The Blame

AUght2win

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

The final score read UF 24 AU 13. However, the score doesn't represent how bad Florida actually beat Auburn. The Tigers kept going three plays and punt and Florida dominated Auburn from start to finish. They outplayed the Tigers and Gus Malzahn was outcoached once again. If Gus goes 8-4 or 7-5, then that's good cause for him to be fired. 7 years of his coaching is enough. We're not getting our money's worth.

I will be very surprised if Gus is the coach for the 2021 season. Derrick Brown and Marlon Davidson aren't guys you just "replace." And unless replacing the entire OL is addition by subtraction Bo will be running for his life next season and from what we've seen so far he can't throw well under pressure and our offense is unfamiliar with the concept of a "hot read." If our defense is merely "average" next year we will be 6-6 and Greene will have to make a move to satisfy the mob. 

1 hour ago, ChltteTiger said:

Wait. You think Gus is still the answer? Son we have seen this movie before and we all know how it turns out!

No that's not at all what I was saying. Im saying since the buyout was too large to cut Gus last year I would have hired an experienced OC with a proven track record instead of letting Gus pick yet another under qualified youngster and gave him full control of the O much like Steele has with the D. I'm saying I want someone actually proven and qualified to run the O as long as we're stuck with Gus.

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Bo will be running for his life next season

Can a rebuilt O-line be any worse than this one?....seriously, this is as bad of an O-line as I have seen at AU since the late 70's

2 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Can a rebuilt O-line be any worse than this one?....seriously, this is as bad of an O-line as I have seen at AU since the late 70's

If we've learned anything from Tennessee this decade it's that things can always get worse. We've been out 'crooted by nearly everyone in the league at OL for years and we're about to hit a crisis point. If the OL is bad next year it's going to be a lost season. 

Ha!  My crystal ball is still in the shop.  A true freshman quarterback played poorly in a hostile environment while facing a superior opponent.  IMAGINE THAT.   Florida is a very, VERY good football team.  We could EASILY beat everybody else on our schedule. We do that from time to time.   I’m going to enjoy watching a very good Auburn football team have a good, maybe great, end of the season.  Florida’s defense is better than LSU, Bama, and Georgia.  MUCH BETTER.  IF YOU CANT SEE THAT YOU ARE AN IDIOT. 

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

The final score read UF 24 AU 13. However, the score doesn't represent how bad Florida actually beat Auburn. The Tigers kept going three plays and punt and Florida dominated Auburn from start to finish. They outplayed the Tigers and Gus Malzahn was outcoached once again. If Gus goes 8-4 or 7-5, then that's good cause for him to be fired. 7 years of his coaching is enough. We're not getting our money's worth.

You are right.  I would add we were not going to drive the ball the length of the with this kind of playcalling.  We absolutely do not have a blitz control package to get the ball out of the quarterbacks hands during blitzes.  During short fields we were held to two field goals and on the touchdown they had a safety in the deep zone and he made a mistake by not getting over to cover in time. This was a pathatic attempt at offense.

12 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Ha!  My crystal ball is still in the shop.  A true freshman quarterback played poorly in a hostile environment while facing a superior opponent.  IMAGINE THAT.   Florida is a very, VERY good football team.  We could EASILY beat everybody else on our schedule. We do that from time to time.   I’m going to enjoy watching a very good Auburn football team have a good, maybe great, end of the season.  Florida’s defense is better than LSU, Bama, and Georgia.  MUCH BETTER.  IF YOU CANT SEE THAT YOU ARE AN IDIOT. 

Better defense that remains to be seen.  But even if that is correct the florida defense is not that much better so we may score a few more points than we did against the gators you also got to remember that those three have better offenses and will score more points.

Those three have good enough defenses to stop us considering the incompetance at HC.

46 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

If you can't see that it wasn't just QB performance that lost this game,  then you might as well join the rest of us idiots. And saying we could EASILY beat everybody else on our schedule after witnessing the mindblowingly bad decisions from yesterday would make you a MUCH bigger idiot than the rest of us. I mean how the hell do you even make a statement like that? Are you Gus? Seriously 

59 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

If we've learned anything from Tennessee this decade it's that things can always get worse. We've been out 'crooted by nearly everyone in the league at OL for years and we're about to hit a crisis point. If the OL is bad next year it's going to be a lost season. 

Under Gus's philosophy OL is not a recruiting priority.  He likes the lighter, quicker, athletic OLs.  But he doesn't get them. He's got lighter, slower, non-athletic OLs. 

