Trump’s proud of his rationalization for abandoning the Kurds

TexasTiger

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Take any Turkish source with a grain of salt. Turkey could be bombing someone in South East Asia and wouldn't miss an opportunity to drop a few on a Kurdish elementary school or two on the way there. 

I wasn't talking about Turkey per se but CNN's inconsistency......playing to the audience.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

But it's complicated, you see. Gotta let the Turks have a sucker punch against an ally that fought and bled with us and for us out of petty tribalism, damn the stakes. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

I wasn't talking about Turkey per se but CNN's inconsistency......playing to the audience.

You not aware they have different bureaus in different countries, and they dont all toe the same line? 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

You not aware they have different bureaus in different countries, and they dont all toe the same line? 

I do and that's why I said playing to the audience rather than being consistent. Is the news different in Turkey than the U.S.?

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

But it's complicated, you see. Gotta let the Turks have a sucker punch against an ally that fought and bled with us and for us out of petty tribalism, damn the stakes. 

Because if we don't, more American troops die or something.

33 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

I do and that's why I said playing to the audience rather than being consistent. Is the news different in Turkey than the U.S.?

The editorial slant will be markedly different. CNN is a worldwide brand, but it's not like they hand out global talking points daily. 

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Because if we don't, more American troops die or something.

Uh oh. Somebody just blew up another well in Saudi Arabia. Better send then another 3,000 troops. See, unlike people willing to help us with or outright do our dirty work, oil is pretty important. 

30 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The editorial slant will be markedly different. CNN is a worldwide brand, but it's not like they hand out global talking points daily. 

Thus they speak with forked tongue. That's Ok if you like it. I  see it differently.

29 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Uh oh. Somebody just blew up another well in Saudi Arabia. Better send then another 3,000 troops. See, unlike people willing to help us with or outright do our dirty work, oil is pretty important. 

As I said, Trump haters can't decide what the heck they want. He's bad if he withdraws troops and bad if he sends more. I personally wish he hadn't sent any to Saudi Arabia.

6 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

Thus they speak with forked tongue. That's Ok if you like it. I  see it differently.

CNN isn't some monolithic entity. When you go international, different editorial slants by region are a given.

How is this so hard to grasp?

5 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

As I said, Trump haters can't decide what the heck they want. He's bad if he withdraws troops and bad if he sends more. I personally wish he hadn't sent any to Saudi Arabia.

There are very few reasonable people that agree with the decision to abandon the Kurds to their fate. 

9 minutes ago, AUDub said:

CNN isn't some monolithic entity. When you go international, different editorial slants by region are a given.

How is this so hard to grasp?

Think of it this way: when you go to China and find a McDonald's, the menu there is going to have some strange (in comparison to a McDonald's in America) offerings on it.  

1 hour ago, Tiger Sue said:

This is not about what "Trump haters" want.  :-\

It's about what Trump is doing

Time only will tell if it makes sense. (It won't)

10 hours ago, AUDub said:

Think of it this way: when you go to China and find a McDonald's, the menu there is going to have some strange (in comparison to a McDonald's in America) offerings on it.  

Good point. CNN and hamburgers are a lot alike.

Good point. CNN and hamburgers are a lot alike.

better than that bull**** burger fox feeds everyone.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

better than that bull**** burger fox feeds everyone.

I always like Jon Stewart's sobriquet for Fox: "bull**** mountain."

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I always like Jon Stewart's sobriquet for Fox: "bull**** mountain."

i miss him.........

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i miss him.........

That hour of him and Colbert back to back was incredible. I don't mind Trevor Noah, but could you imagine Jon Stewart in this era? He could stare into the camera for his monologue every night while Fox clips played in the background, and it would be hilarious.

I can understand why he moved on, but the dude was the brand, and he was incredible at it. 

Just now, AUDub said:

That hour of him and Colbert back to back was incredible. I don't mind Trevor Noah, but could you imagine Jon Stewart in this era? He could stare into the camera for his monologue every night while Fox clips played in the background, and it would be hilarious.

I can understand why he moved on, but the dude was the brand, and he was incredible at it. 

i feel exactly the same. i hope one day jon gets bored and comes back or at least does a special or two.

It's a big complicated mess. I'm not smart enough to know what the answer is. How come no one in Europe seems concerned?

They are. An arms embargo and other sanctions from the EU might be coming down the pike soon. 

But not a one of them can hold them in check like we can. Besides us, Turkey has the largest military in NATO, and not a one of them can project force like the United States. 

37 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

It's a big complicated mess. I'm not smart enough to know what the answer is. How come no one in Europe seems concerned?

Here you go Sue. The Hill normally treats Trump ok. JMO but I feel our "savoir" really screwed the pooch on this one. Could result in things we thought we never witness. Campaign promises kept are fine but the timing needs to be right. Simple read 

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/465540-five-ways-trumps-syria-decision-spells-trouble

Archived