If you can't be respectful...

gr82be

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wait a minute you want P.J. But I remember you get on us who wanted Bill Clark. I guess you can make the argument that PJ is doing it now in a power 5 but I need to see Minnesota schedule too. 

Please no more high school coaches. 1 is enough for me to last a lifetime.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DAG said:

Really?

i just don’t see how Gus could possibly stay if we lose to UF, LSU, UGA and Bama. Hopefully we have an AD who can make that very hard decisions sometimes you have to let Mark Jackson go, in order to find your Steve Kerr.

What the avid football fans want is not the same as what many Auburn men and women are ready to settle for. Simple as that.

1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I agree but just to back up Mims argument...Auburn hasn’t fired a coach in my memory after a winning season. I know many are not satisfied with 8 wins anymore but apparently many are, 

I posted it a while ago, few seasons ago I think. Auburn either has never fired a coach after a winning season, or they did it once back around WWI or WWII.... can't remember.

I do think getting rid of Gus after an 8 win season COULD happen, but a lot of pieces would have to fall into place,  Like some amazing coach who let AU know he wanted to coach there long term could make something happen I think, or Gus winning 8 but having academic or other off the field problems with his guys.... but Auburn isn't gonna fire Gus for winning 8 just so they can pay him a hefty severance package and take a gamble on some unknown coach.

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

What the avid football fans want is not the same as what many Auburn men and women are ready to settle for. Simple as that.

I posted it a while ago, few seasons ago I think. Auburn either has never fired a coach after a winning season, or they did it once back around WWI or WWII.... can't remember.

I do think getting rid of Gus after an 8 win season COULD happen, but a lot of pieces would have to fall into place,  Like some amazing coach who let AU know he wanted to coach there long term could make something happen I think, or Gus winning 8 but having academic or other off the field problems with his guys.... but Auburn isn't gonna fire Gus for winning 8 just so they can pay him a hefty severance package and take a gamble on some unknown coach.

Yep, I agree. Which is why, despite my skepticism about Gus, I really wanted to believe he could have a big year and calm all this talk down. And he still could...but I ain’t holding my breath. 

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Please no more high school coaches. 1 is enough for me to last a lifetime.

Dude is far from a high school coach , major rebuild as a HC to a UAB program dead in the water. At least be accurate in your assessment. 

Just now, DAG said:

Dude is far from a high school coach , major rebuild as a HC to a UAB program dead in the water. At least be accurate in your assessment. 

And he's been a recruiting machine ever since his HS days 😉

Just now, DAG said:

Here is the problem with Clarke. Who is his mentors? Joey Jones? lol. Same problem I had with Gus. Who is his mentors? Houston Nutt, Todd Graham and Chiz? 

But the main problem I have with him if he was not the coach of a school in the state of alabama NO Auburn fans would want him. Just the fact he is at UAB is why people want him.

I personally think if you are going to post a comment on ANY SITE you should verify identity.  Then post with that verified ID yes comment sections such as al.com and the likes would be empty but if you got the sack to say it back it up. If you want free speech no problem just be sure you are signing for it.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

PJ Fleck is 5-0. No I do not think he will end the year having some magical season at Minny but he is built for a big time program by how well I think he would recruit. I have always thought he had the IT factor. I do not think people will really see how good he can be until he gets a legit big time job.

This was one of my predictions if things go south for Gus, he seems to be doing well at a school that is tough to do it at.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Here is the problem with Clarke. Who is his mentors? Joey Jones? lol. Same problem I had with Gus. Who is his mentors? Houston Nutt, Todd Graham and Chiz? 

But the main problem I have with him if he was not the coach of a school in the state of alabama NO Auburn fans would want him. Just the fact he is at UAB is why people want him.

100% correct IMO....Clarke has nothing to offer AU that a dozen other coaches could not meet or exceed...JMO

45 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

See I don’t go off mentors, I go off what you did as a HC. You can have the best mentors and not be a good HC. What I see is someone who consistently is winning at different levels of all ball and someone who has PROVEN they can build something from nothing as a HC. That is something a lot of coaches absolutely cannot say they did. Like legitimately over turned a program that was discontinued and has made them more than competitive . How can anyone actually completely dismiss that is beyond me. 

On 10/10/2019 at 8:36 PM, johnnyAU said:

Some people don't appear to be happy unless they are outraged. 

Anyone who seriously lives their life like that? Go on and live in your 'safe space' just stay out of my way please!

50 minutes ago, AU64 said:

100% correct IMO....Clarke has nothing to offer AU that a dozen other coaches could not meet or exceed...JMO

Who are these dozen? Besides the obvious ones not coaching at college right now such as UM or Stoops.

2 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Yep, I agree. Which is why, despite my skepticism about Gus, I really wanted to believe he could have a big year and calm all this talk down. And he still could...but I ain’t holding my breath. 

Well, If UGA runs their football program the way people want Auburn ran, then we could hire Kirby Smart right now. :lol: 

Also.... Go Gamecocks!

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Who are these dozen? Besides the obvious ones not coaching at college right now such as UM or Stoops.

Not gonna give you a list....just suggesting that about a dozen Div 1 coaches will lose their jobs this year and when the dust settles, Clark will likely still be at UAB.   JMO.:dunno:

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not gonna give you a list....just suggesting that about a dozen Div 1 coaches will lose their jobs this year and when the dust settles, Clark will likely still be at UAB.   JMO.:dunno:

Well you aren’t really

going on a limb with that 64

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well you aren’t really

going on a limb with that 64

😁   Well not too much ...but just suggesting that BC is probably not yet perceived as Div 1 coaching material.....anywhere....and should not be at AU either...

But should be some good jobs open by the end of the year. ..and as noted elsewhere, MSU might be one of them...so maybe BC would be considered a fit for them?  :dunno:

1 hour ago, DAG said:

UGA just loss. If LSU loses today I am going to laugh my ass off. 

Would that NOT be the best "Bye Week Present" EVER?  Let's add "if TAMU prevails, as well..."

I believe in miracles.jpg

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

😁   Well not too much ...but just suggesting that BC is probably not yet perceived as Div 1 coaching material.....anywhere....and should not be at AU either...

But should be some good jobs open by the end of the year. ..and as noted elsewhere, MSU might be one of them...so maybe BC would be considered a fit for them?  :dunno:

I agree with that assessment. Perception is everything 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I agree with that assessment. Perception is everything 

Well I should have said Power 5 since I think UAB is a Div 1 school....but should be some good jobs open...

But as the money gets bigger for coaches, the leash gets shorter  when coaches disappoint their PTBs.    As Les Miles noted sometime back...…"enemies accumulate" the longer a coach is at a school....and eventually they are enough to force change.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Well I should have said Power 5 since I think UAB is a Div 1 school....but should be some good jobs open...

But as the money gets bigger for coaches, the leash gets shorter  when coaches disappoint their PTBs.    As Les Miles noted sometime back...…"enemies accumulate" the longer a coach is at a school....and eventually they are enough to force change.

Les Miles calls losses "enemies"? Lol, that's Crazy Les for ya. 

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Rich Neuheisel (sp?) Said on CBS Sports radio in the summer that Cristobal covets the Auburn job and if it were to ever come open he would absolutely take the job if offered . He said that un prompted too. I found that very interesting. I would love Cristobal. Dude knows how to play the game. Our top 10 classes every season would be top 5 with him.

Rick may be on to something

Archived