Joey Gatewood usage

WFE12

41 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I was just joking.  But not everyone has a sense of humor.

Hey brother, hope all is well.

I still think it is up to our defense.  Need Brown to run hundred yards.  We need the defensive scores!  

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Not if he came in for short yardage situations. Barely takes anything for him. Should be a no-brainer situation.

In the first half the Florida Front seven wanted it more.  They whipped the offense.  We had three guys giving ground to two guys on a lot of our run plays.  We got stuffed when we had numbers!  

24 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

And  @AUBwins tells me, there's a BYE Lookalike thread. I don't have the courage to go all out...or is it all-in?  🤣😢

Probably best not to start it tonight lol 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Probably best not to start it tonight lol 

Agreed. I will not be able to put what I might want to, no matter which night it starts. I would need a BYE WEEK myself were it to start tonight, and I may still need one. 

18 minutes ago, AURocketman said:

Hey brother, hope all is well.

I still think it is up to our defense.  Need Brown to run hundred yards.  We need the defensive scores!  

Doing okay Rocketman, thank you!

Yes, when Brown was tackled by that grass snake, I had a bad feeling about the upcoming series.

The Defense certainly wasn't perfect but 5 ....FIVE... turnovers (and weren't pretty much all of them on the UF side of the field?) with virtually nothing to show for it.  The Offense needs to carry the Defenses bags until this is corrected.

1 hour ago, jptiger said:

Joey Gatewood is not the second coming of Cam Newton. We will win a bunch of games and probably championships with Nix. Some have it. Some don’t.  Nix has it. He is a freshman and played like it today. Get ready for next week. 

who's next week?

34 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Honestly, "next week" threw me, too. Thanks for clarifying. 

They didn't throw me.

I just figured that a guy/gal with Cousin Eddie as an avatar would have picked up on the humor.

But, I admit, humor can be an aquired taste.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Doing okay Rocketman, thank you!

Yes, when Brown was tackled by that grass snake, I had a bad feeling about the upcoming series.

The Defense certainly wasn't perfect but 5 ....FIVE... turnovers (and weren't pretty much all of them on the UF side of the field?) with pretty much nothing to show for it.  The Offense needs to carry the Defenses bags until this is corrected.

Agree.  Was thinking Brown needs to work on handing off!  Could be part of a defensive sweep play.

Glad to hear you are doing well. 

Joey Gatewood is not the second coming of Cam Newton. We will win a bunch of games and probably championships with Nix. Some have it. Some don’t.  Nix has it. He is a freshman and played like it today. Get ready for next week. 

What does Nix have exactly?

You probably correct everyone's spelling on Twitter too. Everybody loves that guy. 

You seem to need a lot of correcting.

Gus was coaching not to lose instead of coaching to win. As for Gatewood, I sure hope he doesn't get frustrated to the point where he wants to transfer. We really do need Joey to stay as an Auburn Tiger. His time will come.

2 minutes ago, agent_jack said:

What does Nix have exactly?

Hopefully what he has now is the absolute WORSE game of his college career behind him now.

Just now, ChltteTiger said:

Hopefully what he has now is the absolute WORSE game of his college career behind him now.

I surely hope so. Gus and the O line didn’t do the young man any favors, but I’ve seen him miss a plethora of throws that even serviceable QBs could make...   Hopefully he and Gus can correct that.

9 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

who's next week?

Brigham Young East. :dunno:

1 hour ago, auskip07 said:

kinda playing the ole everyone knows what hes running card  isnt it? 

Doesn't matter...That's gonna happen regardless. They know we're gonna run it up the middle..Why not use the best option for that for short yardage.

Not using Gatewood at all was just part of an overall horrible offensive game plan. It was one of the worst I´ve seen in quite some time.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Ya think?  (Not at you, WFE.)

Gus reverted back to play calling of last few years. That will get us beat against a good defense. He can't get it through his head that we have a slightly above average OL. If we had used play action on some of the 3rd and shorts I believe it would have resulted in some 3rd down conversions. We just played right into their hands. It wouldn't have helped with Joey if he handed off to Boobie as instructed.  Bo had a  bad game so I do think Joey deserves a shot. Nix's overthrows really hurt. The teams were pretty even but their QB was more accurate. Bo is obviously a better runner. Our defensive front is better but their DBs are better.  They go for the ball and make ints. Our guys don't go for the ball. They go for the WRs.

He’s not used because our coach is a stubborn incompetent moron. If he doesn’t transfer it’ll be a shock. Though, who knows, maybe he’ll like the new coach.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Holy s*** at least lie and make up an excuse. He’s either asleep at the wheel or ******* stupid 

Zero carries for Worm, DJ, Stove, Miller, Joiner.

Also, we had plenty of 4 wide receiver sets where guys like Joiner and Nigh were out wide serving no purpose. Gus was playing connect 4 while Mullen player chess.

3 hours ago, WarEagleChemE said:

It's a dilemma. Bo Nix is a true freshman, so that can be invoked as a shield whenever he has a game like today. It calls into question: as a true freshman, is there a limit to his performance to where he could possibly be benched?

...at which point we would be ready to lynch Gus for destroying his confidence. 

Lose, lose for Gus.

Archived