AU-24

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

They geared their offense towards their strengths... imagine that lol

tenor.gif

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Kind of surprised at how good Florida looks against LSU. Gets back to my constant scheduling opinions. We see the Ohio State’s and LSU’s pounding inferior competition, and they look great. Then when they play a team similarly ranked, all of a sudden they don’t look like world beaters.

That’s exactly how I felt last week about Florida. Their schedule had been super weak. Right before they beat us. 

10 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

UF's best pass rusher is out and has been since first half...before that he was a problem.

That guy gave us fits. Take him out if the equation and...we’ll there was a lot of other things that went wrong.  Still not making any sense of that game. 

i hope not but i believe we drop one to lsu. orgeron always seems to have our number. they never give up and just keep coming. i also believe right now lsu wins the sec if burrow stays healthy. i certainly am no expert and going on limited knowledge and gut feelings.

and how about mullen repeating over and over how many injuries they had causing their loss instead of just congratulating lsu. i wonder if dan might feel some heat or something from his bosses causing him to say that repeatedly or if he is just being a jerk? i choose jerk.

10 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

So we’ve established Tulane is better than advertised, Oregon is good, A&M is overrated and Miss, St.sucks...and a competent offense can score on Florida...and score and score and score...

No idea what all that means but when it comes to the crazy world of college football who knows?

It just means there are no such thing as wins by proxy...

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i hope not but i believe we drop one to lsu. orgeron always seems to have our number. they never give up and just keep coming. i also believe right now lsu wins the sec if burrow stays healthy. i certainly am no expert and going on limited knowledge and gut feelings.

and how about mullen repeating over and over how many injuries they had causing their loss instead of just congratulating lsu. i wonder if dan might feel some heat or something from his bosses causing him to say that repeatedly or if he is just being a jerk? i choose jerk.

I agree. I'm just not seeing Nix outperforming Burrow in BR... that is what it will take.

5 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I agree. I'm just not seeing Nix outperforming Burrow in BR... that is what it will take.

i think bo will rise to the occasion on one or two of our harder games left. i hope gus is making the o more bo friendly and i also hope pat nix still coaches bo some on the phone as well. but if we allow folks to get after bo like florida did it will be tough.

VS. LSU Gatewood has got to be in the equation. That needs to start this week against Arkansas. Enough talk from Gus about a package for Joey. Unwrap the dang package Gus. 

1 hour ago, C'viewTiger said:

That guy gave us fits. Take him out if the equation and...we’ll there was a lot of other things that went wrong.  Still not making any sense of that game. 

Two of their starting DL’s were out.

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

That needs to start this week against Arkansas. Enough talk from Gus about a package for Joey. Unwrap the dang package Gus. 

I have come to the realization that the word *package* to Gus is just a sound bite.  He has had *packages* for Worm, Schwartz, JFIII, McClain, you name the player and we very seldom see them.  When the press brought up JG not playing in the UF he said something like the situation wasn’t there for the JG *package*.  

I’ve often said; don’t listen to what Gus says, watch what he does.  It’s less frustrating that way.

• WarTiger changed the title to Oregon and Tulane since AU
12 hours ago, DAG said:

Also Florida is in a dog fight against LSU. Interesting perspective. Why we should be disappointed but not melting after last week. We left points on the board. We our in a perfect position to improve.

When will folks realize it’s not about the loss to UF. In the record book that will be a good loss. The problem was how we loss. What I’m mad about is that Gus regressed back into his mode of trying to outsmart himself. I’m not mad about any player’s performance I’m mad about play calling and lack of by Gus. For example KS side got smoked on the first play. Bad ? Yes. But it didn’t happen again because KS fixed the problem. On offense from the first quarter till the end of the game Gus continually couldn’t get a play in to Bo. Most of the time Bo had under 8 seconds to run around and tell each lineman and back and rush back for the snap. He had zero time to look at the defense after he was set and adjust blocking or anything else. We were back to the prairie dog offense again. But my major point is that Gus had done better with his change up to that game. Now that he reverted back will he go back to what he was winning with or will he pop up and do the same again next time. I was actually building confidence in Gus changing for the good but now I’m back to square one with him again. Nuff said. Just don’t want folks acting like this loss wasn’t nothing because it was and it was because of how it happened.

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Forget LSU of the past. This LSU has no defense. They surrendered 38 to Vandy. Vandy hasn’t put up anywhere close to 38 on anyone else. We’ll be able to run the football against LSU, which will take a lot of pressure off Nix. We’ll put up points against LSU. The game will be decided by whether or not our defense can slow down Burrow enough for those points to be sufficient.

30 minutes ago, gr82be said:

VS. LSU Gatewood has got to be in the equation. That needs to start this week against Arkansas. Enough talk from Gus about a package for Joey. Unwrap the dang package Gus. 

While I agree, it should be noted that Gatewood wouldn’t have helped against Florida. Our OL sucked it up, and we weren’t able to get the run game going in the first half. Our OL was good enough to get push against Florida, but they didn’t get push. That made us one dimensional with a freshman at QB. If our OL showed up, we would have dominated Florida.

