Things I Think I Saw: AU vs Florida

JMR

No flag was thrown, so who cares? We have bigger issues.

How many times did we run the guard/tackle pull? We have run it 50+ time this season as opposed to 10 last season. I wonder how many times we ran it against UF?

• Love 1

4 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

If it was any other player there would be multiple people posting "oh thats not the Auburn way, blah blah", but because his mom said they called him short its now OK for Auburn players to punch other teams?  Personally, I don't mind it, I like the showing a little fire, but the double standards on this forum are funny. 

Another lie! I didn't not say the reasoning for what happened.... But stop running your mouth if your looking at a video that didn't record the confrontation from the very start until the finish. Who said that your reasoning is accurate. Yall are always looking to have a problem with him for whatever reason or another. Had it been one of your favorites on the team, you wouldn't have opened your mouth! I hate this whole thing happened because, it gives you people more things to bash him about. if he would have just stood there and let them push him around, you would bashed him for that too....Miss me with that BS and keep my name out of your mouth. 

Edited by Momma Worm
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But now you're dealing in hypotheticals and assumptions and speculative if > then statements. 

Regardless, I want my guy to behave exactly as Shaun did in that situation. And I want the rest of my guys running over to get his back when it happens. More of that attitude on offense could've helped us win the game. 

4 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

No flag was thrown, so who cares? We have bigger issues.

No no no, we can't say it's fine just because we "got away with it" this time. Obviously, we're not seeing the whole picture here (as @Momma Worm is saying) but I don't want our guys being the physical aggressor in these situations. Let that fire fuel you on the field but don't get yourself into trouble before you even get out there.

6 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Another lie! I didn't not say the reasoning for what happened.... But stop running your mouth if your looking at a video that didn't record the confrontation from the very start until the finish. Who said that your reasoning is accurate. Yall are always looking to have a problem with him for whatever reason or another. Had it been one of your favorites on the team, you wouldn't have opened your mouth! I hate this whole thing happened because, it gives you people more things to bash him about. if he would have just stood there and let them push him around, you would bashed him for that too....Miss me with that BS and keep my name out of your mouth. 

I agree MW, not having a clue as to what was said before or during the video of the incident, tells us nothing of what got the players to get into it. I was just wondering if the FLA players were ones that Shaun knew, since he played HS ball in FL? maybe there is a history there? 

I've seen a lot worse before games...so I don't know why this one creates so many comments. It had nothing to do with our play during the game. 

2 minutes ago, Linayus said:

No no no, we can't say it's fine just because we "got away with it" this time. Obviously, we're not seeing the whole picture here (as @Momma Worm is saying) but I don't want our guys being the physical aggressor in these situations. Let that fire fuel you on the field but don't get yourself into trouble before you even get out there.

Like I said, I'm fine with it regardless. It's not like there was even a fight. Dudes wearing full body armor talked with their hands a little. I'm glad our guy won. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Like I said, I'm fine with it regardless. It's not like there was even a fight. Dudes wearing full body armor talked with their hands a little. I'm glad our guy won. 

Boy did he! 🤣 My issue with the whole thing aside, he certainly took it to 'em.

19 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I agree MW, not having a clue as to what was said before or during the video of the incident, tells us nothing of what got the players to get into it. I was just wondering if the FLA players were ones that Shaun knew, since he played HS ball in FL? maybe there is a history there? 

I've seen a lot worse before games...so I don't know why this one creates so many comments. It had nothing to do with our play during the game. 

20 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Again, you don't know what happened prior to that... It was something that made Chad Wilson, Florida DB Marco Wilson dad pull out her camera & start recording. That's all I am saying Worm is not a 1st year college player and this has never happened before, its not even his character unless you take him to that level and I know that 1st hand. But let me keep quiet because Im his mom and I don't want anybody saying I am making excuses for this situation. 

Edited by Momma Worm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

No he does not know them. But I was told after the game that they game planned to stop him and players we know provided that information. So maybe it was a ploy to start something for those reasons..... who knows

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Momma Worm said:

Again, you don't know what happened prior to that... It was something that made Chad Wilson, Florida DB Marco Wilson dad pull out her camera & start recording. That's all I am saying Worm is not a 1st year college player and this has never happened before, its not even his character unless you take him to that level and I know that 1st hand. But let me keep quiet before because Im his mom and I don't want anybody saying I am make excuses for this situation. 

I was very surprised to see the clip surface involving him as it seemed very out of character. Thanks for clarifying!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I was very surprised to see the clip surface involving him as it seemed very out of character. Thanks for clarifying!

We always have to view these things as incomplete, especially when there is no audio. We have no idea what was said, and we can throw the "no excuse for escalating to physical contact" card all day, but there is just no way to know what pushes a guy's buttons, plus I didn't see anything over the top with how Worm reacted even if there was no audio. It was between Worm and a UF player and then 2 others stepped up. It probably would have ended before Worm popped the other 2 if they hadn't bowed up to him.

Edited by jared52

If it’s on the playground, the streets, or the football field, everyone has a right to stand up for themselves no matter what. I loved it. The whole “good ole boy” way of thinking only covers you so far. If you’ve got to sock somebody in the mouth because they are talking down on you, then do it. I wish the rest of the team had some fight like that, especially the O-Line. Y’all act like the guy came out and took a cheap shot at someone on the field or got into a behavioral issue off the field. He was standing up for himself just like you all would. Get off your high horses and get over yourselves. That “Auburn way” s*** gets old sometimes. 

Edit to clarify that I don’t say that because Momma Worm is on the board. Not that was he did was nasty anyways, but this team could use a little bit of that. Maybe the OLine wouldn’t get run over every game. 

