The Montagnards and our sad sad history of abandoning our allies...

DKW 86

The Montagnards and our sad sad history of abandoning our allies...

Background: In the Vietnam War, we had one loyal ally, the Montagnards. We left them behind when we left Vietnam. If you dont know, The Montagnards are near mythic allies within the American Military. They garner instant respect and acknowledgement from anyone that knows their story. 

https://www.historynet.com/the-revolt-of-the-montagnards.htm

http://www.montagnards.org/?fbclid=IwAR2OLZAgBfo9JPEUFmcvA3rNcMakDMNARsXGOdwvVp2zXl0pHa0BHPYv7U0

https://www.vfw.org/media-and-events/latest-releases/archives/2019/4/montagnards-find-home-in-north-carolina?fbclid=IwAR2FdZbC6hyzYHXFy2j7fH-xzzP7XcAU32wXcYWQsuVTLZYeb5tZDgTky5Q

There are now veteran funded volunteer organizations to help bring the families of the Montagnards to America, specifically in NC.

The invertebrate in chief has made a horrible, indefensible mistake with the Kurds. They too have fought side by side with us and now we are abandoning them. As a man, this makes me want to vomit. These people should have been given our highest loyalty, but once again politics drives incredibly bad decisions. F Trump. these people have given their lives and blood to help us and once again, the politics of the moment lead to a betrayal. 

I am a great believer in Karma. This is not going to end well for Mr Trump. 

On 10/11/2019 at 6:55 AM, DKW 86 said:

There are now veteran funded volunteer organizations to help bring the families of the Montagnards to America, specifically in NC

Just so you know, that started back right after we left Viet Nam ......I was in Greensboro in the 1980s when refugees were resettled to the area with help of local churches. 

So I gather that either we should not help any other country or group of people in time of need....or else be prepared to adopt them forever?   

The situation with the Kurds is bad but if you do a bit of research you will find that they have given the Turks plenty of reason to want them gone.     Kurds have been very helpful to the US but they have also hidden behind the US and carried out terrorist attacks in Turkey.    The US and Kurds were a relationship of mutual interest.....and no particular reason it has to go on forever. JMO but both sides have aided us over the last 15 or so years and we have no business getting in between their problems.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/world/middleeast/turkey-kurds-syria.html

i am pretty sure the turks want to wipe the kurds off the face of the earth according to several talking heads on the tele. also pretty much all the military brass AND the gop are furious with the way trump handled all this. we have asked the kurds for help three times if i am not mistaken. once before sadddam in iraq and one after saddam in iraq and now this mess with the turks. they deserved better and we could have done better.

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am pretty sure the turks want to wipe the kurds off the face of the earth according to several talking heads on the tele. also pretty much all the military brass AND the gop are furious with the way trump handled all this. we have asked the kurds for help three times if i am not mistaken. once before sadddam in iraq and one after saddam in iraq and now this mess with the turks. they deserved better and we could have done better.

Probably so...but then again, we went to their defense when Iraq and maybe Syria too were trying out nerve gas on them.....so I'm still of the view that it's been a mutual benefit agreement that does not need to go on forever.     But I trust that you accept that Kurds have been carrying out terror attacks in Turkey and have brought some of this on themselves...hiding behind the US protection. .but yep, it would have been nice to give them more warning.

The Kurds were gassed and gassed by Saddam. they have been fighting for survival for about 30 years. Turkey claiming that the Kurds were terrorists is just another in a 100 year string of lies. The Kurds were our reason to go into Iraq. the Kurds were our second strongest ally in the region. If you count Erdogan as an ally, even in NATO, you need to put down the crack pipe. 

13 hours ago, Tiger Sue said:

I wonder if anyone here has any idea how many civilians the Kurds have killed.

Well, according to Dear Leader:

“He’s (Putin) running his country and at least he’s a leader,” Trump said, leaving the hosts stunned.

“But again, he kills journalists that don’t agree with him,” Joe Scarborough pressed.

“I think our country does plenty of killing also, Joe,” Trump replied. “There’s a lot of stuff going on in the world right now, Joe. A lot of killing going on and a lot of stupidity and that’s the way it is.”

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Well, according to Dear Leader:

“He’s (Putin) running his country and at least he’s a leader,” Trump said, leaving the hosts stunned.

“But again, he kills journalists that don’t agree with him,” Joe Scarborough pressed.

“I think our country does plenty of killing also, Joe,” Trump replied. “There’s a lot of stuff going on in the world right now, Joe. A lot of killing going on and a lot of stupidity and that’s the way it is.”

That doesn't answer my question "how may civilians have the Kurds killed over the years?"

14 hours ago, AU64 said:

Probably so...but then again, we went to their defense when Iraq and maybe Syria too were trying out nerve gas on them.....so I'm still of the view that it's been a mutual benefit agreement that does not need to go on forever.     But I trust that you accept that Kurds have been carrying out terror attacks in Turkey and have brought some of this on themselves...hiding behind the US protection. .but yep, it would have been nice to give them more warning.

It would have been nice to give our own military and state department more warning.

15 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

That doesn't answer my question "how may civilians have the Kurds killed over the years?"

How many civilians have the U.S. killed over the years?

35 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

That wasn't my question. You dodge.

Your question was clearly rhetorical.  I responded in kind with a similar, rhetorical question just to illustrate.

If you want to make a positive contribution, present something concrete about Kurd history instead of asking a question which implies they have a history of committing programmatic murder or genocide.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Your question was clearly rhetorical.  I responded in kind with a similar, rhetorical question just to illustrate.

If you want to make a positive contribution, present something concrete about Kurd history instead of asking a question which implies they have a history of committing programmatic murder or genocide.

You are great at dodgeball today and long on rhetoric

5 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

You are great at dodgeball today and long on rhetoric

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Now the best you can do is repeat posts.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And you probably didn't read it the second time either.

I have now read them for the 3rd, and last time. The two posts are word for word the same. Admit it and move on. I am because it's silly and there for all to see.

8 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

I have now read them for the 3rd, and last time. The two posts are word for word the same. Admit it and move on. I am because it's silly and there for all to see.

"Admit" it? :laugh:

Stop "dodging" the issue - you asked a mindless rhetorical question and I called you on it.  I have "moved on". 

Now you can have the last word.  (It's obvious how vital that is for you. ;))

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Admit" it? :laugh:

Stop "dodging" the issue - you asked a mindless rhetorical question and I called you on it.  I have "moved on". 

Now you can have the last word.  It's obvious how vital that is for you. ;)

Yeah admit what you denied since you clearly did it. Do you deny even that?

Archived