2020 4* SDE Jay Hardy Signs With AU! (Update 1/18/20)

ellitor

10 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Not in this thread

But hey...

Thanks for reminding me what I said in another thread. I dont know what I would do without being reminded what I said somewhere else

Nothing better than clogging up the forums with the exact same post in different threads for no reason at all

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, aublaise said:

Ok, so now I am confused.  He signed and provided paperwork to AU during early signing period but neither AU or Hardy told anyone?  Just so he can announce with his teammates?   Or so our rivals waste their time pursuing him?

Barring something new & tangible coming out it looks like he wanted to go ahead & get his spot in December but yet have a formal ceremony with his teammates in February. Nothing wrong with that at all.

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I dont care if its Hardy, or Zach Evans. If a kid signs somewhere it needs to be public.

Not if the kid wants to go ahead & get his spot in December but yet have a formal ceremony with his teammates in February. Just because a kid's NLI was signed in December but not announced it doesn't mean they are playing games.

And the games Romello Height played on Miami disgusts me as well. 

This opinion has merit but it's water under the bridge now.

I am glad its come out that Hardy signed and his recruitment is officially over but I dont care for the games these kids play these days. 

I dont care if its Hardy, or Zach Evans. If a kid signs somewhere it needs to be public. And the games Romello Height played on Miami disgusts me as well. 

These games they play are for the birds. 

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I hate the games these kids play.

Hardy, Evans, and Height should be ashamed of themselves for the games they have played this cycle. 

Obscenely childish behavior from all 3. I'm truly astonished Gus let the Hardy situation play out the way it did...

Deja Vu all over again. 

Hardy didnt come out and admit that he had signed during the early signing period until the evidence was put at his feet. He denied it until a Tenn writer had to show him they had evidence he signed. 

Yeah. The UT writer had to steal the kid's moment. He wanted to go public in February with his teammates. Nothing wrong with that.

Just like Romello Height did to Miami coaches and fans. Swore he was all Cane up until minutes before he signed. 

It's not even remotely the same thing.

200.gif

Most here wont be too upset about either one since we were on the winning side of both events.

You must not have paid attention in December when the Height info came out. Many on every AU board said they didn't like the way he handled it.

These games are terrible. I'm no gus fan but I'm actually shocked Gus let them play these games..especially Hardy if he had already signed which it looks unequivocally like he did sign in December when he was away at that basketball tourney. I mean we have officially announced it now. I'm astonished Gus let that happen. As bad as his offense is, Gus runs a tight ship and shouldn't of let that nonsense go on when it comes to Hardy at the least.

You are way overreacting. You can get off your high horse anytime now.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I really think Coach Morris will be the missing piece of the pie to make the offense click on a regular basis if Gus can let him run the offense.

He's not. We need a well playing OL but that discussion is for the football forum.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's not. We need a well playing OL but that discussion is for the football forum.

sounds good by me!  Thanks and keep the good news coming my friend!

Hardy, Evans, and Height should be ashamed of themselves for the games they have played this cycle. 

Hardy should not be in the same sentence with the other 2. Height flipped on his commitment in a very poor way. And everything I've seen om Evans leads to me thinking he needs some counseling. So far on Hardy all we have gathered is he signed privately & wanted to go public with his teammates in February. In principle that's no different than a silent commit which happens all the time. If you think about it it's pretty unselfish to forego his moment alone to share it with his teammates. On the surface it looks like a TEAM type of move.

57 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Nothing better than clogging up the forums with the exact same post in different threads for no reason at all

And on different message boards.

56 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Barring something new & tangible coming out it looks like he wanted to go ahead & get his spot in December but yet have a formal ceremony with his teammates in February. Nothing wrong with that at all.

what happened that his signing got leaked?

3 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

what happened that his signing got leaked?

Per autiger07 on the bunker who is about as well connected as it gets on AU, UT staff told their beat writers something was off after he ignored them at his basketball game last night. He hasn’t spoken to them in weeks which has made the bama and UTk noise quite entertaining.

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I am glad its come out that Hardy signed and his recruitment is officially over but I dont care for the games these kids play these days. 

I dont care if its Hardy, or Zach Evans. If a kid signs somewhere it needs to be public. And the games Romello Height played on Miami disgusts me as well. 

These games they play are for the birds. 

What games has Hardy played? Seems he has been committed to Auburn. I don’t think it’s his fault other schools pursued in the last minute. Anyways, happy to have him and I wonder if he’ll crack the starting rotation next season 

52 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Kid did nothing wrong UT writer is a a hole..........................simple enough

Even more so because of the way he retweeted with a response To Auburn’s Twitter account announcing Hardy’s signing.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hardy should not be in the same sentence with the other 2. Height flipped on his commitment in a very poor way. And everything I've seen om Evans leads to me thinking he needs some counseling. So far on Hardy all we have gathered is he signed privately & wanted to go public with his teammates in February. In principle that's no different than a silent commit which happens all the time. If you think about it it's pretty unselfish to forego his moment alone to share it with his teammates. On the surface it looks like a TEAM type of move.

Totally agree. While I was seriously concerned that utk would wind up flipping him, Hardy was trying to do something with his HS teammates. Scorned typical vol pansy stole his moment. I can easily live with the delayed satisfaction. Hardy is absolutely a HUGE win for AU!

