AU/FL - game day suggestions

AUGIRL23

War Eagle everyone. This will be my first time visiting the Swamp for a game. Does anyone have suggestions on where to park or any other tips for getting around? Anyone setting up tailgates? Any tips are appreciated! 

Mods: if this post isn’t allowed please delete or move. :) 

I'm going and I'm worried about parking. We went to the last AU vs UF basketball game in Gainesville and parking was terrible. I hate the idea of being on campus 6 hours before kick but it might be needed in this case.

21 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Our UF friends told us to park at Shands Medical Center parking deck. 🙂

They say which parking deck? On google there appears to be several scattered about.

1 hour ago, HuskerMarineinFL said:

I'll be there...

Is there a color of choice for fan wear for an away game at the swamp? I imagine Gator fans will be in Orange, so mostly Blue & White?

So according to the Alumni Association’s Facebook post, FL is promoting this as their wear blue game. So they said to wear orange. I’m wearing both lol. 

17 hours ago, AUGIRL23 said:

War Eagle everyone. This will be my first time visiting the Swamp for a game. Does anyone have suggestions on where to park or any other tips for getting around? Anyone setting up tailgates? Any tips are appreciated! 

Mods: if this post isn’t allowed please delete or move. :)

I'll be heading there too! Last time I went to the Swamp it was to see Mizzou actually stomp the Gators and fan expectations were low (my wife was heated). We usually find pretty cheap parking and walk a little bit. We're leaving in the morning and coming back that same night so I don't think we'll get to tailgate or stop for a bite but the campus is pretty to walk around. The areas off campus are kind of meh though.

https://floridagators.com/sports/2015/12/10/_facilities_parking_football_.aspx

The pink buildings on the map are for public general parking.

Don't drink north of University Avenue unless you want a ticket.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I'll be heading there too! Last time I went to the Swamp it was to see Mizzou actually stomp the Gators and fan expectations were low (my wife was heated). We usually find pretty cheap parking and walk a little bit. We're leaving in the morning and coming back that same night so I don't think we'll get to tailgate or stop for a bite but the campus is pretty to walk around. The areas off campus are kind of meh though.

https://floridagators.com/sports/2015/12/10/_facilities_parking_football_.aspx

The pink buildings on the map are for public general parking.

Don't drink north of University Avenue unless you want a ticket.

Thanks! Yeah I’m in Jax so my brother and I are just heading down for the game too. 

2 hours ago, AUGIRL23 said:

So according to the Alumni Association’s Facebook post, FL is promoting this as their wear blue game. So they said to wear orange. I’m wearing both lol. 

I usually try to wear what AU asks. But sitting in the sun at Gainesville means I'm wearing white. 

40 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

People in the know-

Any idea if we will have a Tiger Walk or where the team will go into the stadium? TIA

1:30 Eastern, Gates 15 - 16.

College roomie got us 40 yd line seats to this one!

Catch early lunch at either Burrito Bros (if you dont mind standing in line it's worth it) or Leonardos across the street (order the garlic rolls - you'll feel your arteries hardening but man are they great, especially after the garlic butter they're floating in starts to congeal. 🙂👍

Archived