Whitlow out 4-6 weeks

Beenjammin

I have no idea what Gus is going to do. Most likely though will put his hat on Martin. Kam has had some good games, but he is a cut below Boobee on any given day.  I hope Gus will utilize Joiner & WIlliams as much as Martin. I hope he will give Worm at least 4-5 carries each game to see what he can do. I honestly think Worm could be a very pleasant surprise if used the right way.

The mind of Gus is a terrible thing to lose or better yet....to figure out!

If I was Gus, I would go more air raid than in the past in that we have some excellent receivers that are chomping at the bit to show their skills.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Surely he can get five yards before the turf monster gets him again.  :D

Did you see the GIF on instagram/Twitter that edited the sniper from Saving Private Ryan into DBs run? Pretty funny stuff

This may all be a blessing in disguise.  I remember when Carnell went down and Ronnie came in.  Most folks had no clue who Ronnie Brown was but he tore it up.  I haven’t seen enough of DJ to speak on him but I think we know what we have in Kmart. I don’t think he’s going to get it done.  Maybe this is when Shivers breaks out or Malik proves us wrong?

3 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Secondly, I think Joiner is the guy that can shine, but, I'm not sure 2 weeks will allow the time to teach him enough plays beyond the wheel route.

j/k ;D 

Well. if he already knows the wheel route how long can it possibly take to teach him the other three plays?

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

If I was Gus, I would go more air raid than in the past in that we have some excellent receivers that are chomping at the bit to show their skills.

I agree with this. If I was CGM, I would run 4 and 5 wide sets with S Williams, W. Hastings, A. Schwartz, S. Cannela, and Matthew Hill. You could do a lot of damage with an air raid Offense with that group. Not bad on the backups either. 

18 hours ago, AidiAU said:

What did you predict that I missed? 

I didn’t predict anything, but actually saw Boobee come off the field last Saturday, having trouble with his knee.  I said something about it in another thread.  I don’t have ESP, but I do have several variations of ESPN! 😂😂😂

17 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I didn’t predict anything, but actually saw Boobee come off the field last Saturday, having trouble with his knee.  I said something about it in another thread.  I don’t have ESP, but I do have several variations of ESPN! 😂😂😂

Curious, was that just before or after the long pass to Seth in the 3rd Qtr? 

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Curious, was that just before or after the long pass to Seth in the 3rd Qtr? 

To be honest, I don’t remember. But I do know that it was in the 2nd half.  Boobee had 2 good runs in a row and then it looked like he was gassed. Kam went in, I think. Boobee came out  for a few plays, maybe even a change of possession. Not sure.  But not long after that is when I noticed him kind of limping off. He came to the sideline, Looked to be in discomfort, and Dr. Andrews came over. He had him do some squats.  I thought maybe he pulled a hamstring.  Then he sat on the bench and kept clutching and rubbing his left knee.  He went back into the game though.  Makes me think it was toward the end.  

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I have no idea what Gus is going to do. Most likely though will put his hat on Martin. Kam has had some good games, but he is a cut below Boobee on any given day.  I hope Gus will utilize Joiner & WIlliams as much as Martin. I hope he will give Worm at least 4-5 carries each game to see what he can do. I honestly think Worm could be a very pleasant surprise if used the right way.

The mind of Gus is a terrible thing to lose or better yet....to figure out!

Our QB can't be depended on in the air attack right now Doc.  IMO CGM's got to bring Nix on slowly again and help him build some confidence because that display 4 days ago was atrocious. 

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Has Boobie played to many games to be redshirted this year?

I think Boobee already redshirted his freshman season due to an injury.

I was reading the post the tRant about Boobee being injured. He is very well respected around other fan bases. Many people from other fan bases say they love watching him and he is one of the best backs in the league. I know we all can be super critical of our team and players. Sometimes we take things for granted as fans I.E. Nick Marsahll. We miss ya Boobee...get well soon. 

I am excited to see DJ and some other guys get touches though!.

On 10/8/2019 at 6:03 PM, alexava said:

The qb is gonna have to improve fast 

Maybe with a running QB match take off the backs just saying. 

If Gus could start forming game plans along the line of the MSU game with DJ Williams as the feature back with Martin and Worm spelling him some, this could maybe put us back on the fast track of winning. Granted, we have some monsters coming up on our schedule and a couple of teams that could make things interesting. However, if Gus would take advantage of the weapons he has, we could win some of the games against the monsters on the schedule.

I think we will learn a lot during the Arky game of what we have to work with the rest of the season.  We should beat them easily, but that is what I said about Tennessee last year. Never take any SEC team for granted as a win or a loss. Do this, and we could have a very interesting last 6 games on our schedule.

Anyone have any idea when and how Boobie injured his knee?  Sorry if this has already been covered but I tend to stay away from the board after losses.

*Boobee

A poster at the game said they saw him limping and trying to run it off on the sideline at the Florida game. It did seem odd when Kam came in late in the game.

He was in the Florida game until late in the 4th quarter, but I did not see any play that seemed to be the particular cause.  Maybe it happened earlier and started tightening up on him?

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

*Boobee

A poster at the game said they saw him limping and trying to run it off on the sideline at the Florida game. It did seem odd when Kam came in late in the game.

Actually, I think Malik is the one who finished the game.

Archived