The Hill: Ukrainian Embassy confirms DNC contractor solicited Trump dirt in 2016

DKW 86

13 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You equate everything.

Well, when they should be equated, yes I do. You want to un-equate things based solely on WHO did them. If your favorite team did them, then of course you want to obfuscate, confuse, mitigate, justify, etc, just like Trump. I on the other hand want to to hold the whole sorry lot to the same standard. 

America got to the incredible mess we are in because we used partisanship like it wasnt a horribly bad thing. Partisanship negates intellect, honesty, integrity. I am going to spend the rest of my life trying to bring all that back. 

13 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

in trumps case i say investigate.prosecute.lock him up. he is not even hardly trying to cover up. if people are not held accountable then it gets worse down the road.  i am a law and order guy.

But not for the other guys? So what you really mean is that Law and Order should not be applied to BOTH sides, only the one you dislike? So if someone, say HRC and her minions are trying to cover it up, however unsuccessfully, then because of they are trying to cover it up, you support it?

Strange world in which you live. Doing bad stuff is okay if you dont do it openly...THAT'S what you are okay with?

12 hours ago, AFTiger said:

Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko told Hill.TV's John Solomon in an interview that aired Wednesday that U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch gave him a do not prosecute list during their first meeting.

“Unfortunately, from the first meeting with the U.S. ambassador in Kiev, [Yovanovitch] gave me a list of people whom we should not prosecute,” Lutsenko, who took his post in 2016, told Hill.TV last week.

Link?

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Well, when they should be equated, yes I do. You want to un-equate things based solely on WHO did them. If your favorite team did them, then of course you want to obfuscate, confuse, mitigate, justify, etc, just like Trump. I on the other hand want to to hold the whole sorry lot to the same standard. 

America got to the incredible mess we are in because we used partisanship like it wasnt a horribly bad thing. Partisanship negates intellect, honesty, integrity. I am going to spend the rest of my life trying to bring all that back. 

I said investigate to see if there’s a crime. You asked about a special prosecutor. Special prosecutor’s are to investigate an administration to minimize conflict of interest, although we’ve seen the current model is flawed in that regard. Trump’s DOJ can investigate this if they think it’s warranted. Do I trust them to be fair? Hell no, but if they indict someone I still have enough confidence in the courts to hope for a fair outcome. I don’t know if Chalupa equates to what happened in 2016– you automatically assume it does. I said investigate to find out. You ignore what’s happening right now or equate it to whatever Chalupa did. Then you immediately distort my response to fit your narrative. As you’re fond of saying, rinse, lather and repeat.

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

But not for the other guys? So what you really mean is that Law and Order should not be applied to BOTH sides, only the one you dislike? So if someone, say HRC and her minions are trying to cover it up, however unsuccessfully, then because of they are trying to cover it up, you support it?

Strange world in which you live. Doing bad stuff is okay if you dont do it openly...THAT'S what you are okay with?

where are you getting i do not want corrupt dems prosecuted? that is a bit of a stretch dkw. i just said i was a law and order guy and not a part time law and order guy? my focus is on trump because of all the damage he is doing to the country. everyone should be held to the same standard. i do believe this..........we need to be careful however when it comes to dem and repub propaganda machines making false claims.even trump deserves a fair trial. i still do not understand where you got the thoughts that all dems should get a pass if they break the law.

12 hours ago, Tiger Sue said:

Wish we could all be nice and have civil discussions. I don't know why it is necessary to be rude to each other. I have family/neighbors who disagree on politics but we don't get nasty with it. Politicians of all stripes aren't worth it.

JMHO but I wish they would just eliminate the smack forum and have one political forum with the posted rules. This is the only AU board I know of which encourages snack (rudeness) among AU people.

i enjoy it. and some of the nastiness is not what it seems. i got a time out over making mom jokes to jap.we talked recently and he thought the jokes were funny and he never once  dreamed i was serious about his mother. but you can always stay on the polite board. i like smack talk!.on different days we mostly all eat crow. sometimes things get heated but for the most part folks act alright.

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I said investigate to see if there’s a crime. You asked about a special prosecutor. Special prosecutor’s are to investigate an administration to minimize conflict of interest, although we’ve seen the current model is flawed in that regard. Trump’s DOJ can investigate this if they think it’s warranted. Do I trust them to be fair? Hell no, but if they indict someone I still have enough confidence in the courts to hope for a fair outcome. I don’t know if Chalupa equates to what happened in 2016– you automatically assume it does. I said investigate to find out. You ignore what’s happening right now or equate it to whatever Chalupa did. Then you immediately distort my response to fit your narrative. As you’re fond of saying, rinse, lather and repeat.

No, I have been one of the few here saying repeatedly if we are going to Investigate, then Investigate them all. 

I would prefer a simple election based outcome and the nation move on. That does not seem doable anymore.
There are far too many out for blood now, BUT...if we are going to Investigate, then Investigate them all. 

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

where are you getting i do not want corrupt dems prosecuted? that is a bit of a stretch dkw. i just said i was a law and order guy and not a part time law and order guy? my focus is on trump because of all the damage he is doing to the country. everyone should be held to the same standard. i do believe this..........we need to be careful however when it comes to dem and repub propaganda machines making false claims.even trump deserves a fair trial. i still do not understand where you got the thoughts that all dems should get a pass if they break the law.

in trumps case i say investigate.prosecute.lock him up. he is not even hardly trying to cover up. if people are not held accountable then it gets worse down the road.  i am a law and order guy.

Here you only reference Trump and then add the qualifier that he is not even trying to cover it up.

I wish we would just move on to the Election and quit trying to destroy what's left of the country. The only reason I say that is that we as a nation have already wasted 23 months on just about nothing. The American people are very tired of the DC Blame Game. I am too. As bad as Mueller went, I could make the argument that tthe DC Crowd could once again screw it all up and make Trump look like a victim. 

