Auburn Volleyball

Mikey

4 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Congrats on the win….is this Auburn’s first win ever in post season???? Who and when do they play next?

May be their 2nd win ever.  They've only had 2 appearances

Play Houston next, probably tomorrow

Edited by AUBwins

@AUBwins, I didn't know there was a thread that anyone was paying attention to for volleyball. My wife, daughter, and I were all watching and cheering them on! They are a great, young team that has a lot of potential. I'll be sure to check this thread out as the rest of the postseason goes on. 

Heck, I was excited when we won the 2nd set.  I figured if we won a set that would be an accomplishment.  Then then to win the match in 5 sets....wow.  Proud of you ladies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Browning4AU said:

@AUBwins, I didn't know there was a thread that anyone was paying attention to for volleyball. My wife, daughter, and I were all watching and cheering them on! They are a great, young team that has a lot of potential. I'll be sure to check this thread out as the rest of the postseason goes on. 

Volleyball is a great sport!  For parents with young daughters I highly recommend , and best of all. It’s indoors!!

Edited by TXaubie

1 hour ago, Browning4AU said:

That was the first time I've watched them all year lol.  Wanted to make sure I saw them.  With it sandwich the basketball game, watched a little of first set, then tuned in for the final.  Kudos to Crouch.  He's brought the talent in short order.  Can't guarantee I'll lead a thread but if I'm watching, I'll chime in.  

5 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Volleyball is a great sport!  For parents with young daughters I highly recommend , and best of all. It’s indoors!!

It's big here in Central Kentucky.  My daughter despises it 😆 . She's playing basketball though.  

8 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

My daughter plays in HS. She loves it and consequentially, my wife and I do too. I have been lucky enough to get stationed here (Maxwell AFB - Gunter Annex) and (God willing) we'll be able to retire in river region Alabama. 

• Like 1

Noticed on stats that a couple of differences seemed to be in Blocks AU 14 - CU 6 and Errors AU 20  - CU 31.  Creighton was without their All American setter who got injured a week ago.  Giving credit where credit is due, they had an outstanding match from outside hitter (Norah Sis) who had 30 kills and 13 digs.

I sometimes like to look at a "hometown" newspaper article.  Article from Omaha World-Herald:

https://omaha.com/sports/college/creighton/no-4-seed-creighton-volleyball-shocked-by-auburn-in-opening-round/article_73e253de-71d5-11ed-9e1f-2f5dbe5cae40.html

Edited by slot canyon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Browning4AU said:

My daughter plays in HS. She loves it and consequentially, my wife and I do too. I have been lucky enough to get stationed here (Maxwell AFB - Gunter Annex) and (God willing) we'll be able to retire in river region Alabama. 

Nice!!  First time my daughter ever touched a volleyball was in jr. High try outs. She was blessed with great hand eye coordination. So at that stage you can imagine. She did well!! Having never played myself. I couldn’t teach her anything. So as I’m sure you are fully aware. We spent what would probably be a small fortune by now for her to play. Every weekend traveling the state just me and her. Watching her compete. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

It's big here in Central Kentucky.  My daughter despises it 😆 . She's playing basketball though.  

Son plays basketball. It’s Still indoors!!! As I’m walking thru the parking lot and looking at all the parents freezing their buns off watching their kids play soccer. Whole time I’m thinking thank goodness mine picked indoor sports!!

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Son plays basketball. It’s Still indoors!!! As I’m walking thru the parking lot and looking at all the parents freezing their buns off watching their kids play soccer. Whole time I’m thinking thank goodness mine picked indoor sports!!

May have to walk (or drive) through snow and ice to get to the gym, but nice to be able to warm up while in there lol

• Love 1

1 hour ago, slot canyon said:

Noticed on stats that a couple of differences seemed to be in Blocks AU 14 - CU 6 and Errors AU 20  - CU 31.  Creighton was without their All American setter who got injured a week ago.  Giving credit where credit is due, they had an outstanding match from outside hitter (Norah Sis) who had 30 kills and 13 digs.

I sometimes like to look at a "hometown" newspaper article.  Article from Omaha World-Herald:

https://omaha.com/sports/college/creighton/no-4-seed-creighton-volleyball-shocked-by-auburn-in-opening-round/article_73e253de-71d5-11ed-9e1f-2f5dbe5cae40.html

I understand why they call it a kill after watching that Creighton girl.  My goodness the ball was hit so hard it bounced all the way back out of bounds where the girl got the ball lol.  

Any way to post the article script so we don't have to pay the newspaper subscription?

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I understand why they call it a kill after watching that Creighton girl.  My goodness the ball was hit so hard it bounced all the way back out of bounds where the girl got the ball lol.  

Any way to post the article script so we don't have to pay the newspaper subscription?

Sometimes it will open by selecting a second or third time.  Otherwise try to Google "Creighton Volleyball" and the link should pop up that will likely allow access.  

• Thanks 1

At this time, I believe the SEC has 5 teams remaining in the tournament.  Tennessee lost 1st round match and Georgia lost to #1 Texas in 2nd round match.  Remaining are KY, Ark, Fla, LSU and AU.  They all play today.  LSU plays Stanford and the winner plays the winner of the AU - Houston contest.  The regionals are played Dec. 8th and 10th.

One of the most incredible sequences that I recall.  A look at Houston here, whom we play tonight. 

Houston on the left side in this clip. 

Edited by AUBwins

8 hours ago, TXaubie said:

Nice!!  First time my daughter ever touched a volleyball was in jr. High try outs. She was blessed with great hand eye coordination. So at that stage you can imagine. She did well!! Having never played myself. I couldn’t teach her anything. So as I’m sure you are fully aware. We spent what would probably be a small fortune by now for her to play. Every weekend traveling the state just me and her. Watching her compete. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

Definitely understand. This will be our first year in club ball here in Alabama. My daughter played club while we were in San Antonio. Once we moved here, there was only one club that we knew of and EXTREMELY expensive. Now it seems like the sport is picking up in the area and there are a couple of options. We are definitely looking forward to it. 

• Love 1

Auburn just made a heck of a comeback, down 13-19 at one point to win the first set against 5 seed Houston, 27-25. Fought off 2 match points to do it. 

Auburn getting smoked in Game 2.  Making a little noise now but down 21 - 10

Tigers won't go easily.  5 straight points.  Now down 13-21. Timeout by Houston to slow them down

Timeout worked.  Service error kills run by Auburn strikes back.