Things I Think I Saw: AU vs Florida

JMR

When Tutt muffed that punt I knew it was going to be one of those games.  The team didn’t look ready to play.  Gotta wonder if it was the noise or just not respecting Florida enough going in and obviously Gus Dump etc.

• Like 1

Great analysis as usual. Wish we had one coach that thought like you. Hopefully the team will respond and grow from this. 

• Facepalm 1

• RunInRed featured and pinned this topic

I wonder if Shivers was held out due to his incident in warm-ups with the Florida players?  I have no idea, I’m just wondering. 

21 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I am sure that when Gus said he was surprised by the noise, he meant he was surprised by THAT MUCH NOISE. Ear-splitting, rattle your thinking, non-stop constant noise. JHS does not even approach this much noise. Their stadim is different than ours in that it does not have 2 distinct levels. It is a pieced meal bowl that is pretty steep. The seats are close to the field and the sidelines are narrow. There is no where for the noise to escape. They did not take a break at anytime we were on offense.

Bo was going to lose a game for us sometime this year. It was inevitable, especially with the hype that has been put on him this year. I hope he is made of the stuff that he can regroup, learn, and shut out all the noise to concentrate on what he needs to do. He is capable. This team is capable. I will remain optimistic after just one loss.

Thanks for your analysis @JMR. It is always a reasoned, intelligent, and fair expert synopsis.

Out of likes. I will simply say Amen. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I wonder if Shivers was held out due to his incident in warm-ups with the Florida players?  I have no idea, I’m just wondering. 

What happened??

49 minutes ago, JMR said:

Sometimes as a coach you guess wrong; some coaches can quickly adjust to the circumstances, and some can't.

Gus can't do this. If his game plan doesn't work, he is skunked.

50 minutes ago, JMR said:

Disappointed that the staff didn't give more of our Florida players opportunities to be a part of the game yesterday. Joey Gatewood, D.J. Williams, Shaun Shivers.

Mind boggling. This coach has never utilized his talent. Somtimes a new QB can spark an offense, when the first guy is struggling. This bozo never attempts anything different, except a stupid call to go for it, on 4th and a mile. I will be glad when he is gone. It is just a matter of time.

54 minutes ago, JMR said:

I was not impressed with the offensive game plan (if there was one).

^^^^^^This

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

Yes @abw0004, what happened? I didn't see anything, but we got to our seats right before the team was going back to the locker room, so pregame warm-ups were about done. I thought I saw Worm dancing to a rap song near some UF players, but it was across the field from where I was. Surely he wouldn't get in trouble for dancing?

God forbid we put someone out there on offense who's fired up and has something to prove. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

What I saw is an inept coach wasting this teams potential incapable of getting past the 50 and failing to score as much as Kentucky did. I saw Florida fans ridiculing us and talking about how overrated Bo Nix and this team are.

I saw a stellar defense giving up big gains because they knew they had to force turnovers to give this team a chance.

I saw Auburn fans feeling embarrassed yet again. I saw **** head commentators reaming their hands thinking they were right. 

I saw a team that’s about to go 8-4 and even when they do some here will still be saying “we don’t want to be Tennessee”. 

We haven’t won the SEC in 6 years and we’re not going to this year and likely not next year with all the talent we are going to lose.

But everything is okay. Season ticket prices will keep skyrocketing and poor fans will continue to save up change to make a big trip to support these young men only to be disgusted by borderline insanely idiotic play calling. 

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

It truly blows my mind but to think that we have speed that only a handful of teams have, and yet the HC/OC can’t scheme several plays to get that speed in space and in one on one situations .   To be paid 7 million dollars and I did not see one play that put our fastest player in a mismatch with the other team.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Yes @abw0004, what happened? I didn't see anything, but we got to our seats right before the team was going back to the locker room, so pregame warm-ups were about done. I thought I saw Worm dancing to a rap song near some UF players, but it was across the field from where I was. Surely he wouldn't get in trouble for dancing?

Several uf players crossed the midfield stripe and started static with him. In my opinion, he did nothing but defend/stand up for himself and deserves zero blame in the incident. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Gus can't do this. If his game plan doesn't work, he is skunked.

Mind boggling. This coach has never utilized his talent. Somtimes a new QB can spark an offense, when the first guy is struggling. This bozo never attempts anything different, except a stupid call to go for it, on 4th and a mile. I will be glad when he is gone. It is just a matter of time.

^^^^^^This

Careful you might violate a pumpers safe space.

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

What happened??

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

There is a video of it somewhere.  They were making fun of him for his height so he got into it with them.  Nothing that bad to be honest.

• Like 1

Good observation Coach.

I definitely agree with you on the game plan or the like there of,  at some point as a coach when you see that your QB is struggling and wide eyes, it don't or wouldn't hurt to set him on the side line for a few plays and let him watch from the sideline. Florida Field is different then most field in that it is very close to the sideline, my daughter graduated from the University of Florida and I been there several time.its not that Florida out played  Auburn, I think their (Dan Mullen & DC) just had a better game plan against what we was running.. offensively we did not adjust or try to help out a young QB. other word I hate to say this, Out coach!!!  still a tigers and will continue to be a tiger,

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JMR said:

Auburn fans love Defensive Coordinator Kevin Steele. He is no doubt one of the better ones in the SEC. But more than once yesterday, the AU defensive front was on their knees, looking to the sideline for a signal, when Florida snapped the ball. The secondary was playing man coverage, expecting a strong pass rush, and because the front was not ready, there was none. I like Steele as much as anyone, but that was not good coaching. No matter how good you are, there are always things that need work.

I do love KS and appreciate how hard our defense plays. But after 6 games and about 250 passes thrown against us, we have exactly 1 interception. One of our senior safeties is consistently taking bad tackling angles and getting caught flat footed on pass plays. And we  have zero speed rushers on a roster of 85. For us to have a chance vs our 3 looming rival games, those things have to be addressed. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jptiger said:

Great analysis as usual. Wish we had one coach that thought like you. Hopefully the team will respond and grow from this. 

What was wrong with what I said chickendale?

Another poster in a different thread had it right. Gus calls plays. It doesn't matter if he has the personnel to execute said play, or not. The backside guard has never been able to get to the D end on that play. At least not when it's SEC talent. The play was stupid, and set the tone for the entire first half. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1