The Blame

AUght2win

12 hours ago, gr82be said:

Yes I was speaking to everyone. No self-righteousness involved in my thread. A good poster with great input was run off by a poster who apparently couldn't care less. That's what prompted my thread. Disagreement doesn't bother me but yes, disrespect does. The poster was very disrespectful to JMR. 

I saw the post from that guy to JMR (it think). am i missing some history between those two? the comment was douche bag level for sure, but it seesm i have read way worse on this board.

:gofig:

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, fasttimes said:

I saw the post from that guy to JMR (it think). am i missing some history between those two? the comment was douche bag level for sure, but it seesm i have read way worse on this board.

No, Kolchak has been coming in very hot towards anyone who criticizes Bo and as far as I know he has been throwing some hot takes around as of late.

there are a few posters here that lash out at gus supporters as well as gus when we lose a game because we are part of the problem. in fact we are not part of the problem we are just loyal and want to support the team during the season. we have no say so on keeping gus or getting him fired. none. we are just loyal. it is just that simple.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I get what you are saying but the only thing I will disagree with mainly will be AU64.  I feel like he gets a lot worse rap than he deserves.  You can disagree and to be cordial.  A good example is how you and I interact I think.  I hope you can agree that you and I interact pretty well.  AU64 does the same.  He never singles anyone out to feel ashamed.  And there are certain posters to actually do attack him personally when it was uncalled for.  Some headhunt him.

At the end of the day, yes it is a message board but you never know who is really behind that keyboard.  Maybe they do take things personally even when they say they don't.  Maybe this forum is their escape.  On the flip side, maybe that person had a really bad day and said some things on here that they shouldn't.  In this day and age of mental health awareness everything interprets things different.  It all boils down to how you say it.

A great example is @DAG.  I know you weren't on here when I first joined but he and I hated each other.  It was bad.  I even saved a PM from him when I reached out to him to patch things up back when and he said "you was not worth my time responding to."  I can say this in good fun because of our good relationship now.  It all stemmed from how he wrote his posts, and they are night and day different from today.  If in your first response is the word somewhere "idiot" the recipient of the message will automatically draw up defenses.  In DAG's case, it may have been him getting married and having a child that calmed him down but today he and I are best buds on here.  Even Facebook friends.

A final example is, if I responded to you saying I disagreed, would you rather me say "That is an idiotic line of thinking" OR "I think you are incorrect."  The first way would cause a fight more than likely.  The second would lead to a positive discussion.  I personally would much rather like the second phrase.  Does this make sense?  I will try to end this with a funny way of showing how the tone sets everything because it's Friday and we all should have a great way to start the day:

erer.jpg

I agree with most of what you are saying here. We’ll agree to disagree on 64 because of my past experience with him. As far as how I would prefer someone respond I guess it really doesn’t bother me on here. I mean, in real life it might but in real life I don’t have an ignore button lol. On here if I get tired of someone I just hit that ignore and after some time I will take them off and see what happens. I just don’t take anything personally on a message board. I feel like this board in particular, for all its good traits, has a lot of folks who take themselves waaaaaaay too seriously.  At the end of the day its a board. I feel like most of us would get along fine at a tailgate but this aint that. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

With a sophomore QB standing behind a totally green OL

Just instigating an early start for next year. Did you mean sophomore or redshirt sophomore?:roflol:

31 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

There has been worse posted but I'm guessing that what was said was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back. 

1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I agree with most of what you are saying here. We’ll agree to disagree on 64 because of my past experience with him. As far as how I would prefer someone respond I guess it really doesn’t bother me on here. I mean, in real life it might but in real life I don’t have an ignore button lol. On here if I get tired of someone I just hit that ignore and after some time I will take them off and see what happens. I just don’t take anything personally on a message board. I feel like this board in particular, for all its good traits, has a lot of folks who take themselves waaaaaaay too seriously.  At the end of the day its a board. I feel like most of us would get along fine at a tailgate but this aint that. 

Nothing wrong with that at all.  For me, I hold myself to a certain standard on here because I intentionally made my username really easy to figure out who I am in real life if someone really wanted to find out (those that attended Auburn know exactly where I got my username).  So I need to act like someone who knows me, much less a client of mine, is reading this very message and I do not want my image tarnished.  Now, how I interact is who I genuinely am anyways.  What you see is the real me, no fake personality.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Just instigating an early start for next year. Did you mean sophomore or redshirt sophomore?:roflol:

I knew it!!!!! I knew I was not the only one thinking that Cord Sandberg will be AU's starting QB next season. Bring in the Lefty!!!! 