18 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

No, I have been one of the few here saying repeatedly if we are going to Investigate, then Investigate them all. 

I would prefer a simple election based outcome and the nation move on. That does not seem doable anymore.
There are far too many out for blood now, BUT...if we are going to Investigate, then Investigate them all. 

If Trump’s DOJ think there’s even remotely something there, they can. Barr is even more partisan than Sessions, so they can invest the resources in any investigation they think has merit. And probably some that don’t.

23 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If Trump’s DOJ think there’s even remotely something there, they can. Barr is even more partisan than Sessions, so they can invest the resources in any investigation they think has merit. And probably some that don’t.

I disagree. I think Barr is his own man. He has a long distinguished and unblemished career and he is not about to stain it by trying to please Trump.

23 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

I disagree. I think Barr is his own man. He has a long distinguished and unblemished career and he is not about to stain it by trying to please Trump.

😳😳😳🙄

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, AUDub said:

LOL @ Solomon. 

Erik Wemple?  LOL. Doesn't his wife work for Mother Jones one of the most partisan voices in politics?

https://twitter.com/jsolomonReports

On 10/12/2019 at 3:50 PM, AFTiger said:

Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko told Hill.TV's John Solomon in an interview that aired Wednesday that U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch gave him a do not prosecute list during their first meeting.

“Unfortunately, from the first meeting with the U.S. ambassador in Kiev, [Yovanovitch] gave me a list of people whom we should not prosecute,” Lutsenko, who took his post in 2016, told Hill.TV last week.

On 10/13/2019 at 4:26 AM, DKW 86 said:

Link?

Still waiting on that link...I googled it and found nothing credible. 

On 10/13/2019 at 9:30 PM, Tiger Sue said:

Yeah, right.  :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Proud won't be replying. 

17 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Erik Wemple?  LOL. Doesn't his wife work for Mother Jones one of the most partisan voices in politics?

https://twitter.com/jsolomonReports

That's not really a rebuttal. He's just echoing The Hill's official statement.

Good example of the ad hominem fallacy though. 

On 10/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, AFTiger said:

Do some research before posting.  :no: 

Fox's “news” anchor pushes debunked smear about impeachment witness Marie Yovanovitch

Martha MacCallum tries to rescue recanted do-not-prosecute “list” smear

............." President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani and The Hill columnist John Solomon (now also a Fox News contributor) had circulated the allegation, which Donald Trump Jr. also pushed, accusing Yovanovitch of presenting Ukrainian officials with a list of individuals and business that they should not prosecute..........

.......But as Deputy Assistant Secretary of State George Kent previously told the Intelligence Committee, this supposed copy of the “list” was a very sloppy forgery to which his own business card had been attached:

Some of the people I had to Google, I had not heard of. Half the names were misspelled. Not the way that any American, or even Ukrainian, or Russian would transliterate Ukrainian names. My best guess, just from a linguistics semantic point is the person who created the fake list was either Czech or Serbian.

Solomon’s work at The Hill has served as a major conduit for the many conspiracy theories Giuliani has pushed about Ukraine. In fact, Kent, Yovanovitch, and many other witnesses have called out the falsehoods in Solomon’s reporting."

https://www.mediamatters.org/martha-maccallum/foxs-news-anchor-pushes-debunked-smear-about-impeachment-witness-marie-yovanovitch

On 10/12/2019 at 8:43 PM, Tiger Sue said:

Wish we could all be nice and have civil discussions. I don't know why it is necessary to be rude to each other. I have family/neighbors who disagree on politics but we don't get nasty with it. Politicians of all stripes aren't worth it.

JMHO but I wish they would just eliminate the smack forum and have one political forum with the posted rules. This is the only AU board I know of which encourages snack (rudeness) among AU people.

i love the smack forum sue.................lol. sing with me   i am just a nasty boy, a nasty boy, a nasty boy...........honestly i think it is supposed to be a place to have knock down drag outs with the understanding that at the end of the day it is just smack talk. people wear many faces and this is just a place to get down and dirty without getting cooties. besides i have figured out you might be an incredible troll. at least i hope so..........lol

14 hours ago, AUDub said:

Proud won't be replying. 

Tiger Sue does not equal Proud.

And what is wrong with Solomon's opinion when we are hearing nothing more than opinions from proclaimed "witnesses". Like Trump or not easy to see this whole thing is joke. 

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Tiger Sue does equal Proud.

And what is wrong with Solomon's opinion when we are hearing nothing more than opinions from proclaimed "witnesses". Like Trump or not easy to see this whole thing is joke. 

Nobody is laughing 🍺

On 10/13/2019 at 7:53 PM, DKW 86 said:

Here you only reference Trump and then add the qualifier that he is not even trying to cover it up.

I wish we would just move on to the Election and quit trying to destroy what's left of the country. The only reason I say that is that we as a nation have already wasted 23 months on just about nothing. The American people are very tired of the DC Blame Game. I am too. As bad as Mueller went, I could make the argument that tthe DC Crowd could once again screw it all up and make Trump look like a victim. 

i am concerned about trump is why. and yes  i have a special dislike for him.but i heard on one of the talking heads mention that the complete mueller report was never released in full and only the redacted version was put out.it has been hinted at that barr might be obstructing justice. this is the top cop of the land and if he is breaking the law to protect trump he needs to go to jail. i think trump takes priority but i have no doubt the dnc is crooked as well. again, anyone breaking the law of government should be prosecuted. anyone. all i am saying is i think trump should be priority.the fact trump made the statement that very bad things would happen to yano is deeply troubling to me.

Archived