Insiders - Halfway Point

AUght2win

I know we have some people with connections to the program, to varying degrees. Would love to see some inside info on the state of the program.

What do you guys think after 6 games? What are you hearing? How's the team's morale? Coaching rumors? Booster reaction to the UF loss? Is there frustration over personnel usage among players (Joey, Schwartz, etc.)?

Just any tidbits, leave them here!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I sure hope no one; coaches, players, board members, boosters or otherwise, are taking it the way this board is.  

Amen

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Scuba Steve! Damn youuuu!

He disliked the OP. Which was unnecessary in my opinion but a perfect opportunity to use that quote.

Wonder what Steven's deal is. Far as I know, I haven't pissed off anyone in the Scuba community. I took Scuba at Auburn. We dove in the Olympic Pool once a week.

I'm not generally in favor of "down votes"...but he could mean that there is enough speculation without asking any who might be in the know to put info where it really doesn't need to be.  JMHO, no shade.

20 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I'm not generally in favor of "down votes"...but he could mean that there is enough speculation without asking any who might be in the know to put info where it really doesn't need to be.  JMHO, no shade.

Exactly and if we keep running off the people in the know we'll never find anything out. 

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Wonder what Steven's deal is. Far as I know, I haven't pissed off anyone in the Scuba community. I took Scuba at Auburn. We dove in the Olympic Pool once a week.

The scuba community can be very sensitive man...what with all the tight suits and sharks and stuff.

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Exactly and if we keep running off the people in the know we'll never find anything out. 

This was not meant to be an incendiary thread. Seriously, just any info from the insiders would be cool, doesn't have to be anti-Gus. 

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

This was not meant to be an incendiary thread. Seriously, just any info from the insiders would be cool, doesn't have to be anti-Gus. 

Not about Gus. My comment was about running off posters who have inside knowledge which has happened recently. 

Most of the true insiders I know/knew have now joined Coach Jordan in that happy stadium in the sky where the clock always reads 0:01 and the score is Auburn 40, UAT 0.

The little I hear is that Gus is good through at least another season, barring a total meltdown. Losing all of the remaining big three plus one of Arky or Ole Miss will bring the subject of a coaching change back up but anything better than that and there will be no discussion of a change in the places that matter.

The players get over a loss faster than fans do. One thing Gus has not done is lose the team and that's not going to happen now either. The staff is too busy putting in their 15-18 hour work days to waste time thinking about what the news media and/or message boards might post.

That's worth what it cost you, I'm no longer as plugged in as I used to be.

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Pretty much renders a football forum useless then.

Yeah it’s pretty useless if you’re looking for that kind of information for free on a football forum. You’ve come to the wrong place 

45 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Let the season play out. Still lots of possibilities for the team. They'll be plenty of drama later. That's a guess on my part, no inside info.

This is true.

No inside info here either but my guess is at 8-4 Gus is safe. 

7-5 could be the end. (Doubt this happens anyway). 

Next season 8-4 probably won’t get it done if its 8-4 this year. 

Just my guess but if I’m not mistaken Auburn has never fired a coach after a winning season so who knows. 

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Yeah it’s pretty useless if you’re looking for that kind of information for free on a football forum. You’ve come to the wrong place 

Am I wrong or didn't there used to be guys like @passthebiscuits who would share great inside info?

No insider. Strictly opinion. Auburn doesn't want to be involved in a coaching carousel. Plus, the coaching market isn't exactly saturated with high level options. So high risk/low reward if we did. 

As far as the rest, I'm just glad it's not an every week news item of "player arrested/busted" or rumors of anarchy in the locker room. Team morale rumors tend to leak quickly now days on Twitter. We would have heard if there was any, even in the slightest imo.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Most of the true insiders I know/knew have now joined Coach Jordan in that happy stadium in the sky where the clock always reads 0:01 and the score is Auburn 40, UAT 0.

The little I hear is that Gus is good through at least another season, barring a total meltdown. Losing all of the remaining big three plus one of Arky or Ole Miss will bring the subject of a coaching change back up but anything better than that and there will be no discussion of a change in the places that matter.

The players get over a loss faster than fans do. One thing Gus has not done is lose the team and that's not going to happen now either. The staff is too busy putting in their 15-18 hour work days to waste time thinking about what the news media and/or message boards might post.

That's worth what it cost you, I'm no longer as plugged in as I used to be.

Is this all because of his buyout that even if Gus loses the big 3, he is safe?

I wonder what level of buyout finally gets a stronger emphasis on changing the guard, if we continue to lose 2 out of the big 3 in following years, with no SECC on the line going into the Alabama game?

To be 3-9 against the big 2(LSU/GA) right now over 6 years before even getting to the Alabama game makes it tough for us to get to the SECC. 

17 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Is this all because of his buyout that even if Gus loses the big 3, he is safe?

I don't think the buyout has much to do with it. Not many want to go through the hassle of firing and hiring a coach right now. Look around, there's not much available out there, the staff is settled in and working together and recruiting is going well. The incentive to do something drastic isn't there with the people who would have to actually deal with it.

On 10/10/2019 at 8:42 PM, AUght2win said:

Me too!  NAUI certification. 

(Enjoyed watching coed's swimming above us.) ;)

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Me too!  NAUI certification. 

(Enjoyed watching coed's swimming above us.) ;)

The exam in freezing cold Lake Martin was UN. BEARABLE.

12 hours ago, AUght2win said:

The exam in freezing cold Lake Martin was UN. BEARABLE.

Our open water exercise was held in a spring in north Florida.  That sounds warm but trust me, it wasn't. The water temp was less than 60 degrees.  It was almost cave diving.

I didn't have a wet suit and improvised by borrowing a "Hawaiian sling" - a long strip of neoprene with arm holes at both ends.  You put your arm in one end, wrap it around your torso and then put your arm through the other end.  It was inadequate.

My NAUI course was taught by the AU wrestling coach.  It was very challenging physically. 

On 10/11/2019 at 9:59 AM, Sizzle said:

Not much in the pay sites, either, honestly. The best info I get is from a private forum, and by request we don't repost elsewhere.

That's how you keep insiders inside...

Archived