4 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

You're not wrong.....at all

On 10/10/2019 at 8:57 PM, nixtosanders94 said:

And i’ve never bashed a player, and i’ve seen few who do. A lot of the things the anti Gus crowd are accused of never happened.

we had a white linebacker a few years back that caught hell on here. he was dogged so bad a handful of people pretty much cheered when he graduated. and he had family on here and they left horrified. and for the record i am not being racist i just did not want to put his name out there and telling what race he was pretty much tells folks who he was. and i would be interested in what accusations against the downers never happened?

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

we had a white linebacker a few years back that caught hell on here. he was dogged so bad a handful of people pretty much cheered when he graduated. and he had family on here and they left horrified. and for the record i am not being racist i just did not want to put his name out there and telling what race he was pretty much tells folks who he was. and i would be interested in what accusations against the downers never happened?

I remember that guy hahah. He was not the best that’s for sure

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

i agree bless his heart. but did he not make a game winning tackle in one of our games his last season? my memory fails me dag.

Posters are constantly negative, mean, condescending, and abrasive, and this is exactly why this forum is no longer enjoyable. Other people post less because they are just sick of it. The fact that some of you can't take a step back and take a breather from the Gus hate and the bullying of other posters is pretty revealing. It spotlights where the problem really is.  

I don't care if it is just a football forum.....it still matters how posters interact with each other. This has Auburn's name attached to it, and media hacks read here ans sometimes copy posts verbatim...with no credit given of course. It really is pathetic when grown men want to belittle college kids....many of them still teenagers. 

It is possible to dislike or disagree with a coach or a player, or a poster, and still be respectful, and mindful of what is posted in a public forum. Some of you think anonymity gives you free reign to be hateful and cruel. That's never acceptable. And it sure does ruin the forum for the rest of us.  

Gus haters enjoy their misery way too much on a daily basis, and insist that it gets discussed over and over and over with no end in sight.  A win is never good enough and can't be enjoyed, and a loss gives them way more satisfaction. 

These are very strange times here, and not in a good way either.

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

He was playing injured during his entire Auburn career, and it limited his abilities. He is a very good guy who gave it all he had.

People here were very cruel.

43 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I’m fairly certain I know which LB you’re referring to. It would’ve been before my time on here and if people on here did that then  that is super wrong and I would never condone it. In my relatively short time on here I have seen no player bashing at all and would never participate if there was. 

Wouldn't occur to me that you were being racist btw. 

I don't wanna get into a back and forth here because it just ain’t worth it but I see posts a lot from pumpers who say things like “ wow this board is off the rails over one loss” and things like that. First, knowing full well that those who are not happy with Gus are pointing to more than one loss. Then they will accuse “downers” of saying all these terrible things when in reality all they did was dare to point out Gus’s record. 

If a “downer” , a term I find hilarious btw, participates in any player bashing or saying horrible things like wishing harm on the coaching staff I categorically reject that behavior. That said, I can only speak for what I have seen and I don’t pretend to scroll thru and read every post. And from what I’ve seen, its usually a case of a downer pointing out a legitimate point about Gus’s record and a pumper responding by questioning their fandom and/or accusing them of being a bammer and/or calling them spoiled/entitled and /or accusing them of having a terrible life in which they are always negative (as if they could possibly know that) and/or a smartass “well who would you hire”? 

Certainly, there are examples of bad behavior from downers, and yeah I’m sure I have gone overboard myself, but there are just as many if not more examples of pumpers instigating an argument with snarkiness.

I respect you fitty so this is in no way intended to begin an argument.

18 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Posters are constantly negative, mean, condescending, and abrasive, and this is exactly why this forum is no longer enjoyable. Other people post less because they are just sick of it. The fact that some of you can't take a step back and take a breather from the Gus hate and the bullying of other posters is pretty revealing. It spotlights where the problem really is.  

I don't care if it is just a football forum.....it still matters how posters interact with each other. This has Auburn's name attached to it, and media hacks read here ans sometimes copy posts verbatim...with no credit given of course. It really is pathetic when grown men want to belittle college kids....many of them still teenagers. 

