LSU vs Florida

CR

16 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

True, but does give us a leg up on LSU in the West

Maybe but I think our path is remarkably straightforward - if we win out we play for the SEC championship. If we drop another game we don’t.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CR said:

I despise Mullen but I can't deny he calls a really smart game.

Yes, he does.

Dang what a game. Even though it sucked losing last weekend and I'm still pissed about it, I'm feeling a LITTLE BIT better about the loss right now. 

I'm loving Florida's liberal use of the Zig route. 12 has been killing with that route all game long. 

Also spreading this LSU defense out and making Delpit play high is even better. When you give a rangy safety half a field he will kill you but make him do everything deep and he is cooked.

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

So, an improved LSU offense, with a good plan, utilizing its strengths and playmakers, combined with good play calling...is scoring on the vaunted UF defense...impressive.

Hmmm ... 🤔

8 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Not many plays at H either. Since he isn't really a blocker Auburn prob wouldn't get him.

Facts are stubborn 

Florida has taken a middling roster and team and literally turned them into title contenders... WITHIN THE SEC. Let that sink in. If we look at a talent perspective, Auburn has a FAR more talented roster and yet we don't field a team that moves the ball or defends with near the ease or efficiency as Florida.

Williams is WAY better than Van Jefferson yet look at the night he is having... With a backup QB.

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Florida has taken a middling roster and team and literally turned them into title contenders... WITHIN THE SEC. Let that sink in. If we look at a talent perspective, Auburn has a FAR more talented roster and yet we don't field a team that moves the ball or defends with near the ease or efficiency as Florida.

Williams is WAY better than Van Jefferson yet look at the night he is having... With a backup QB.

Then our problem must truly be coaching, or lack thereof ... :sad2:

34 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

I'm loving Kyle Pitts. He is what Sal Cannella could of been for Auburn. Florida is having a great time using their 4 WIDE SETS.... Even their TEs in the slot.

Harold Joiner could fill that role too

7 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Im outta likes but...👍

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Harold Joiner could fill that role too

I haven't seen his receiving abilities yet.... I have seen his running ability so I do know that he fills a need there. 

But if he is a great receiver then we definitely need to employ him. Big Slot all the way. He actually could even do a speed slot and move him around in some exciting ways.

13 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Then our problem must truly be coaching, or lack thereof ... :sad2:

Our problem has been coaching for several years now. With The talent Gus has  aquired it's purely criminal the results he's produced. I'm sure I'll catch the devil from the apologists, but the truth burns to the bone sometimes.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Perspective: Florida looks to be much higher quality then we expected. Also our defense is legit.

Yep. Could and should very well have beaten what looks to be a really good Florida team. I think we're legit too...

2 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

I haven't seen his receiving abilities yet.... I have seen his running ability so I do know that he fills a need there. 

But if he is a great receiver then we definitely need to employ him. Big Slot all the way. He actually could even do a speed slot and move him around in some exciting ways.

I've also said he is an Aaron Hernandez clone and needs to fill that role. A match up nightmare against corners and most  safeties

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I've also said he is an Aaron Hernandez clone and needs to fill that role

The rare RB/TE Hybrid but with the length most miss. 

Would be like Flowers from Oklahoma. Could use him in Buck sweeps, RPO screens, Tunnel Screens. 
God I'd salivate at those possibilities. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Perspective: Florida looks to be much higher quality then we expected. Also our defense is legit.

LSU's offense is legit! Hope our D is lights out when we play them. Going to need a miracle on offense too.

Archived