The Blame

AUght2win

10 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

He's always dead wrong.

Seriously POD?  WTH is that about?  I'm not always right, neither are you.  But, to say I am "always dead wrong" is way out of line.  

We have seen it too many times, we keep mediocre coaches too long.   He should have been fired last year with the same record we are destined for this year. 

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I believe @3rdgeneration pointed it out in another thread.  Also, I do believe another poster did too... (but can't swear to it).  Regardless,  3rdGen's word is enough for me. 

We were sitting in the corner above the band.  I can’t remember how much was left of the game, but Boobee came out and Kam went in.  He kind of limped his way off the field.  Dr. Andrews (I think it was him with white hair and an orange cap) had him do squats and stretches, then sat him down on a bench. Boobee started rubbing the side of his left knee.  He was out for several plays and Andrews sat with him for at least 5 minutes. He did go back in, but I’m not sure he was super effective after that. 

8 hours ago, Zeek said:

Considering we scored less on them than ******* Kentucky let’s blame the play caller...

I am not ready to blame it on the playcalling quite yet.  If you go back and rewatch the drives, particularly the ones that resulted in interceptions you will notice we had guys wide open.  The first interception on the left sideline around the 30, Anthony Swartz was 4 steps ahead of his guy in the end zone.  We shouldn’t have even needed that drive if Seth wasn’t overthrown to where he had to dive.  The second interception Bo missed Canella in the end zone the play before and threw it too low in the interception.  It was just an off game for him against a great defense.  Not hating on Bo, as if you look In the other thread I was defending him.  But the plays were there to win.  This happens. Someone had to lose and unfortunately it was us.

19 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

We were sitting in the corner above the band.  I can’t remember how much was left of the game, but Boobee came out and Kam went in.  He kind of limped his way off the field.  Dr. Andrews (I think it was him with white hair and an orange cap) had him do squats and stretches, then sat him down on a bench. Boobee started rubbing the side of his left knee.  He was out for several plays and Andrews sat with him for at least 5 minutes. He did go back in, but I’m not sure he was super effective after that. 

Who needs PTB when 3rd Gen's IN DA' HOUSE!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

In Equestrian?

In the football sport.  We still control our own destiny...it’s no time to bail.

9 hours ago, amsterjam said:

If I'm Allen Green I have already made a move. I see that we've seen the same tired plays no matter the coordinator so instead of yet letting Gus hire yet another under qualified youngster for his offensive staff I find a coordinator that has a proven track record at big name schools. I try to emulate on offense what we have on defense. I let that new coordinator come in and hire his own offensive staff and tell Gus to let the man do his job like he does Steele. 

Wait. You think Gus is still the answer? Son we have seen this movie before and we all know how it turns out!

1 hour ago, im4aual said:

I'm amazed how many people want us to become Tennessee

In what way? 

10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Florida made a concerted effort to take Schwartz out of the game.  CB played 10 yards off of him the entire game and had safety help over the top.  Gus never adjusted to the this when he should have seen it and then run a receiver underneath as the defense was bailing to protect against Schwartz's speed.

Should've hit him on hot routes with that cushion. He would've gotten easy yards, potentially broken one, and set up a great double move opportunity...but Gus

Just now, bigbird said:

Should've hit him on hot routes with that cushion. He would've gotten easy yards, potentially broken one, and set up a great double move opportunity...but Gus

Would you consider taking the HC job?

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

I hear it has great benefits. Sexton is a great agent!

The final score read UF 24 AU 13. However, the score doesn't represent how bad Florida actually beat Auburn. The Tigers kept going three plays and punt and Florida dominated Auburn from start to finish. They outplayed the Tigers and Gus Malzahn was outcoached once again. If Gus goes 8-4 or 7-5, then that's good cause for him to be fired. 7 years of his coaching is enough. We're not getting our money's worth.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

"is such a nice guy"...i finished it for you....when i hear how nice of a guy he is, i remember one Leo Durocher's quote, and the title of his autobiography, "NICE GUYS FINISH LAST"....GM doesn't finish last, but he tries real hard

We're good for giving some other teams a "signature win" during each season. Last year it was UT and MSU. It was LSU and UCF couple of years ago.  Before that it was UGA. 

Perhaps this season, if it's not the Gators' best win, it could be for Ole Miss or the Hogs. Malzahn is a kind and benevolent being after all. He gives till he can't give no more. 

W should be happy with Gus. If we consistently go 8-4 with occasional bowl wins we should always make the rolling 5 and ten year rankings for best winning record in the nation right? Isn't that good enough for everyone?

18 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

In the football sport.  We still control our own destiny...it’s no time to bail.

Not bailing, but I'm also not willing to lay the loss solely on a true Freshman QBs shoulders. Yes, he played bad, but nothing was done to calm him. Simply saying if he had played better we would've won is just being disingenuous at the the minimum. Trask was also inexperienced and getting rattled at times, but Mullen gave him some outs with comfortable mismatched passes. Let's not forget despite a couple of plays, our Defense played championship level football out there. 

Offensive did not produce yesterday and I blame the coaches. O line was about like it usually is nowadays unless we are playing a nobody. Inconsistent. Can’t depend on anything when it comes to the offense. Defense once again played plenty good enough for us to win. Just my humble opinion. WDE 

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

We're good for giving some other teams a "signature win" during each season. Last year it was UT and MSU. It was LSU and UCF couple of years ago.  Before that it was UGA. 

Perhaps this season, if it's not the Gators' best win, it could be for Ole Miss or the Hogs. Malzahn is a kind and benevolent being after all. He gives till he can't give no more. 

Lose to either of those cellar dwellers and this place will explode. The server will surely be knocked out.

1 minute ago, jptiger said:

Offensive did not produce yesterday and I blame the coaches. O line was about like it usually is nowadays unless we are playing a nobody. Inconsistent. Can’t depend on anything when it comes to the offense. Defense once again played plenty good enough for us to win. Just my humble opinion. WDE 

Out of likes but agreed.

10 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

"is such a nice guy"...i finished it for you....when i hear how nice of a guy he is, i remember one Leo Durocher's quote, and the title of his autobiography, "NICE GUYS FINISH LAST"....GM doesn't finish last, but he tries real hard

With that contract, Gus is a winner who would ever think otherwise?

19 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I will never want to be a HC. I enjoy the teaching aspect

12 hours ago, PUB78 said:

I bet you and I along with the vast majority of the folks on this board are not happy with 8-5 seasons. Take away the 3 cupcake games on the schedule each year, puts Gus at a .500 coach.

That's everyone's schedule, Bama's included. How many other teams play the same schedule as we do? Nobody. What do you think the result would be if any other team played 3 of the top three teams in the country right now? 

Which is why people are frustrated when the team loses a game they really are more than capable of winning

Just now, ChltteTiger said:

Can’t depend on anything when it comes to the offense

GM is going to lose his job due to his hiring "yes men"....Hoover has a better passing game than us

Archived