Seth Williams

AUght2win

Through a season and a half, Seth has 47 receptions for 902 yards and 10 TDs. His career has just started and he is already climbing the list of AU school records.

Seth is currently 61st all-time in receptions. Tied with the likes of Rusty Williams and Stacy Danley.

He is 32nd all-time in yards. For reference, Robert Baker is 33rd, Duke is 34th, Quan Bray is 36th, and Tim Carter is 37th.

He is tied with Rod Smith at 17th for TDs. Insanely enough, he has already scored more than legends like Courtney Taylor, Devin Aromashodu, and Ryan Davis. 

Right now, Seth is averaging around 4 catches, 70 yards, and a TD per game. I actually think his receptions will go up as he and Bo develop more chemistry. So let's assume Seth averages 5 catches per game the rest of the season, and continues his 17.5 avg. YPC. Let's also assume he won't average a full touchdown per game (although it'd be amazing if he could!) This estimation would have Seth finish the year with 56 receptions for 980 yards and 10 TDs. 

Seth would move into a tie with Frank Sanders for 5th on the all-time TD list (with 15), just behind Ryan Davis in yardage (with just over 1500), and tie him with Sammie Coates for receptions (82). 

He is currently on pace to be Auburn's first ever 3000 yard receiver, its second receiver with 20+ TDs, and even challenge Terry Beasley's record of 29 touchdowns. 

Just something fun to track. Seth has as much pro-potential as any Auburn receiver to ever play the game. Can't wait to see what he and Bo can do.

Sounds good but I don’t think he will be around for his senior season because he will likely be looking at a lot of money after his junior year.  

3 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Sounds good but I don’t think he will be around for his senior season because he will likely be looking at a lot of money after his junior year.  

I hope the inevitable situation of our QB being running for his life next season doesn't hurt Seth's stock too much

38 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I hope the inevitable situation of our QB being running for his life next season doesn't hurt Seth's stock too much

Doubt it, pro scouts know what they're looking for.  Hell Slayton got drafted and caught a TD last week.   But yeah, Seth will be gone after next year. 

Seth is a beast no freaking doubt and will be playing on Sundays for a long time BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT............. Isn't being the best WR in Auburn history kinda like being the Best RB in Texas Tech history?! lol. It is such a low bar to achieve!!! No 1k yard WR since 99 and only 2 total in our history for a single season!!!!! haha. SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH as someone who is a lover of all things passing the ball all over the yard Auburn football throughout my 30 years and history is soooooooo hard because we have this affinity for running the ball. I mean Hell we only have two 3k yard passers in AU history when it comes to a single season. WHY CAN WE NOT BE A MODERN OFFENSE?!?!? I JUST WANT TO HAVE SOME FUN!!!! lol. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Seth is a beast no freaking doubt and will be playing on Sundays for a long time BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT............. Isn't being the best WR in Auburn history kinda like being the Best RB in Texas Tech history?! lol. It is such a low bar to achieve!!! No 1k yard WR since 99 and only 2 total in our history for a single season!!!!! haha. SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH as someone who is a lover of all things passing the ball all over the yard Auburn football throughout my 30 years and history is soooooooo hard because we have this affinity for running the ball. I mean Hell we only have two 3k yard passers in AU history when it comes to a single season. WHY CAN WE NOT BE A MODERN OFFENSE?!?!? I JUST WANT TO HAVE SOME FUN!!!! lol. 

So true . How au gets the quality wr boggles the mind 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Seth is a beast no freaking doubt and will be playing on Sundays for a long time BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT............. Isn't being the best WR in Auburn history kinda like being the Best RB in Texas Tech history?! lol. 

For sure, but still worth highlighting. And for those saying he won't be around senior year, he could very well break these records as a junior.

15 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

So true . How au gets the quality wr boggles the mind 

THIS! THIS! THIS!!! We should have some NASTY BOYZZZZZ 5 and 4 star Offensive Lineman lining up wanting to play for us because of how much we run the ball!!! BUT NOOOOOOOOO we struggle recruiting at that position more than any other in the Malzahn era and somehow we have recruited 4 star WRs galore WHEN IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!! Since we barely pass the ball at all lol. Especially compared to everyone else in todays college football.

• WarTiger changed the title to Seth Williams
4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

THIS! THIS! THIS!!! We should have some NASTY BOYZZZZZ 5 and 4 star Offensive Lineman lining up wanting to play for us because of how much we run the ball!!! BUT NOOOOOOOOO we struggle recruiting at that position more than any other in the Malzahn era and somehow we have recruited 4 star WRs galore WHEN IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!! Since we barely pass the ball at all lol. Especially compared to everyone else in todays college football.