It is possible to dislike or disagree with a coach or a player, or a poster, and still be respectful, and mindful of what is posted in a public forum. Some of you think anonymity gives you free reign to be hateful and cruel. That's never acceptable. And it sure does ruin the forum for the rest of us.  

Gus haters enjoy their misery way too much on a daily basis, and insist that it gets discussed over and over and over with no end in sight.  A win is never good enough and can't be enjoyed, and a loss gives them way more satisfaction. 

These are very strange times here, and not in a good way either.

If its no longer enjoyable...why still come here just to tell people they are bad? Not intended to be disrespectful but a legitimate question? 

16 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

He was playing injured during his entire Auburn career, and it limited his abilities. He is a very good guy who gave it all he had.

The folks who were cruel, are they still on here? Were they banned? I’m just wondering if there were consequences.

19 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

He was injured? I did not know that. What I will say is he did play his best sometimes your best is just not enough. I remember he seem to lack speed and instinct which is not particularly good for his position , at this conference. He seem to have high IQ though and was able to call out the defenses which was valuable. 

Blame is clearly on the Gus lovers and haters.  One side is putting too much pressure on them and the other is hurting their feelings, affecting their performances.

I am sick and tired of the people who use this, “you are for or against mentality. “

there has been lots of great conversation going on this year, probably the best ever, but it is getting ruined by those that think no criticism is allowed at anything/ one Auburn.  

Auburn is not perfect, anyone who has attended would agree with this with one word: parking.   Joke.

Those hoping for losses, well that is just not acceptable in my book. But these people are a handful at best.

i honestly believe that most come to this forum to discuss what happened.  We celebrate the great plays and things that went well.  However, figuring out went went wrong or where we can get better is always gonna be the focal point because that is not only us the fans hope, but is also the teams objective.  This is not being haters, but just fans wanting to be great.

nobody hates Gus, they may hate his coaching decisions, etc, but not once has anyone hated on his person on this board that I am aware of.  

soap box over

31 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I’m fairly certain I know which LB you’re referring to. It would’ve been before my time on here and if people on here did that then  that is super wrong and I would never condone it. In my relatively short time on here I have seen no player bashing at all and would never participate if there was. 

Wouldn't occur to me that you were being racist btw. 

I don't wanna get into a back and forth here because it just ain’t worth it but I see posts a lot from pumpers who say things like “ wow this board is off the rails over one loss” and things like that. First, knowing full well that those who are not happy with Gus are pointing to more than one loss. Then they will accuse “downers” of saying all these terrible things when in reality all they did was dare to point out Gus’s record. 

If a “downer” , a term I find hilarious btw, participates in any player bashing or saying horrible things like wishing harm on the coaching staff I categorically reject that behavior. That said, I can only speak for what I have seen and I don’t pretend to scroll thru and read every post. And from what I’ve seen, its usually a case of a downer pointing out a legitimate point about Gus’s record and a pumper responding by questioning their fandom and/or accusing them of being a bammer and/or calling them spoiled/entitled and /or accusing them of having a terrible life in which they are always negative (as if they could possibly know that) and/or a smartass “well who would you hire”? 

Certainly, there are examples of bad behavior from downers, and yeah I’m sure I have gone overboard myself, but there are just as many if not more examples of pumpers instigating an argument with snarkiness.

I respect you fitty so this is in no way intended to begin an argument.

we might disagree on some things nix but i stand by your right to post your honest point of view. i bitch but i never tell anyone what to post. and i will admit some of the criticisms are spot on.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

I hated the criticism that he got.  He gave 100% effort and loved this University through and through.  He started because he was the best on the roster and the coaches failed to recruit a more talented player.  It wasn't his fault he wasn't fast enough to play the position.  He put in the work to be the best he could be.

The same goes for our center position now.  He has put in the work to be the best he can be and nobody can beat him out.  

These are recruiting/coaching issues

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I hated the criticism that he got.  He gave 100% effort and loved this University through and through.  He started because he was the best on the roster and the coaches failed to recruit a more talented player.  It wasn't his fault he wasn't fast enough to play the position.  He put in the work to be the best he could be.

The same goes for our center position now.  He has put in the work to be the best he can be and nobody can beat him out.  