Edited by WarEagleHunter1221

44 minutes ago, Linayus said:

No no no, we can't say it's fine just because we "got away with it" this time.

Yes. Yes we can.

47 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Momma Worm please understand that most of us Auburn supporters are not represented by a few of these foul mouth fake Auburn fans. We are grateful your son is in this team and I know that his teammates and coaches are too. Florida folks and any mullens teamS are pieces of crap people who like to start problems. They get their foul mouth way from their coaches Mullen and others. Florida has always been like that they are like uat and uga. I am sorry your son had to put up with their foul mouths and I’m sorry you have to put up with some fake foul mouth folks in here. Try to ignore them and enjoy your sons time here. I promise there are far more that love your son than these few clowns that talk garbage on here.

• Like 4

And for those that couldn’t see it Florida as always comes out acting like azzes. It happens with all the Florida teams for some reason. It especially happens with mullet’s teams even when he was at mrs state. Mullens is a complete piece of crap. Like calling out Browns hit on his QB while his tackle was holding Brown’s shoulder pads. He cheats and lies more than any coach I have ever seen. I don’t blame Worm one bit for anything he did. Probably well deserved by the hoods on Florida’s team

33 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

If it’s on the playground, the streets, or the football field, everyone has a right to stand up for themselves no matter what. I loved it. The whole “good ole boy” way of thinking only covers you so far. If you’ve got to sock somebody in the mouth because they are talking down on you, then do it. I wish the rest of the team had some fight like that, especially the O-Line. Y’all act like the guy came out and took a cheap shot at someone on the field or got into a behavioral issue off the field. He was standing up for himself just like you all would. Get off your high horses and get over yourselves. That “Auburn way” s*** gets old sometimes. 

Edit to clarify that I don’t say that because Momma Worm is on the board. Not that was he did was nasty anyways, but this team could use a little bit of that. Maybe the OLine wouldn’t get run over every game. 

Amen.

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

For your information I said its more to the story, they captured what they wanted to capture.....so don't place words in my mouth. Im not Worm, so you wont come for me and think its gonna fly and next time @ me when you discuss me! To be honest, I really don't care what you think. 

Am I missing something this was in response to the guy that face slap responded to you saying your son was standing up for himself......I saw him standing up for himself.......so I'm not sure where the misunderstanding come from.

5 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Am I missing something this was in response to the guy that face slap responded to you saying your son was standing up for himself......I saw him standing up for himself.......so I'm not sure where the misunderstanding come from.

Guilty by association!

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

Some of you would be ok with us not retaliating if a team stomped on our logo pre-game it seems. Those UF dudes had no business being on our side of the field as it was. Worm did exactly what he needed to do there. You've either never played sports or soft if you think otherwise IMO. This sport does not reward you for being passive

Thank you! In some instances the “high road” isn’t meant to be taken. Auburn pushes that rhetoric too much imo. If they won’t give you respect then you’ve got to take it. In this instance Worm did just that with a two piece special. Loved it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Guilty by association!

Geez I suppose, have had nothing but good things about Shaun's toughness and his gameplay as well as his mother for sharing their lives with us on forums.

Edited by kevon67

3 hours ago, Linayus said:

C'mon guys - I don't mind the smack talking or the retaliation - just don't be the first guy who gets physical with it. That's the only part I took issue with. He could've ignored them and kept his back to them. He could've walked away from them. He could've just run his mouth right back at them but he grabbed the face mask first. That puts him at fault. Doesn't matter if they were on "our side" of the field.

It's Florida - that kind of crap should've been expected. LSU and Georgia will probably try similar crap before the game. The players can't let it get to them like that.

LSU will was way worse. UGA is at home at least.

I hope staff watches for this at LSU. FL should have been on this when those two crossed the 50 yard line. Thats literally the do not cross line in a big rivalry game. They were obviously on our side starting trouble. 

• Like 1

For me, after seeing that fire, there is no way he's not the 1st back out there. He was on a mission and ready for battle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

This was in response to the person stating that someone tried to tell him something.... when I quoted it, it took your part instead of what he said.... so the comment was for him. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Guilty by association!

There is no guilt by association on my part.... unless you were directing this to someone else. 

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Geez I suppose, have had nothing but good things about Shaun's toughness and his gameplay as well as his mother for sharing their lives with us on forums.

Again, it wasnt directed towards you, it was for the person you responded too....but when I quoted the statement your  name came up. I dont know you all personally to know who’s name is who. My apologies 

I am so tired of having to say that I mean no harm in what I say.... when nobody gives me the same courtesy when these issues come up. Once I respond then Im the bad guy, pretty much what Worm is going through now. Whats funny is that the person that sought out to destroy Worms character Saturday, is by someone we know personally.... so that support thing isnt in my favor at this time. What I know about life is that every one isnt gonna like you, whether your the good guy or the bad guy. Many pretend! But at the end of the day it is what it is. 

Just now, Momma Worm said:

This was in response to the person stating that someone tried to tell him something.... when I quoted it, it took your part instead of what he said.... so the comment was for him. 

There is no guilt by association on my part.... unless you were directing this to someone else. 

Again, it wasnt directed towards you, it was for the person you responded too....but when I quoted the statement your  name came up. I dont know you all personally to know who’s name is who. My apologies 

I am so tired of having to say that I mean no harm in what I say.... when nobody gives me the same courtesy when these issues come up. Once I respond then Im the bad guy, pretty much what Worm is going through now. Whats funny is that the person that sought out to destroy Worms character Saturday, is by someone we know personally.... so that support thing isnt in my favor at this time. What I know about life is that every one isnt gonna like you, whether your the good guy or the bad guy. Many pretend! But at the end of the day it is what it is. 

Was just joking with Kevon is all.

• Like 1