Au just hasn’t recruited oline in a few years. Unfortunately it is going to cripple au in 2020. Makes me sick. .

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We've lost our share in recruiting as well, as well as Quarterbacks. I'm pretty sure the lack of a legitimate passing game has also been used negatively against us when it comes to O line recruiting. Gus has held his own fairly well on the recruiting trail, but I can't help but be surprised. 

Everyone here is well aware that I'm a huge critic of Gus I'm sure by now, however I generally like the man. What frustrates me the most is that he has had at least five years now to realize that he needs to employ some expertice in the passing game. He should have hired a passing game coordinator, or at least a competent analyst preferably with an air raid background. I'm not saying we should go full air raid, but at least involve some concepts. College football, and especially the most successful teams have all realized that winning offense is to put the football into the hands of these freakish WR athletes. The rules of the game, and the way it is officiated these days pretty much demands it. 

35 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Au just hasn’t recruited oline in a few years. Unfortunately it is going to cripple au in 2020. Makes me sick. .

You got that right brother.... If people think this year's ol is bad just wait till next year....

6 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

If that boggles your mind, think about Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas actually choosing to play at Georgia Tech in Paul Johnson's wishbone.

I don't think Megatron played for Paul Johnson. I think he only played for chan Gailey. But yes Paul Johnson has 1 more thousand yard wr in a triple option offense than Gus has had in his 10 years as a oc and head coach at AU. My never ending national nightmare as a fan of slinging the ball all over the field continues. Idk if there is a worse match for me as a fan than Auburn personally besides the service academies!!! Lol sigh......

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don't think Megatron played for Paul Johnson. I think he only played for chan Gailey. But yes Paul Johnson has 1 more thousand yard wr in a triple option offense than Gus has had in his 10 years as a oc and head coach at AU. My never ending national nightmare as a fan of slinging the ball all over the field continues. Idk if there is a worse match for me as a fan than Auburn personally besides the service academies!!! Lol sigh......

Image result for wtf gif

Auburn has only had 2 QBs to break 3k passing EVER. We’ve only had 2 WRs break 1k receiver EVER. The two closest we have had to breaking 1k were both Malzahn WRs, Darvin Adams in 2010 with 997yds and Adams again in 2009 with 963 yards. In fact, 3 WRs from Malzahns tenure at Auburn list in the Auburn’s top 10 single season receiving yardage. 3 also rank in the Auburn top 10 career receiving (Adams, Coates and Blake).

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You got that right brother.... If people think this year's ol is bad just wait till next year....

That's a whole different sort of "wait'll next year" than I've been doing.  Aww...MAN!  I like this one even less than that one. 

tenor.gif

Seth is amazing and I'd like to see him on more slants and drag routes. He's pretty solid at picking up extra yards and his ability to fight through contact is impressive. I hope he at least has a season as a 1,000 yard receiver. I've been hoping for one of those forever.

19 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Seth is amazing and I'd like to see him on more slants and drag routes. He's pretty solid at picking up extra yards and his ability to fight through contact is impressive. I hope he at least has a season as a 1,000 yard receiver. I've been hoping for one of those forever.

3434.gif

21 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

If that boggles your mind, think about Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas actually choosing to play at Georgia Tech in Paul Johnson's wishbone.

Never could figure that one out. I'm not really sure if either was highly recruited. If not, a lot of coaches missed on those two for sure.

9 hours ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Auburn has only had 2 QBs to break 3k passing EVER. We’ve only had 2 WRs break 1k receiver EVER. The two closest we have had to breaking 1k were both Malzahn WRs, Darvin Adams in 2010 with 997yds and Adams again in 2009 with 963 yards. In fact, 3 WRs from Malzahns tenure at Auburn list in the Auburn’s top 10 single season receiving yardage. 3 also rank in the Auburn top 10 career receiving (Adams, Coates and Blake).

The game has changed so much over the last ten years, or so. I remember when Sullivan was here we thought it was an air raid, but QB's are attempting more passes in a season now than he did in his entire career. Then, Pat Dye thought passing was illegal for the first six years, or so that he coached here.

• 2 weeks later...

With today's performance Seth moves up to 11th all time in receiving TDs, tied with Tyrone Goodson. Passes Mario Fannin, Dick Smalz, and Jeris McIntyre in yards. Should become the 29th Tiger ever to hit 1000 receiving yards next week. 

Archived