anyone want to talk auburn or sports memorabilia

aubiefifty

give me a shout. i used to collect mantle stuff until it got too pricey so now i am interested in auburn stuff. whats your favorite auburn piece?

• 7 months later...

Pinbacks and Pennants are my favorite - the older, the better. My favorite might be an old API pennant I bought years ago. What’s your favorite? I would love to see a photo of your collection.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I can't find a better place to ask this, and I don't know if I have enough points to create my own topic yet, but I saw a cool auburn hat some of our football coaches were wearing last season, with the state in the middle taking the place of the 'D' in WDE. So it was like W 'state of alabama' E or something like that. I can't seem to find the hat ANYWHERE. Did I imagine it???

On 6/2/2022 at 3:12 PM, KansasTiger said:

I can't find a better place to ask this, and I don't know if I have enough points to create my own topic yet, but I saw a cool auburn hat some of our football coaches were wearing last season, with the state in the middle taking the place of the 'D' in WDE. So it was like W 'state of alabama' E or something like that. I can't seem to find the hat ANYWHERE. Did I imagine it???

usually you can go to auburn and find the stuff coaches are wearing. at least you used to could. i think j and m bookstore used to carry stuff coaches wear because they are popular but it has been twenty years or more since i have been there.

On 5/26/2020 at 7:10 AM, Retro.Tiger said:

Pinbacks and Pennants are my favorite - the older, the better. My favorite might be an old API pennant I bought years ago. What’s your favorite? I would love to see a photo of your collection.

it would take me a good while. i got mantles and bo's {both by the way}. i have tons of rookie auto cards of auburn players. my favorite is pat and terry sitting on top of the back support of the benches and it is autographed by both. i probably have fifty mantle plastic coins from hotdogs they gave away in the late fifties and early sixties.all colors and some are errors that spell his name mantel. i have a ton of these because they were less than ten bucks a pop for the most part.

i just bought a really nice bo nix auto rookie for ten bucks and the seller gave me two free bo commons{non auto} free. before that i bought two flannagan auto rookies for like six bucks or maybe seven. recently i bought a lionel little train james auto from the pack guaranteed for around fifteen bucks.

my favorite piece ever is a 1955 batting statue of mickey mantle that was a give away from dairy queen.it is plastic and looks like an army soldier except it is mantle bunting. i gave 250 for that bad boy but is is very rare. i also have a mickey mantle baseball bucks ten dollar bill with his pic on it. theses are rare because kids mostly played with them and trashed them.

here is my bo nix rookie i just got in the mail today.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/12/2019 at 3:42 PM, aubiefifty said:

give me a shout. i used to collect mantle stuff until it got too pricey so now i am interested in auburn stuff. whats your favorite auburn piece?

I do mostly cards. My favorite Auburn piece is probably the 1950 Travis Tidwell card in his NY Giants uniform, though I have dozens of others, including a particularly nice Tucker Fredrickson piece (Thanks!) :) .

I have a '55 Bowman Mantle and a '56 Topps Mantle. My team was the Dodgers, so I have more Pee Wee, Jackie, Duke, Sandy Koufax and Campy cards than I have of the hated Yankees, though I have a few of Berra's. He was always a player I liked in spite of being a Yankee. I guess I do have at least 15 1950's cards of Yankees, Ford, Rizzuto, Lopat and so forth.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I do mostly cards. My favorite Auburn piece is probably the 1950 Travis Tidwell card in his NY Giants uniform, though I have dozens of others, including a particularly nice Tucker Fredrickson piece (Thanks!) :) .

I have a '55 Bowman Mantle and a '56 Topps Mantle. My team was the Dodgers, so I have more Pee Wee, Jackie, Duke, Sandy Koufax and Campy cards than I have of the hated Yankees, though I have a few of Berra's. He was always a player I liked in spite of being a Yankee. I guess I do have at least 15 1950's cards of Yankees, Ford, Rizzuto, Lopat and so forth.

i bought a tidwell 51 for less than ten with shipping. odd as it is i cannot hardly find any cards of players on the 57 natty team. i think my next two will be takeo and quintin. i try to get legit auto cards. i want a freddy but there are none with auto's. remember him? i remember chanting his name with the crowd a few times.

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i bought a tidwell 51 for less than ten with shipping. odd as it is i cannot hardly find any cards of players on the 57 natty team. i think my next two will be takeo and quintin. i try to get legit auto cards. i want a freddy but there are none with auto's. remember him? i remember chanting his name with the crowd a few times.

