Insiders - Halfway Point

AUght2win

It isn't Auburn, but my sources tell me that Tom Herman, Red McCombs and Smokey met at a restaurant in Dallas last night. Apparently the transfer portal rumors around Smokey are true but he still has an affinity for orange.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is still only Gus, the bus driver, and myself still on the Gus Bus. It can be lonely on the bus but we continue to charge forward and fight the good fight. We expect to succeed. In Gus we Trust.

- Captain Sevenlee

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:21 AM, sevenlee36 said:

There is still only Gus, the bus driver, and myself still on the Gus Bus. It can be lonely on the bus but we continue to charge forward and fight the good fight. We expect to succeed. In Gus we Trust.

- Captain Sevenlee

For you, sevenlee:

On 10/11/2019 at 1:27 AM, im4aual said:

Those who talk don't know and those who know don't talk.

Exactly right.  Some have posted in the past and were not believed until later events proved their authenticity. Most of those posters are gone now.

On 10/13/2019 at 10:21 AM, sevenlee36 said:

- Captain Sevenlee

I may or may not be hiding, ducked down in the last seat on the bus....

Amazing how everyone always assumes the team is gonna quit on Gus or each other after a loss. Maybe there’s no inside sources because none of that is happening. I saw UT fans congratulating the team for scoring double digits against UGA and then I realized Auburn isn’t that bad 

On 10/10/2019 at 10:03 PM, gr82be said:

Exactly and if we keep running off the people in the know we'll never find anything out. 

Well that and some "people in the know" are just speculating and stirring the pot.   " Inside information" or negative comments attributed to players or coaches does nothing to help the team and there is no particular reason that people on this board have any right to the information. .  

JMO but I have never seen....never ever seen an indication that the team is less than fully committed to the coaches and to each other.  AU wins games and loses games but as a team, they fight hard to the very end. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Well that and some "people in the know" are just speculating and stirring the pot.   " Inside information" or negative comments attributed to players or coaches does nothing to help the team and there is no particular reason that people on this board have any right to the information. .  

JMO but I have never seen....never ever seen an indication that the team is less than fully committed to the coaches and to each other.  AU wins games and loses games but as a team, they fight hard to the very end. 

My post was made shortly after JMR said he was done here. PTB hasn't been on in a while either. I was referencing that. It was frustration basically. 

15 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I tied a rope to the bumper about 30 ft long and I’m hanging on to it with one hand as I bounce up and down on the gravel and get beat to heck on this road we call Auburn football...

29 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I tied a rope to the bumper about 30 ft long and I’m hanging on to it with one hand as I bounce up and down on the gravel and get beat to heck on this road we call Auburn football...

So, you're saying the bus is in fact moving?

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I try to get on the bus but then games like Florida happen and...

gif-mcgregor-v2-1.gif

One advantage to being the last one on is that you can be the first one off if you choose. 

tenor.gif

16 hours ago, AU64 said:

Honestly some of the crap that leaked out to the media around this exact same time last year was ridiculous.  Once Auburn had chalked up 3 losses, one to the Vols the rumor mongering started in full force on Oct 14th! 

Bob Stoops being courted by a big money Booster,  Steven Leath leaving for D.C. while Harbert tried to delegitimize Gus' contract and then when it all really hit the fan after that embarrassing IB loss. 

Someone in the "know" was pushing inside info from the AD directly to certain media members and they were working non-stop getting that mess to the masses making the entire Auburn organization looked dysfunctional.  :chair:

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Bob Stoops being courted by a big money Booster,  Steven Leath leaving for D.C. while Harbert tried to delegitimize Gus' contract and then when it all really hit the fan after that embarrassing IB loss. 

Well, except the guy who gave Gus that ridiculous contract, Leath, is in fact gone. And most folks seem to agree that that ridiculous contract is the only thing that saved Gus's job last year. And the only evidence that anyone has that Stoops wasn't being courted is Stoops saying the exact same thing that every single big time coach says right before he's hired at the place that he says he hasn't spoken to. 

I still can't tell whether you think that information is false or that you're just upset that it got out to the media.