These are recruiting/coaching issues

he also played hurt some too i think? but yes the big complaint against him was he was slow. but anyway those are mostly the cats i speak out against. or ones that are dishonest in their complaints. it was stated last year by many on the team that is was a distraction. and the downers basically said they were sissies and should not be playing if it bothered them that much. i got pounded pretty good when i posted that article.  it was then when i wondered if some fans on here really loved auburn. and thus it began.........

1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

If its no longer enjoyable...why still come here just to tell people they are bad? Not intended to be disrespectful but a legitimate question? 

NixToSanders, this isn't aimed at you, but you pose a good question so I'd like to try and answer.  At least from the perspective of posters like me...

It's probably because every single other board out there on the net goes by the "gladiator rules" of Go ahead and be disrespectful jerks, cuss, threaten, be lewd, etc.  It's nice to have at least one forum that has some rules of decorum and many posters who would prefer kindness over assholishness.  There's plenty of Rant type forums or premium forums where one can First Ammendment themselves into oblivion and be as jerk as they want.  I prefer to be treated with respect and I try to do that for most others myself.

As for continuing to come to this board and trying to call out the "garbage", it's an effort to keep the board respectable and not let it turn into just one more of a million other "no rules" forums.  What's wrong with us having just one that's decent? 

Think of it as having a favorite car, that is no longer in production, and requires periodic maintenance.   When things start to break, you don't just abandon the car on the side of the road....you try and have if fixed because there's not another one like it.

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

NixToSanders, this isn't aimed at you, but you pose a good question so I'd like to try and answer.  At least from the perspective of posters like me...

It's probably because every single other board out there on the net goes by the "gladiator rules" of Go ahead and be disrespectful jerks, cuss, threaten, be lewd, etc.  It's nice to have at least one forum that has some rules of decorum and many posters who would prefer kindness over assholishness.  There's plenty of Rant type forums or premium forums where one can First Ammendment themselves into oblivion and be as jerk as they want.  I prefer to be treated with respect and I try to do that for most others myself.

As for continuing to come to this board and trying to call out the "garbage", it's an effort to keep the board respectable and not let it turn into just one more of a million other "no rules" forums.  What's wrong with us having just one that's decent? 

Think of it as having a favorite car, that is no longer in production, and requires periodic maintenance.   When things start to break, you don't just abandon the car on the side of the road....you try and have if fixed because there's not another one like it.

Reasonable answer. I still don’t understand why she doesn’t just ignore those she thinks are out of line. I get wanting to keep it somewhat respectable compared to a rant site but honestly I just feel some take it too far with the hoity toity stuff. At the end of the day I’ve seen very little on here that would qualify as truly offensive. What it seems like more to me is some just cannot handle anything resembling criticism of Auburn. They want everything to be sunshine and rainbows no matter what. And truth is if we were in year 2 or 3 of Gus I would be leading the charge on limiting criticism...but its year 7 now. I clearly remember calling a local radio show in year 3 to defend Gus so I haven’t always been on the anti Gus bandwagon. 

Bottom line is it feels like a lot of self righteous virtue signaling when some on here call people out for being anti Auburn because they criticize a coach. I love Auburn. Thats why I want better. If I didn’t love Auburn, I wouldn’t care what our record was or if we beat our rivals...in fact, if I didn’t love it so much, I would probably be perfectly happy with Gus.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

He was injured? I did not know that. What I will say is he did play his best sometimes your best is just not enough. I remember he seem to lack speed and instinct which is not particularly good for his position , at this conference. He seem to have high IQ though and was able to call out the defenses which was valuable. 

He was banged up and it really slowed him down. He played because he was needed, and he stepped up when there was no one else. It's pretty sickening that he got all that crap about his performance. He took a beating on and off the field. He did not deserve that.  Posters don't know as much as they think they do......something to keep in mind for the future. At the end of the day.....he still had more talent,class and guts than any of his critics.

Here's another example....Austin Wiley got a lot of terrible things said about his ball handling......and then later on it was revealed that he was playing with an injured hand. And one poster accused the whole BB team of being "mentally soft" which really was a pretty stupid thing to say. Those same players went to the Final Four with their mental softness. Inexperience is just that....inexperience.... not a character failure.

Really.....it would be nice if the extremely personal attacks on players would stop. I guess posters just like looking like jackazzes. They do an excellent job with that.

Archived