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

When will folks realize it’s not about the loss to UF. In the record book that will be a good loss. The problem was how we loss. What I’m mad about is that Gus regressed back into his mode of trying to outsmart himself. I’m not mad about any player’s performance I’m mad about play calling and lack of by Gus. For example KS side got smoked on the first play. Bad ? Yes. But it didn’t happen again because KS fixed the problem. On offense from the first quarter till the end of the game Gus continually couldn’t get a play in to Bo. Most of the time Bo had under 8 seconds to run around and tell each lineman and back and rush back for the snap. He had zero time to look at the defense after he was set and adjust blocking or anything else. We were back to the prairie dog offense again. But my major point is that Gus had done better with his change up to that game. Now that he reverted back will he go back to what he was winning with or will he pop up and do the same again next time. I was actually building confidence in Gus changing for the good but now I’m back to square one with him again. Nuff said. Just don’t want folks acting like this loss wasn’t nothing because it was and it was because of how it happened.

You feel better?

okay so now for the rest of us who want to move on from the Florida game and discuss how to get better, I am all ears!

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No do you ? If you thought I felt better then you either didn’t take time to read it or you didn’t understand it 🤔

Well you responded to me ranting. I don’t think I’m the one with the issue lol. 

No I agreed with you that the loss to Florida on paper was not a big deal.  We can still make the SEC and the CFP by winning out but now I’m just wondering if the Gus we saw last Saturday will rear  his ahead again or if we will see the changed Gus we saw the first few games. Sorry if it sounded like an attack on you wasn’t meant to be.

7 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No I agreed with you that the loss to Florida on paper was not a big deal.  We can still make the SEC and the CFP by winning out but now I’m just wondering if the Gus we saw last Saturday will rear  his ahead again or if we will see the changed Gus we saw the first few games. Sorry if it sounded like an attack on you wasn’t meant to be.

And that’s the main difference. I never said the loss wasn’t a big deal. I am saying it is not a deal breaker! There is still tons of opportunity for us to improve starting with this WEEK. Perceptions change on a weekly basis. UGA top 3 and they just loss to a 20 point under dog. Just like that the whole dynamics change. That is the great thing about college football. Yes the UF game was bad scheming, we missed big plays, but even with all of that, we were still in the game, hence why I am saying there is a lot of learning opportunity for the offense as a whole. 

Big question now is running back. Where do we go for now. I think it will be a rotation mainly around Kam with Worm DJ and Joiner get a lot of rotation. My concern is more about pass blocking by them. I also want Gus to roll Bo more intentionally . I think Bo throws well while moving and that makes his running ability more dangerous. Nick was always more sucessful out of the pocket than in it. But then again I don’t get paid 7 million I make those calls 😁

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Big question now is running back. Where do we go for now. I think it will be a rotation mainly around Kam with Worm DJ and Joiner get a lot of rotation. My concern is more about pass blocking by them. I also want Gus to roll Bo more intentionally . I think Bo throws well while moving and that makes his running ability more dangerous. Nick was always more sucessful out of the pocket than in it. But then again I don’t get paid 7 million I make those calls 😁

I want DJ to get most of the reps. Only because he looks the part. But I would also love to see what Harold could do.

20 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

While I agree, it should be noted that Gatewood wouldn’t have helped against Florida. Our OL sucked it up, and we weren’t able to get the run game going in the first half. Our OL was good enough to get push against Florida, but they didn’t get push. That made us one dimensional with a freshman at QB. If our OL showed up, we would have dominated Florida.

I disagree on a couple of points. First Bo was struggling. Getting him off the field for a few downs would have helped Bo. Second you know if Gus sent Joey in he would have been more safe in his play calling less likely to pass . Without the turnovers we might have had a chance even Gus conceded he should have in retrospect . But like you said let’s move on.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I want DJ to get most of the reps. Only because he looks the part. But I would also love to see what Harold could do.

Just don’t know if DJ has the playbook down yet. 

12 hours ago, alexava said:

I’m find it hard to pull for Florida. I hate Mullen. But I am

Dislike both teams so it was Mullen vs Coach O............Coach O hands down.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

And yes I love Harold also. We are not using him enough in the wheel route. It would be the best play when they box up the middle like UF did. Send your WRs ling and hit Harold on the wheel. 

I just wanna put this out there. I don’t believe Auburn is a bad football team because of the loss at Florida. I don’t believe Auburn is a bad football team at all. I think Auburn is about what a lot of folks thought they would be. A 9-3 to 8-4 team who is capable of pulling an upset over one of our big three rivals. 

Some want to accuse those of us who are critical of Gus of saying the team is bad. Not at all. This is a good football team.

But, when, after year seven, do we take another step? After seven years, do we move into 9-3 and 10-2 becoming more the norm and start turning around our recent problems with LSU, UGA AND UAT? 

Watching the guy who “created” his own offense continue to struggle in figuring out said offense is what is disappointing. Watching some of the same struggles with personnel and packages and play calling is what’s disappointing about the loss to Florida. It doesn’t bode well for the three remaining tough games. There’s no meltdown, its just we’ve all seen this movie before...

And I’ve already seen a few on here and Twitter suddenly assuming UGA is a win for us? You can’t judge that based on one bad game by the dawgs considering much worse uga teams have beaten us recently when we thought we were the better team. I assume nothing in those three games. I only assume we’ll beat the brakes off Arky and Ole Sis.

Archived