I'm not upset about any of it. The dummy who did the bad contract is gone. The guy who hired Gus and built the big dumb TV in the stadium is gone. The media have a job to do. If and when Gus moves on, we'll likely be looking at a much more qualified hire than we're used to. 

I just wish Gus would quit crapping the bed in big time football games every season. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I still can't tell whether you think that information is false or that you're just upset that it got out to the media.

I'm not upset about any of it. The dummy who did the bad contract is gone. The guy who hired Gus and built the big dumb TV in the stadium is gone. The media have a job to do. If and when Gus moves on, we'll likely be looking at a much more qualified hire than we're used to. 

A little of both, there was undoubtedly some truth in some of the stuff that was leaked from the AD.  And it really pissed me off that it got out to the media and made AU look like an organization in total disarray. 

There's no way to ever know how much truth was contained in those articles and tweets.  But like you said, the clowns that were running the show have been paid off (handsomely) to leave Auburn and they won't be part of the future.  

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

A little of both, there was undoubtedly some truth in some of the stuff that was leaked from the AD.  And it really pissed me off that it got out to the media and made AU look like an organization in total disarray. 

There's no way to ever know how much truth was contained in those articles and tweets.  But like you said, the clowns that were running the show have been paid off (handsomely) to leave Auburn and they won't be part of the future.  

One thing has become evident. If there is disarray in Auburn, the public will know about it. 

Really wish we could control the narrative better. Would help it we quit writing their stories for them. 

17 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Hey, I rode the bus home after all away football games. I know what you're doing back there.:P

3 hours ago, keesler said:

Honestly some of the crap that leaked out to the media around this exact same time last year was ridiculous.  Once Auburn had chalked up 3 losses, one to the Vols the rumor mongering started in full force on Oct 14th! 

Someone in the "know" was pushing inside info from the AD directly to certain media members and they were working non-stop getting that mess to the masses making the entire Auburn organization looked dysfunctional.  :chair:

Are you saying that they weren't (or aren't) actually dysfunctional?

I’m still on the Gus bus and driving it until the end! Too much left to play for at this point, and Ala and ga at home. Anything could happen.

31956A3B-41E1-46CE-80DE-D1AE04B528D3.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Well it appears that after the TCU loss Smokey isn't as interested in Texas. New rumors that Bully is quite upset at the no targeting call during the Auburn game and is tired of SEC ref's bias in games in regards to the big 6. Good friend of mine saw Bully at a bar in Dallas and it appears he could be interested in making a move to Austin.

bevobully.jpg

34 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Bump. Wanted to hear any info anybody has on where the team is at mentally, as well as the boosters, in the wake of a quintessential Gus loss.

No Auburn team has ever quit on Gus even in the worst of times. A close loss to the nation's #1 team isn't the worst of times. Coe, Brown and Davidson wouldn't have forgone an NFL draft spot to return for another year at AU if they didn't like playing for Malzahn.

As to the boosters, I don't know.

On 10/14/2019 at 7:15 PM, gr82be said:

My post was made shortly after JMR said he was done here. PTB hasn't been on in a while either. I was referencing that. It was frustration basically. 

I didn't know JMR said that and left. When was this?

13 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I didn't know JMR said that and left. When was this?

After an exchange with another poster over his Florida game recap. He's been on a few times after but he's not posting his Things I think I Saw thoughts any longer here. 

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

After an exchange with another poster over his Florida game recap. He's been on a few times after but he's not posting his Things I think I Saw thoughts any longer here. 

PTB, JMR, StatTiger, Momma Worm, several others less notable are also gone. The constant negativism and crybaby posts get tiresome. I can see a gripe here and there, but it's pretty much impossible to come on here and find a thread that doesn't start and continue bashing some coach or other Auburn official. All this crap with a team that's 6-2 vs. the toughest schedule in the nation. Yes, it's the internet and people get to voice their frustrations without consequence. Some people just get tired of reading it. Maybe those mentioned who no longer post have more sense than I do. I must be as stubborn as Gus.

Archived