Florida - Game Thread

dyehardfanAU

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I still think Gus is having an overall great year but it doesn’t look like he has a switch up if the running game is outmatched

He's barely tried to establish it though. Had it goin with Kam there 1 series

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AubWes33 said:

Have we ran any run plays with pulling lineman? Can't remember. That has worked really well for us this year so far. 

Yes but the D push up the middle has hoses us

Keep Seth in the slot. He’s hurting them from there. 

Just now, mustache eagle said:

Oh I agree with you.  I’m bothered more by putting nix in a bad spot.  I’m not wanting to give up on the pass.  I think we’ve got to keep trying to pound it so the pass plays you mention will be more effective.  But the next play I coach will be my first.

Cheers to that. Almost anything is better than what we’ve been doing! It’s predictable and frustrating. 

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

We’ve ran it. Florida is stopping it so far 

Yea..something like just 20 yards. If that stays the same we will lose. It has to change somehow. And I do not have the answer. Except to say, I am afraid we (AU) really did not respect UF and are not ready to play.

3 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

You’ve been quick to always bash Bo in nearly every game thread but do you honestly think Gus has called a good game plan playcalling wise?    Bo will succeed when he’s put in good positions to succeed.  

If you can post one quote of me "bashing" Bo I'll send you 1,000 dollars. But what people have noticed about you is anybody messes up they shouldn't be on the field but you're highly sensitive to Bo for whatever reason. I don't want to argue about Bo. I don't care, if he messes up he does. If he does well that is always pointed out as well. It's called being a QB

7 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Yeah that throw to Seth was a bad throw, right?  Sigh.  The HC is not calling a good game at all.   

I didn't say it was, did I? If you actually go back to my post I commented on it being a great throw. However, we're talking about people not wanting to give the same criticisms to Bo as we give to every other player on the team. Your quote was that "His mistake could have cost us the game" when you were talking about Tutt. However, Bo's interception directly led to a TD for Florida and you didn't say a damn word about him being benched. 

If you're going to say Tutt should be benched you should say the same thing about EVERY other player that makes a mistake. 

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Shoutouts to Shivers holding himself 1 vs 3 during pregames 

we gotta win this game for the Florida boys 

As fast as he is on his feet plus that low center of gravity i doubt they really wanted to see those hands lol

1 minute ago, atl-tiger said:

He's barely tried to establish it though. Had it goin with Kam there 1 series

Yes for 7 or 8 yards...the OL must get their head in the game now!

2 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Yeah that throw to Seth was a bad throw, right?  Sigh.  The HC is not calling a good game at all.   

It's one throw. Bo and Coach are a dollar short so far today. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I know bo needs to work on things, it’s obvious, the guy is 6 games into his college career.

If that's all you took from that ok lol. There's not too many on here that's down on Bo. He'll be ok. 

Their DL is better than our OL by a bit.  We’ve got to be able to work around that.  Maybe a max protect and a bomb to Schwartz or max protect and let white lightening have a couple short oppos 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

If you can post one quote of me "bashing" Bo I'll send you 1,000 dollars. But what people have noticed about you is anybody messes up they shouldn't be on the field but you're highly sensitive to Bo for whatever reason. I don't want to argue about Bo. I don't care, if he messes up he does. If he does well that is always pointed out as well. It's called being a QB

As usual, you ignore the most pivotal part of my post, please tell me that Gus has put Bo in a position to succeed.  It’s like everyone who is so critical of Bo expects him to overcome bad play calls and 3rd and longs.  Not going to happen.  

Tired of us not capitalizing on field position and turnovers. If they score when they come out this is over.

Just now, cole256 said:

If that's all you took from that ok lol. There's not too many on here that's down on Bo. He'll be ok. 

No, I took that u felt that people weren’t able to criticize bo, which I said of course there were things that bo needs to work on. I mean if you took that from my response then ok

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

And plenty of people have; yes bo needs to be held accountable, needs to settle down, work on his footwork, etc. bo is also in his 6th game of college football too

Yes, he's a freshman but if we're going to call for people to be benched on this thread for a mistake, then those people need to be consistent in their criticisms. That's the only thing I'm getting frustrated with. Bo is having a bad game and the same people who are calling to bench people aren't saying the same damn thing about Bo. When can we stop using the "freshman" argument as a cover-up for multiple overthrows?

How did Trask not tear all ligaments and dislocate his knee...I will never know but good for him.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

I didn't say it was, did I? If you actually go back to my post I commented on it being a great throw. However, we're talking about people not wanting to give the same criticisms to Bo as we give to every other play on the team. You're quote was that "His mistake could have cost us the game" when you were talking about Tutt. However, Bo's interception directly led to a TD for Florida and you didn't say a damn word about him being benched. 

If you're going to say Tutt should be benched you should say the same thing about EVERY other player that makes a mistake. 

Ok so here is the main difference, if a QB throws however many times in a season if he comes away with 3 interceptions and one of those comes against an elite defense on a game with questionable playcalling compare that with a Punt Returner who is trying to direct other people and ignores the cardinal rule of either catching it or getting out of the way.  One is a complete boneheaded play.  

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Bo is a badass, even allowing that he might not be leathered enough to put this one on his back. It's no insult to Bo for us to say he aint ready for this one. I'm with you.

Archived