Back in those days not every football player had a card. I have several of the '57 players, but not all. A tough one for me to find was Mike Kolen with the Dolphins. I finally found a mini-card but if there's a traditional type card for Kolen, I don't know where it is. Him being a starter on Dolphin championship teams you'd think there would be many.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

Back in those days not every football player had a card. I have several of the '57 players, but not all. A tough one for me to find was Mike Kolen with the Dolphins. I finally found a mini-card but if there's a traditional type card for Kolen, I don't know where it is. Him being a starter on Dolphin championship teams you'd think there would be many.

they have about a half a dozen on ebay right now plus autographed 8 by 10 black and white. i will probably get one later. i will let you have first pick mickey as i have errands to run after coffee. they even had dandy don. they have two custom cards and two sunoco cards. they all look great but the two custom cards i am puzzled about and might be some kind of special card because it does not say tops or anything.

Edited by aubiefifty

two of what i thought were cards are stamps from sunoco. six bucks with free shipping and looks to be mint. ol captain crunch!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have collected a few things here and there. I have toilet paper from Toomers that go back to 2004 to have placed in a big frame one day. Any big game I attended where the trees were rolled I took clippings and wrote the game score and date.  My favorite is a Bo Jackson, Cam Newton and Pat Sullivan autographed football. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...

@aubiefifty, @abw0004, @Mikey, @fishepa, @Indy

Exploring possibly selling some/all of my collection of Auburn signed cards. I could post them all on ebay, but liked the idea of seeing if anyone is interested, knowing they'd go to a good Auburn home. Added benefit is I can cut out seller fees and offer a lower price. I can send you pictures and we can discuss prices if any of you might be interested. WDE

All cards have the players in their Auburn Uniform, no photoshopping out of the AU logo (Except Bruce Pearl)

Football:
Bo Jackson Upper Deck Sweet Swatches Game Used Jersey (Auburn Uniform, no auto)
Jason Campbell Topps Draft Picks Game used Jersey and Auto (Red Senior Bowl jersey)
Ronnie Brown UD Exquisite Booklet Game Used Jersey and Auto
Cadillac Williams Press Pass Rookie Auto
Chris Davis SP Authentic Moments Auto (of his kick six runback)
Jarret Stidham/Darius Slayton Immaculate Dual Auto
Jarret Stidham National Treasures RPA
Carlos Rogers Sage Press Pass Auto
Takeo Spikes Press Pass Auto
Cameron Artis-Payne National Treasures Auto
Tre Mason Immaculate RPA (Rookie Patch Auto)
Sammie Coates Immaculate Patch Auto
Kamryn Pettway National Treasures RPA
Kerryon Johnson National Treasures Jumbo RPA
Marlon Davidson Prizm Auto (Silver)
Derrick Brown Prizm Auto (Mojo)/49
Ronnie Brown National Treasures Game Used Patch
Nick Marshall Contenders Bowl Ticket Rookie Auto

Basketball:
Bruce Pearl UD World of Sports Auto (No team identified on card)
Charles Barkley 2019 Flawless Auto (Gold)/10 SSP
Isaac Okoro Prizm Fast Break Auto (Silver Disco)
Chuma Okeke National Treasures Auto/99
Mamadou N'Diaye UD SP Top Prospects Auto
Jared Harper Prizm Draft Picks Auto (Silver)

Baseball:
Frank Thomas Contenders Old School Colors Auto
Josh Donaldson Elite Collegiate Legacy Auto/5
Casey Mize Elite Extra Baseball Auto/10

@KansasTigerThanks for including me but I'm not interested in adding to my card collection at this time. That is unless you happen to have a spare 1955 Sandy Koufax Topps card laying around in a drawer somewhere. :)

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

@KansasTigerThanks for including me but I'm not interested in adding to my card collection at this time. That is unless you happen to have a spare 1955 Sandy Koufax Topps card laying around in a drawer somewhere. :)

Haha I wish...

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I am updating my home office from an Auburn theme to more of a family theme.  I am listing these items for sale if anyone is interested.  A framed Auburn Creed, a framed What is Auburn, an Auburn snowman and a Samford Hall collectible.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175906397979

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175906401643

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175906404641

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175906408392

• 4 months later...

i would be interest in the jason cambell. i have most of the other stuff. and how i missed this i have no idea......

On 10/12/2019 at 3:42 PM, aubiefifty said:

A 1989 Kappa Kappa Gamma.  

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Way late to this party.

My pro autograph collection is better than Auburn.  Mostly baseball--Ruth, Maris, Mantle, DiMaggio, Williams single signed baseball and an MJ basketball are my grails.

I have T-Bell and Bates' cleats from the 2010 SEC Championship game.  I have Nosa's locker room nameplate from Glendale and a pair of game used gloves from the 2010 BCS--that took forever to get!  Ryan White's letterman watch and his 2013 SEC title game cleats, Ricardo's gloves from the Prayer at Jordan-Hare--minis signed by each Heisman winner.  Another mini signed by Cam, Bo, Aundray Bruce and Tucker--our number one picks.  Full size helmet signed by the 3 Heisman winners, mini signed by every coach of in my lifetime, one signed by the 2004 big four and some random stuff mixed in as well.  A couple of game jerseys.  I have a bunch of random stuff but haven't really worked to add more since 2017 or so.