Whitlow out 4-6 weeks

Beenjammin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Going out on a limb there.

he does not care for gus so i believe that was sarcasm. i could be wrong.......

1 minute ago, WarEagleChemE said:

Gus runs our RBs into the ground until they get injured every year. Pettway, Kerryon, now Boobee.

Don't think he ran Boobee into the ground. Dude only had 110 carries over 6 games which is only 18 carries a game, hardly enough to say he was run into the ground. 

4 minutes ago, WarEagleChemE said:

Gus runs our RBs into the ground until they get injured every year. Pettway, Kerryon, now Boobee.

I agree with the other two but this year he has not run Boobee into the ground.

Knee surgery is out for the season unless we rush him back; which I would rather he not. 

Could he get a medical redshirt for this season?

I guess we’ll see what Kam and crew can do.

It’s going to be a long second half of the season. 

24 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Kam Martin gets the start. Mark my words.

Didn't we try this last year, and Surprise he was not the man for the job. I say rb by committee. Worm, DJ, and for the love Joiner.

Anybody here remember the '85 Bears? Let's give it to Derrick Brown inside the 5. That should work. 

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Knee surgery is out for the season unless we rush him back; which I would rather he not. 

Could he get a medical redshirt for this season?

I guess we’ll see what Kam and crew can do.

It’s going to be a long second half of the season. 

Not possible to redshirt. 

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

Didn't we try this last year, and Surprise he was not the man for the job. I say rb by committee. Worm, DJ, and for the love Joiner.

I agree, I wasn't really being sarcastic, or knocking Gus here. I just don't see him starting a true FR quarterback, and a true FR running back on the road.Even if it is Arkansas. I hope DJ, and Joiner play a bunch.

This forces Gus to call on Cadillac to have his boys ready. It's gonna be interesting to see what matriculates  from this. I'm hopeful we see the other talented RB's & their strengths explode...and the passing quality plays increase. It was late in the season when KJ went down. Gus had no sufficient backup plan ready. This could be a good thing heading into the 2nd half of the season. Bye week+ Arky gets things ready for LSU & that will make it harder for the Lousy Stinking Ugly tigers to prepare. 

Lets not forget Mark-Antony Richards. When he had surgery they did not give a timetable but they said they did not expect it to keep him out whole season. So is there any status on him. Even without him we have DJ and Joiner as big backs and Kam and Shivers as breakaway backs plus a lot of our best runs have come from Schwartz and Stove.  I hate it for Boobee but with week off and Arky as next game this was probably the best time for this injuryif there is such a thing as a good time for an injury.

4 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Lets not forget Mark-Antony Richards. When he had surgery they did not give a timetable but they said they did not expect it to keep him out whole season. So is there any status on him. Even without him we have DJ and Joiner as big backs and Kam and Shivers as breakaway backs plus a lot of our best runs have come from Schwartz and Stove.  I hate it for Boobee but with week off and Arky as next game this was probably the best time for this injuryif there is such a thing as a good time for an injury.

Forgot about MAR. Wonder where he's at in recovery, indeed!

Quiet a few reporters think DJ Williams may be the best RB on the roster. Guess we’re about to see if they’re right.

2 minutes ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

This forces Gus to call on Cadillac to have his boys ready. It's gonna be interesting to see what matriculates  from this. I'm hopeful we see the other talented RB's & their strengths explode...and the passing quality plays increase. It was late in the season when KJ went down. Gus had no sufficient backup plan ready. This could be a good thing heading into the 2nd half of the season. Bye week+ Arky gets things ready for LSU & that will make it harder for the Lousy Stinking Ugly tigers to prepare. 

Yeah, I hate it for Boobie, but I'm much more interested if Gus can figure out how to drive the football through the air. It's been his Achilles heel for several years now. Run run run to set up the deep shot, but when the run doesn't work, more often than not neither will the deep shot. 

DJ and Joiner in the bigger faster back role (I think we'll be ok here).

Miller in the bigger slower back role.

Kam and Shivers in their same role.

Gatewood in some role ? (maybe)

It’ll either be the catalyst to a true RB by committee that will benefit the team

-or-

the proverbial nail in the coffin of this season.

Happy we have a bye week to figure it out.

Here’s to the inevitable  “next man up” and other over used and cliched terms that are bound to start popping up here and elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Here’s to the inevitable  “next man up” and other over used and cliched terms that are bound to start popping up here and elsewhere. 

BC305069-1CFB-4FB0-9D89-F54C23A6ABDD.gif

Archived