Here is my question about this.....

Once the LOI is signed it doesn't have to be reported obviously.....but when does it have to be placed into the LOI database online? It seems like I remember schools have 14 days to submit a player's LOI to the NCAA....so I guess if he signed Dec 18th....then it would have been in by Jan 1st. 

Follow up to that would be....Once said LOI is submitted to the NCAA compliance dept or whoever it goes to.....how long until they upload his info to this LOI database that coaches have access to?

I feel like there is a little merit to both sides of this coin. If I was a UT fan....and knowing everything I could understand why they are upset if his LOI wasn't in the database until Saturday which i what some of them are saying (have no idea if any validity to that...just speculation of angered UT fans). I also understand from our side being upset that a pissy UT beat writer ruined his moment. 

I wonder what type of communication JH had with UT staff and what he said to them. Was he vague and just said he hadn't signed just to protect his cover to reveal in his moment with his team? If so...I have no issue with that. On the other hand...if he went out of his way to mislead other schools....I am not a fan of it even though it happens all the time and we have been on the wrong side of that coin many times. 

All in all....I am ecstatic we can cross him off the checklist and can't wait to see him in the Orange and Blue. War Damn Jay and War Damn Eagle.

Lol At Pruitt & the UT staff...

On Saturday afternoon, news broke that Jay Hardy, a 4-star defensive lineman from Chattanooga, had officially signed with Auburn. Almost a month after the Early Signing Period, Hardy’s signature had seemingly finally come in for the Tigers and ended the rumors that he would eventually go with his in-state team in the Volunteers, who had still been courting him over the last month.

If Tennessee’s coaching staff would have been paying attention, that recruiting would have ended on Dec. 18, 2019.

According to a source, the fact that Hardy had signed with the Tigers had been public information to coaches since last month as it was visible in the NCAA compliance portal.

Were the Vols coaches privy to the fact that they could just look it up? Nope.  Did they continue to visit Hardy, with the recruit possibly telling them that his signature was still available? Most likely.

Yet the game continued and, the fact of the matter is, this all falls on the Tennessee coaching staff.

How is it possible that none of them knew that a place existed where they could simply look to see if a player had signed? That must be shocking to a large group of fans of the Volunteers. Each coach is given a sign-in and password for the site so he can keep track of where someone has possibly signed.

If they knew the site existed, which is doubtful, did it not come up once to check? What is going on inside the halls in Knoxville? Is Jeremy Pruitt awake?

While Hardy wasn’t exactly truthful with the coaching staff in Knoxville, it is hard to blame a kid for wanting more attention during the recruiting process.

In the end, the Volunteers’ staff comes across badly, as if they are ill-prepared in the recruiting process while Auburn knew for a month that they had him signed, didn’t let on and now have a top recruit coming to campus.

tenor.gif?itemid=14071016

10 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

but when does it have to be placed into the LOI database online?

Don't know but doesn't matter. Appears the UT staff is too dumb to check the NLI database.

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It seems like I remember schools have 14 days to submit a player's LOI to the NCAA....so I guess if he signed Dec 18th....then it would have been in by Jan 1st. 

I think they get posted the day they come in to the university.

13 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Follow up to that would be....Once said LOI is submitted to the NCAA compliance dept or whoever it goes to.....how long until they upload his info to this LOI database that coaches have access to?

Again LMAO at UT.

14 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I feel like there is a little merit to both sides of this coin. If I was a UT fan....and knowing everything I could understand why they are upset if his LOI wasn't in the database until Saturday which i what some of them are saying (have no idea if any validity to that...just speculation of angered UT fans).

The only thing UT fans can be upset about is their staff not checking the database or not knowing to.

16 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I wonder what type of communication JH had with UT staff and what he said to them.

None. Recruits can't communicate at all with other schools when their NLI is submitted to the school they signed with.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Don't know but doesn't matter. Appears the UT staff is too dumb to check the NLI database.

I think they get posted the day they come in to the university. If that is true, which I would imagine so, then UT is ridiculously lackadaisical when it comes to recruiting. My goodness. Makes me laugh at all the new Turd fans claiming Proot going to to come to Bama after Lil Nicky retires. I hope so lol. 

Again LMAO at UT. AGREE!

The only thing UT fans can be upset about is their staff not checking the database or not knowing to. Since you have cleared up the things I asked about ....I agree. I thought Jay had been in contact with the coaching staff at UT. I know we just got out of dead period, but even before that. 

None. Recruits can't communicate at all with other schools when their NLI is submitted to the school they signed with. See ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks @ellitor for clearing that up. With all that info, I find it funny as hell now. I also think how mad I would be if we were on the other side of this.....but not so much at Jay...but our Coaching Staff. My goodness...how do you miss that? LOL> If I was recruiting players especially players committed to another university, I would check that list every day to make sure my time and resources aren't wasted. 

• WarTiger changed the title to 2020 4* SDE Jay Hardy Signs With AU! (Update 1/18/20)

He was committed to Auburn anyway...it’s risky to try and poach other school’s commits.  Doesn’t UT know what the word “commit” means? 😆

He literally said all he wanted to do was wait and sign with his teammates and somebody still had to go and ruin it for him smh still WDE though 

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

He literally said all he wanted to do was wait and sign with his teammates

...and some here raked him over the coals

Archived