I'm not sure what is priorities are on offense.  Maybe WR, TE and QB, he recruits them well.  He recruits top RBs but doesn't get the top RBs.  So why would a run first coach get top quality QBs and WRs and top quality RBs? 

There was a lot of issues other than just QB and O play calling.  

1.   Punt return was horrendous- catch the dang ball

2.  3rd and short.   Maybe a short pass after the 2nd time we could not get 1st

3.  O-line jumping at terrible times....

56 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Pot meet kettle. You demonstrate your challenged IQ when you say Florida is superior to AU. Maybe their coaching, but not the team.

4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Under Gus's philosophy OL is not a recruiting priority.  He likes the lighter, quicker, athletic OLs.  But he doesn't get them. He's got lighter, slower, non-athletic OLs. 

I'm not sure what is priorities are on offense.  Maybe WR, TE and QB, he recruits them well.  He recruits top RBs but doesn't get the top RBs.  So why would a run first coach get top quality QBs and WRs and top quality RBs? 

We need to hold on to Tank.  He would be the 1st in a long time 

8 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

If you can't see that it wasn't just QB performance that lost this game,  then you might as well join the rest of us idiots. And saying we could EASILY beat everybody else on our schedule after witnessing the mindblowingly bad decisions from yesterday would make you a MUCH bigger idiot than the rest of us. I mean how the hell do you even make a statement like that? Are you Gus? Seriously 

Maybe not Gus but..Christy?

1 hour ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I will be very surprised if Gus is the coach for the 2021 season. Derrick Brown and Marlon Davidson aren't guys you just "replace." And unless replacing the entire OL is addition by subtraction Bo will be running for his life next season and from what we've seen so far he can't throw well under pressure and our offense is unfamiliar with the concept of a "hot read." If our defense is merely "average" next year we will be 6-6 and Greene will have to make a move to satisfy the mob. 

This. I think 8-4 (and assuming we don't get a bowl we have no business being in like Sugar a few years ago, 9-4 is possible) will be enough to get him another year this year with his buyout, but that year will be basically a lame duck. Gus could've easily avoided this by parting ways with Grimes at the end of last year (or heck, not re-hiring him in the first place and making actual effort to make a big hire at OL). But he didn't. And on December 2, 2020 his poor decisions are probably going to cost him his job.

(Four of our last five coaches' last years have been leap years, BTW.)

If you can't score more than 13 points in an SEC game these days, there is your problem.  Ole Miss scored what...31 on the updykes?  Bad offense all day.  

In which way are we going to win out?  By bludgeoning every opponent...or through some miracle plays that give us all heart attacks.  I hope it’s the bludgeoning kind.

is it my imagination or do we have members popping in after a loss that have not been here to celebrate the five game winning streak we were enjoying? not one single word about what we do good.none. and yet they wait until a loss to engage in discussion. that is not a fan. i refuse to name folks to avoid a knock down dragged out argument on here. but it is a bad look.........

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

is it my imagination or do we have members popping in after a loss that have not been here to celebrate the five game winning streak we were enjoying? not one single word about what we do good.none. and yet they wait until a loss to engage in discussion. that is not a fan. i refuse to name folks to avoid a knock down dragged out argument on here. but it is a bad look.........

Always been like that. 

Its so uplifting to watch performances like those against UF.....Its not whether you win or lose but how you play the game, right?.....If you're happy with average or below average, you should sing and dance for joy at every Malzahn press conference.....Yesterday was just awful

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

It’s a message board for Pete’s sake. Of course there will be varying opinions. 
I thought we played our best against MSU. Yesterday was putrid on offense. Defense did all they could do. Missed tackles and poor angles happen. Unfortunately in man coverage and one in one w a TB, it becomes noticeable to the entire world. I think most are upset bc we likely aren’t a top tier team. We will likely be underdogs at LSU, UGA and turds. Doesn’t mean we can’t win, but the odds are against us. 

17 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

It’s Gus’s fault for failing to correct the problem. He could have done that by at least sitting Bo a series or to. Who knows Joey might have kick started the running game but even if he didn’t it might have given Bo a chance to catch his breath and catch up

to the moment. Simply put Gus failed Bo big time and by doing so he failed the team. No more chances. Gus needs to be relieved and soon. If not we most likely lose 3 to 5 more games this year.

As said previously if Bo's last name wasn't NIX he would have been benched.

Archived