETS FREAKING GOOOOOOOO BAAAAAYBEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! lol. I FREAKING LOVE IT COACH G!!!! KEEP REELING EM IN!!!!!!

uiuiyu.gif

rewrew.gif

ghfghfghf.gif

65567567.gif

It brings a tear to my eye knowing I've been able to pull this type of dancing poetry out of you. Top 3 proudest achievement of mine at least. I didn't think I was even capable of something like this!! 

14 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It brings a tear to my eye knowing I've been able to pull this type of dancing poetry out of you. Top 3 proudest achievement of mine at least. I didn't think I was even capable of something like this!! 

giphy-9.gif

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

tbone:  You do realize what I was saying was sarcastic correct?  I was saying that because E and I were arguing with someone on here that stated Garner can no longer recruit and should be replaced.

I wasn't replying to your post. I was just posting.

So he committed to Auburn against virtually everybodys predictions days after attending "the end of civilization as we know it" Ole Miss game huh? Well well...

Good get back for Wanya

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

So he committed to Auburn against virtually everybodys predictions days after attending "the end of civilization as we know it" Ole Miss game huh? Well well...

Dont see why anyone would think our offense or the politics or whatever would affect the DLine. Garner is getting those boys to the league, every other position be damned

5 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

The score of that game was very deceiving. Ronnie Brown called it "strange" on the post game radio show.. AU pushed them around pretty good and rolled up the yards. Most recruits would have been favorably impressed.

I suppose those fans that bet on the game weren't happy, and the anti-Gus crowd wouldn't have been satisfied with 63-0 but most rational folks would have called it a good win. Georgia lost to a very similar team when South Carolina came to Athens. Auburn didn't lose.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

The score of that game was very deceiving. Ronnie Brown called it "strange" on the post game radio show.. AU pushed them around pretty good and rolled up the yards. Most recruits would have been favorably impressed.

I suppose those fans that bet on the game weren't happy, and the anti-Gus crowd wouldn't have been satisfied with 63-0 but most rational folks would have called it a good win. Georgia lost to a very similar team when South Carolina came to Athens. Auburn didn't lose.

It was not a great atmosphere for a recruit to go to a game if we all are being honest. That's what the poster is referring to. Or at least I thought that. Hordes of fans left early. Boring game. The fans that were there seemed subdued, dis interested and bored.Again it came across that way on TV. Not very loud. Booing at the end of the first half. One of the worst atmospheres in recent memory. The players complaining about the fans after the game on social media.

Thankfully RG and others pulled through!!!! War damn eagle!!! Huge pick up!!! We desperately needed this one. Wooooo!!!! Let's freaking go!!!!

Archived